How do you want to go?

If I ever find myself in that position, I will be comforted by the fact that there is a .357 in the drawer of my night stand.

When a Buddhist trains to die, one way, is to visualize dying in many different ways, and to rehearse how you will hold your mind and heart in those final moments.

None of us know the date and hour of our death nor the way we will die.

I like surprises.

Even as a kid, I would never go looking for my presents, or jump the gun by getting up early on Christmas.

So I'd like a scene that's something like this;

TT; Holy shit, a bus! [followed by a whacking sound]

Knowing I lived Life to the fullest ... full of Love and happiness ... free of regret.

With my husband preferrably .. quickly and painlessly.

When a Buddhist trains to die, one way, is to visualize dying in many different ways, and to rehearse how you will hold your mind and heart in those final moments.

I thought you quit Buddhism?

man, I'm out of the loop.

I quit considering myself a Buddhist. I haven't stopped training to die. I recently attended a P'howa Training.

None of US know the date and hour, but God does. And i'm hoping He's planning a QUICK death for me...i'm not too excited about something drawn out and i'm not into pain!! My worst fear is i'll die from drowning!!!! That scare's the crap out of me!!!!

I dont want to go, but I will.

The best case senario I guess would be with some really good drugs and lots of friends and family who I am able to convince truthfully that they will be fine without me.

I remember mourning people I truely loved and it is a profound experience.

I would hope the mourning experience for my loved ones would be empty of regrets and full of the memories of joy and the odd sting that you feel when you KNOW you will never again look upon that face ever again.

Its as if the reality of just how important they were to your life is truely settled in.

Loss is a profound part of life and it makes the shared momments much more impactful.

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M]Kool & The Gang - Celebration - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back