How do you want that cooked....

Skull Pilot

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2007
Dry, shoe leather or brick.

Well here we go folks. The nanny staters have made it illegal to order a rare or medium rare burger.

Rare, Red Burgers on the Black Market

Listen up libbies. It's none of your fucking business if i want to eat a bloody hamburger. You can eat a dried up hunk of meat if you want and I won't say a word

20080919-rare-classicinnards.jpg

Damn, that looks PERFECT.

I like my burgers "still walkin".

We went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner the other night. They do burgers, steaks, some chicken. The waitress asked my son how he wanted his burger. He said medium rare. Her head whipped around, her eyes got buggy and she was all 'RARE???'. Cripes, you would have thought that he asked for it raw.

If I order something rare and they won't accommodate me, I'll walk. The government needs to butt the hell out of . . . well, nearly most everything.

The burger in the OP? Cooked to perfection. :eusa_drool:

Hamburger is one of the meats that I don't order rare. Now steak or sushi I do every time. You never know what was ground into the hamburger meat & it is porous like a sponge where bacteria can grow all through the meat. On steak it can only grow on the surface & the surface heat will take care of that. Sushi also is fresh cut & has not had any exposed surface to grow bacteria.

Hamburger is one of the meats that I don't order rare. Now steak or sushi I do every time. You never know what was ground into the hamburger meat & it is porous like a sponge where bacteria can grow all through the meat. On steak it can only grow on the surface & the surface heat will take care of that. Sushi also is fresh cut & has not had any exposed surface to grow bacteria.

Your choice.

I've been eating rare hamburgers for 30 years and never once got sick.

Don't get you panties all in a bunch, Skull.

....if North Carolina adopts the national Food Code put forth by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Under the code, restaurants are allowed to serve rare hamburgers as long as they are accompanied by a footnote warning consumers that undercooked meat can potentially be dangerous.

I'm with you entirely, I like bloody steak but not mince.
On the other hand, if someone wants red mince...they should be able to have it if someone is prepared to supply it.

....if North Carolina adopts the national Food Code put forth by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Under the code, restaurants are allowed to serve rare hamburgers as long as they are accompanied by a footnote warning consumers that undercooked meat can potentially be dangerous.

Have you tried to order a rare burger lately?

It's almost impossible to get even a medium rare. I know of exactly one place around me that will actually cook a burger the way I want.

My new question for waitresses is, "Do you cook your burgers the way you like them or the way I like them?"

I love rare hamburger...but I don't cook it rare unless I know where it came from...as in I personally know the cow and whomever ground it up.

3 words...Mad Cow Disease. Doesn't show up for 30 years. Turns your brain to jello.

It's almost impossible to get even a medium rare. I know of exactly one place around me that will actually cook a burger the way I want.

My new question for waitresses is, "Do you cook your burgers the way you like them or the way I like them?"

I guess it is not much more risky than ordering raw veggies or salad. Of course most of the veggies are irradiated now days.

They should let you sign a waver saying that you will not hold them responsible for serving them undercooked hamburgers. I guess the way the government, insurance & the restaurant looks at it is they usually have to pay when someone gets poisoned.

I guess it is not much more risky than ordering raw veggies or salad. Of course most of the veggies are irradiated now days.

They should let you sign a waver saying that you will not hold them responsible for serving them undercooked hamburgers. I guess the way the government, insurance & the restaurant looks at it is they usually have to pay when someone gets poisoned.

Can't get mad cow disease from raw veggies. You just get serious gut trouble.

Most restaurants I have gone to have a disclaimer on the menu that says undercooked food can cause food borne illness.

Forum List

Back