How do you view the lottery?

Word of advice: If you stay at CP, and get a room in the towers that has all the statues sitting in alcoves... If one looks off center to you, do NOT assume it's actually brass, and give it a good firm twist.

It's simply plaster and paint, and the heads twist off quite easily. :redface:

How full were ya when ya did that? ... :lol:

Word of advice: If you stay at CP, and get a room in the towers that has all the statues sitting in alcoves... If one looks off center to you, do NOT assume it's actually brass, and give it a good firm twist.

Sadly, I was stone cold sober.

But it was crooked.

Sadly, I was stone cold sober.

But it was crooked.

I'd have probably tried to straighten it myself... damn OCD...
indifferent0025.gif

The lottery is everywhere I go, I never play, never desire to, I see it as a waste of a dollar. I have all I "need" and more. I want for nothing really. I do not want something like millions of dollars to destroy who I am. Like it does many people who are not aware of the downfalls of becoming suddenly rich. I have seen not many people handle becoming rich all of a sudden very well

If I did happen to become rich for some freaked out reason, my one and only desire would be to find a cure for a certain disease

Yup... all the tails of woe about people who win millions on the lottery... well, I'd really like to know what kind of moron these people were PRIOR to them winning the lottery.

You need a plan. You just need to use you head and don't get stupid. Many, many people have won BILLIONS on the lottery, and the success stories far outweigh the disaster stories.

Drop $150,000,000.00 in my bank account and I'll show you another success story, except you won't be able to find me... :D

Most people that play like I spoke of earlier, are not a good guy like you.

A plan indeed. I almost got rich once (although "almost" doesn't really count) buy working hard on my business, but the government helped to destroy that for me, and I gave up, was sick of trying to please government and giving them a big hunk of my money every year

Way back, decades ago, when I was 19, I was three weeks away from marrying this girl who had been in a multiple car crash on an icy bridge, and she was the one that was struck multiple times. She had a broken leg, hip, arm, and needed a lung drain for something too, but she pulled through it all looking just fine. In any case, she sued the multiple people involved for millions and ultimately ended up with 3.7 million dollars. I was also working for her father at the time at the family body shop, which was to given to me as a wedding present. Well, long story short... I had come to see in my relationship with her that she was a spoiled rotten, (only child), little bitch, so I backed out. One of the guys working at the body shop with me was a good friend, and I talked it over with him, and he was quick to point out about all the "MONEY" I'd be missing out on. Well, I was also looking at the prospect of living with this whiny little spoiled bitch for the rest of my life too, and the "money" wasn't worth it. You need to be happy first, and money, for all it CAN do for you, can't necessarily make you HAPPY. That comes from YOURSELF. YOU make yourself happy. So I'd say the people that win millions on the lottery and then find themselves broke and their life in a shambles, they weren't happy or ready for it, and the money just facilitated an implosion. Well, I'm happy and ready for it. I'd have a ball... or two... :D

Last edited:
Just read something profound.... "if you want to win the lottery, put your money in the bank," ... :lol:

Yup.

My sainted Pop used to call the lottery a tax imposed on those who did not do well in math class.

I've heard it called all kinds of a tax, but I don't see it as one. A tax is something everyone is forced to pay, whereas no one is forced to play the lottery.

Everything in moderation, don't do anything that will put you in the poor house. If you can afford to play, and want to, play. If you can't afford to, don't.

My sainted Pop used to call the lottery a tax imposed on those who did not do well in math class.

I've heard it called all kinds of a tax, but I don't see it as one. A tax is something everyone is forced to pay, whereas no one is forced to play the lottery.

Everything in moderation, don't do anything that will put you in the poor house. If you can afford to play, and want to, play. If you can't afford to, don't.
If you do not understand math and statistics, you are apt to play the lottery. the lottery is run by state governments. The state imposes this tax on stupidity.

Forum List

Back