How Do You View The Politics Section On The Board?

What Do You Think of the Political Section on the Board?

• I spend all my time there and love it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
I hear people saying they never go there, and then there's people that only go in there, but what do you think of the political section?

I never really pay much attention to the subforum a thread is in, more the topic and who's posting in it.

When I do notice, a lot of the political threads end up being the same relatively small group of people having the same argument over and over again. Yawn. I find there are a lot more interesting things (to me anyway) going on in other subforums. Law and Justice System or General Discussion seem to be places I hang out a lot, there are probably others.

The ones I really avoid like the plague on this board are the ME "discussions". :cuckoo:

I can only take the political section in small doses. I'll stay out of it for awhile, then go back in, then leave, then go back in. It's just to full of hyper emotion for me to stay there full time. I don't think there's a thread in there that doesn't digress into name calling within six posts, and some are just started out with the name calling right in the thread title.

Meh, I come and go from the Active Topics tab. I chose the thread that catches my interest there. Most of the time it is a political subject that draws me in.

Who the hell views this board by individual forums?

Click the New Posts link and dive in.

I use Active Topics usually. Same thing I guess.

I used Active Topics as well.

Sometimes, when I want to filter out the garbage, I will just go right to the Flame Zone.

Or when I want to get drunk on whine, I'll go to EZ's RepZone

There haven't been enough good whines lately. :(

Those crappy little cardboard whines in a box just don't do it for me anymore. I'm thinking a nice full-bodied whine would be nice right about now. Not too dry, throw in a little fruitiness, and enjoy it with a handful of nuts. Perfection! :clap2:

If the popular, mainstream American and English-speaking online media outlets installed a paywall that blocked free access to their websites, the political forum of USMB would cease to exist.

I poke my head 'round the door now and again, but I hardly ever comment as a I know my contribution will be drowned-out by all the armchair politicians throwing insults at each other.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: 007
If the popular, mainstream American and English-speaking online media outlets installed a paywall that blocked free access to their websites, the political forum of USMB would cease to exist.

I poke my head 'round the door now and again, but I hardly ever comment as a I know my contribution will be drowned-out by all the armchair politicians throwing insults at each other.

Thank you. Someone finally commented on the OP.

I rarely look at which sub forum a thread is in. I just go to active topics and try to find Xotoxi.

I rarely look at which sub forum a thread is in. I just go to active topics and try to find Xotoxi.

xotoxi-albums-pictures-9-picture2006-sign-of-quality.png

I just work from active topics. I have no idea what subforum the topic is in.

I go by cool message titles.

ANd if if a topic is started by particular set of folks, I avoid it. It will just be same old same old insults and nothing going nowhere.

Meh, I come and go from the Active Topics tab. I chose the thread that catches my interest there. Most of the time it is a political subject that draws me in.

Same here.

The political threads are a mixed bag. Some good arguments and informative links, and some cheap one-liners a monkey could type.

The longer the thread, the more stupid posts there will be in it. As a general rule, I think that if it's longer than 100 posts, it's probably degraded to just a handful of people squabbling over semantics or the truthiness of a meaningless fact.

I came here to pwn retarded lefty sheep, so yea, I goes in there lol.

As full of amusing hyper emotion that it is, I still find it enjoyable most the time, live up to my goal.

But yea, there are many fine attempts @ debate made there by me, and others.....usually on the right but not ALWAYS, that do quickly degenerate into name calling after points and facts become too much for said flamers and I'm sorry but I'm definitely puttin THAT more ON THE LEFT.

Last edited:
I came here to pwn retarded lefty sheep, so yea, I goes in there lol.

As full of amusing hyper emotion that it is, I still find it enjoyable most the time, live up to my goal.

But yea, there are many fine attempts @ debate made there by me, and others.....usually on the right but not ALWAYS, that do quickly degenerate into name calling after points and facts become to much for said flamers and I'm sorry but I'm definitely puttin THAT more ON THE LEFT.

Of course, you don't mind when I kick your ass and bounce you off the walls like a tennis ball either, ya friggin masochist !!

I like politics because it is invigorating. You never know when you will be called on to a challenge of your philosophy, or to challenge someone's else's views. It is kind of like living history in the making supported by the past. It is the most important subject of your existence, and it determines who will live and survive, and who will fall and die in real terms. Just look at the ME battlefield if you doubt my words.

I do get bored there at times having handily defeated all my opponents, many of whom choose not to debate my great opinions and rather put me on ignore like their worst nightmare. Only a few can hold their own, and hey, I have been in the thicket since 1995, and I am pretty well scared from my battles. Management hates me as well, and is always trying to screw me over by moving or deleting entire threads where I beat up the rightys and rubbed their noses in the dirt. This site really isn't unbiased or free speech, it is a game show.

I spend all my time there and love it. :clap2:

Last edited:
How Do You View The Politics Section On The Board?

Umm many wingnutz of all varieties there and a few reasonable folks. Overall a pretty good cross section of the insanity that is American politics.

Forum List

Back