How do you view your government?

I take a _____________ approach to our governenment

• appathetic (can't change it why try)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • hostile (angry with our government)

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • content (happy with the way our government opperates)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • active (work within the system to change it)

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Hostile / active

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Hostile / appathetic

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • other

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

spectrumc01

I give you....the TRUTH
Feb 9, 2011
The United States
Kind of curious to see where people stand, and what they think. I have a tendancy to be hostile towords our government, and believe that they do not have my best intrests in mind or at heart. I believe that our government doesn't want to solve problems or lay important issues to rest. I believe that our government takes an adversarial approach to the people of this country and causes alot of the friction we see today in this country. There is no side in this issue, Republicans and Democrats, both are guilty.

How do you approach or look at our federal government?

Last edited:
Which one, Federal, State or local?

A good observation zzzz, though there is at least one commonality. Money. Money influences elected officials who are the face of government on each level. Each time you hear an elected official say money does not influence him/her, they have lied. I should add that it seems money even influences those not elected, up to an including members of the US Supreme Court.

Our Republic is threatened by special interest money, both in terms of bribes (aka donations) to elected officials and candidates for office, and PAC's, 527's and other soft money used to influence voters on many issues. I am concerned they and the Supreme Court's decision in Citizens United v. FEC are the death knell of our Republic, if in fact we have not already become a plutocracy.

Last edited:
I went with 'hostile(angry)' - though that's not to indicate advocacy of anything violent or illegal - but hostile in the attitude that our government is currently dominated by malevolent forces and it's our duty as citizens to thwart their efforts.

Last edited:
Kind of curious to see where people stand, and what they think. I have a tendancy to be hostile towords our government, and believe that they do not have my best intrests in mind or at heart. I believe that our government doesn't want to solve problems or lay important issues to rest. I believe that our government takes an adversarial approach to the people of this country and causes alot of the friction we see today in this country. There is no side in this issue, Republicans and Democrats, both are guilty.

How do you approach or look at our federal government?

inept idiots thats how i approach them and look at them.

I view our government as exactly what we have made it. I don't fault our politicians or corporations (too much). We've gotten exactly what we wanted, party politics and beating the other guy are more important than choosing honest moral people. It's a direct representation, a cross section, of American culture.

A good observation zzzz, though there is at least one commonality. Money. Money influences elected officials who are the face of government on each level. Each time you hear an elected official say money does not influence him/her, they have lied. I should add that it seems money even influences those not elected, up to an including members of the US Supreme Court.

Our Republic is threatened by special interest money, both in terms of bribes (aka donations) to elected officials and candidates for office, and PAC's, 527's and other soft money used to influence voters on many issues. I am concerned they and the Supreme Court's decision in Citizens United v. FEC are the death knell of our Republic, if in fact we have not already become a plutocracy.

Mostly we're threatened by tics sucking on the government tit. If money corrupts, then millions of Americans are corrupt - every one who gets a check from the government.

Mostly we're threatened by tics sucking on the government tit. If money corrupts, then millions of Americans are corrupt - every one who gets a check from the government.

Not quite. We're threatened by ignorance and apathy. Too many people either don't care, or just don't know.

Forum List

Back