How do you stop illegal guns, stings and police work, who says? Chicago police...

Which is why people choose to carry a concealed weapon at all times and why people lock their doors when they are asleep.

There is real violence in this world you seem to deny that but one day you might have your mind changed the hard way like Dr Petit did.
If you're sitting at home watching TV and you feel the need to be packing, then there is something very seriously wrong with the country you live in, and at the very least, the area that you live in.

Yup Dr Petit thought the same thing. He thought he lived in a "good area". He wasn't armed, he left his doors open and his wife and daughter got raped and burned alive.
It doesn't matter where you live.

People kill people
People have always killed people
People will always kill people

It is a fact as irrefutable as gravity.

Only idiots like you deny it.
I've lived in the same town for about 25 tears and no one has ever been murdered, raped or burnt alive here in that time. it must suck where you live.

Count yourself lucky not immune.

And FYI Cheshire, CT is a very nice area.

Where I live we have had no real crime in the 10 years I have lived here but I am not naive enough to think nothing can ever happen.

You are.
No, I chose to live in a place where I KNOW nothing will happen.

Nothing ever happens until it does and when it does you'll be one of those morons who say "These things just don't happen here"

In 2016 there were 1,248,145 violent crimes that makes the rate of violent crime 386 per 100000.

that's almost 100 times the murder rate. And any one of those violent crimes can turn into a murder whether you believe it or not

If you're sitting at home watching TV and you feel the need to be packing, then there is something very seriously wrong with the country you live in, and at the very least, the area that you live in.

Yup Dr Petit thought the same thing. He thought he lived in a "good area". He wasn't armed, he left his doors open and his wife and daughter got raped and burned alive.

People kill people

I've lived in the same town for about 25 tears and no one has ever been murdered, raped or burnt alive here in that time. it must suck where you live.

Where I live we have had no real crime in the 10 years I have lived here but I am not naive enough to think nothing can ever happen.

You are.

Nothing ever happens until it does and when it does you'll be one of those morons who say "These things just don't happen here"
Naw, won't happen, and I refuse to live like a fraidy cat like you are.

Since guns are sold illegally to felons....you know, the felon knows they can't buy, own or carry guns....background checks don't stop them from getting guns...not even universal background checks.

So how do you catch people selling illegal guns to criminal?......you find a snitch, and use a police sting.

Who says so? The Chicago police....

Chicago Police Know Where Gun Violence Is Coming From, But They Can’t Stop It

Illegal guns get into Chicago through lone dealers, not large trafficking organizations, and that makes any legislative action taken to stop the flow totally impractical, according to Chicago police.

Police researchers say that most illegal guns come from nearby states like Indiana and Iowa after being stolen or resold by their original owners, according to a Tuesday report from the Chicago Sun Times. In this way, the trafficking of firearms is different from the trafficking of illegal substances, which relies heavily on national and even international crime organizations. As a result, the arrest of individual gun dealers does virtually nothing to stop the flow of illegal firearms.

“You are a single salmon swimming upstream at Niagara Falls,” Chicago Police Department spokesman Anthony Guglielmi told the Sun Times. “If your policing strategy is to decrease the number of guns in your city, good luck, because there are too many guns out there. It’s better to go after the person with the gun.”

Police operations to take down these individual gun dealers usually take the form of sting operations and bribing street level offenders for information.

In one case, a police informant convinced a dealer, John Thomas, to broker a gun sale bigger than any he’d sought before. He sold seven guns, all of which were obtained illegally: four handguns, two semi-automatic rifles, and one shotgun. The buyer paid $7,200. “The most money I’ve seen or made,” Thomas said.
How many of the guns at Vegas were illegal?

No.....guns are factually saving lives in the United States....they are used 1,500,000 times a year to stop violent criminals and to save lives...many times stopping mass public shooters as well....

There is nothing you post about guns that is accurate, true, factual or based in reality....

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 16.3 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...
-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Arguing that we need guns to protect us from people with guns is a circular argument.

Wow...the stupid is strong with you....

Yes...I was wrong...when a violent criminal attacks you, a rainbow and unicorns are the most effective method of self defense....
Just curious, where do you live that a violent criminal will attack you and you need to be packing all the time? Sounds like it's time to move.

Only a complete idiot thinks they will never be the victim of a violent crime.

I bet this guy that very same thing once upon a time before his wife and daughter were raped and burned alive that is.

Cheshire, Connecticut, home invasion murders - Wikipedia
No.....guns are factually saving lives in the United States....they are used 1,500,000 times a year to stop violent criminals and to save lives...many times stopping mass public shooters as well....

There is nothing you post about guns that is accurate, true, factual or based in reality....

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 16.3 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...
-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Arguing that we need guns to protect us from people with guns is a circular argument.

Yes...I was wrong...when a violent criminal attacks you, a rainbow and unicorns are the most effective method of self defense....
Just curious, where do you live that a violent criminal will attack you and you need to be packing all the time? Sounds like it's time to move.

I bet this guy that very same thing once upon a time before his wife and daughter were raped and burned alive that is.

Unless your sitting watching TV and you have a gun on you, you might be able to react in time for a home invasion. If your gun is anywhere else but next to you or on you, you're fucked anyways. And not too many sane people sit there watching TV with a gun on them.

We know you are a troll....your posts show it. Americans use guns 1,500,000 times a year to stop violent criminals.....and yes, they stop home invasions, rapes, robberies, and attempted murders and they often do so after the initial attack injures them.....I have posted story after story that show you have no clue what you are talking about...

Since guns are sold illegally to felons....you know, the felon knows they can't buy, own or carry guns....background checks don't stop them from getting guns...not even universal background checks.

So how do you catch people selling illegal guns to criminal?......you find a snitch, and use a police sting.

Who says so? The Chicago police....

Chicago Police Know Where Gun Violence Is Coming From, But They Can’t Stop It

Illegal guns get into Chicago through lone dealers, not large trafficking organizations, and that makes any legislative action taken to stop the flow totally impractical, according to Chicago police.

Police researchers say that most illegal guns come from nearby states like Indiana and Iowa after being stolen or resold by their original owners, according to a Tuesday report from the Chicago Sun Times. In this way, the trafficking of firearms is different from the trafficking of illegal substances, which relies heavily on national and even international crime organizations. As a result, the arrest of individual gun dealers does virtually nothing to stop the flow of illegal firearms.

“You are a single salmon swimming upstream at Niagara Falls,” Chicago Police Department spokesman Anthony Guglielmi told the Sun Times. “If your policing strategy is to decrease the number of guns in your city, good luck, because there are too many guns out there. It’s better to go after the person with the gun.”

Police operations to take down these individual gun dealers usually take the form of sting operations and bribing street level offenders for information.

In one case, a police informant convinced a dealer, John Thomas, to broker a gun sale bigger than any he’d sought before. He sold seven guns, all of which were obtained illegally: four handguns, two semi-automatic rifles, and one shotgun. The buyer paid $7,200. “The most money I’ve seen or made,” Thomas said.
How many of the guns at Vegas were illegal?

At this point we don't know...we just know the 2 he used were legal.....he passed background checks and that means he would pass a universal background check for a private sale....he would also register his guns and he would have had access to 30 round magazines even if they weren't legal...since he was rich......

People kill people

You are.

Naw, won't happen, and I refuse to live like a fraidy cat like you are.

That's the ting I'm not afraid. There's a difference in being aware and prepared and clueless . You are clueless and refuse to believe reality

Unless your sitting watching TV and you have a gun on you, you might be able to react in time for a home invasion. If your gun is anywhere else but next to you or on you, you're fucked anyways. And not too many sane people sit there watching TV with a gun on them.

We know you are a troll....your posts show it. Americans use guns 1,500,000 times a year to stop violent criminals.....and yes, they stop home invasions, rapes, robberies, and attempted murders and they often do so after the initial attack injures them.....I have posted story after story that show you have no clue what you are talking about...
Stay scared, brah.

Stay scared, brah.

Stay clueless.

No, asshole gun nuts like you are the fucking problem. You have a big mouth & nothing in your head to back it up.

Yep, lets make all guns anywhere & any type legal.

That will solve the fucking problem.

You people are dumber than shit & why we got an asshole like Trump as President. My God.

I haven't shot anyone.....how am I the problem...moron. I actually support long prison sentences for violent gun offenders and felons caught with illegal guns....you asswipes just let them back out over and over again...you are the problem....not me and the other supporters of Self Defense....

Yes. People like you is part of this problem. No one said you cannot defend yourself or owning or buying a gun.
Your definition of self defense is owning these massive assault military big guns.

Your only and only solution which I told many many times ——- Is to flood the streets with more of these big guns. Because of your god given rights 2nd amendment. Who don’t give a shit about all these massacres. Just flood these streets with more guns.
You are a moron.

No...my idea of self defense is owning the gun that the law abiding person decides they want or need...since they aren't criminals....and haven't used the gun they want to commit a crime.

No....you know my solutions.....you just hate guns so you go right back to them no matter how often I tell you what the solutions are...

--when someone commits a crime with a gun....30 years in jail.

--when a violent felon is caught with an illegal gun...30 years in jail.

--Then we deal with single teenage girls raising young males and turning them into sociopaths....

We actually care about mass public shootings.....and the biggest solution to that, as actual research shows, is to get rid of gun free zones.....

You see, I am not saying to flood the streets with guns.....shit head......I think normal, law abiding people should have access to any rifle or pistol they deem appropriate for the defense of themselves and their families...

Yeah right like Paddock? That’s what you think MORON. Like what I just said just flood the streets with more guns.
You are part of this problem.

Hey...dumb fuck.....which gun law stopped the Vegas shooter? He passed every federal background check for each fucking gun. If they have registration he would have registered all of those guns.....dumb ass......he would have used 10 round magazines and murdered just as many people.......

You, shit head......have no solution.....you hate guns and those who own them.....you have an irrational fear, considering there are close to 600 million guns in this country, with over 16.3 million people carrying them for self defense......and 2 were used by one guy out of 320 million people to murder 58 people....considering the guy in Nice, France, using a rental truck murdered 89 people and injured over 450....

So, you don't care about the dead...you have an irrational fear of guns......

No there’s no law that will stop Paddock. Shutting up people like you and gun manufacturers that promote these kind of agenda will solve this problem.

I never said I hate guns or pulling your dick to defend yourself.
All you know is flood the streets with more guns. You are part of this problem.

According to you, they all should be legal in which case the cops can't do shit unless they catch the culprit in the act of using a gun.

This is yet another example of your stupid posting.

No...dumb shit......you really need to learn to read.....

Every time a moron like you says something as stupid as that....I post the truth.....

We have all the gun laws we need....

If you commit a crime with a gun, you are arrested.

If you are a felon with a gun, which they can't buy, own or carry, legally, you are arrested.

This post shows that the above statements are backed up by the real world.

The problem.....? Morons like you let the violent gun criminals back out in less than 3 years...where they then go on to commit murder....

you are the problem, not us.....

No, asshole gun nuts like you are the fucking problem. You have a big mouth & nothing in your head to back it up.

You people are dumber than shit & why we got an asshole like Trump as President. My God.

I haven't shot anyone.....how am I the problem...moron. I actually support long prison sentences for violent gun offenders and felons caught with illegal guns....you asswipes just let them back out over and over again...you are the problem....not me and the other supporters of Self Defense....

Yes. People like you is part of this problem. No one said you cannot defend yourself or owning or buying a gun.
Your definition of self defense is owning these massive assault military big guns.

Your only and only solution which I told many many times ——- Is to flood the streets with more of these big guns. Because of your god given rights 2nd amendment. Who don’t give a shit about all these massacres. Just flood these streets with more guns.
You are a moron.

Hey....dumb shit......neither of the guns he used is a military gun....you stupid, dumb ass. They are civilian guns.....also used by the police...

6 mass shootings in 2016....71 dead...... knives kill 1,604 in 2016....rental truck....89 murdered in one event.....

Can you tell the difference in the numbers, dumb ass?

You don't care about the dead...you care about the guns....

Wrong again asshole. I care about the dead that is why I’m blasting your ass.
On the other hand you still promoting your moronic beliefs how you glorify having all these big guns. That shows you don’t care about these massacres. You can bet it will happen again because of stupid Americans like you.

All you care is flood the streets with more guns.

According to you, they all should be legal in which case the cops can't do shit unless they catch the culprit in the act of using a gun.

This is yet another example of your stupid posting.

No...dumb shit......you really need to learn to read.....

Every time a moron like you says something as stupid as that....I post the truth.....

We have all the gun laws we need....

If you commit a crime with a gun, you are arrested.

If you are a felon with a gun, which they can't buy, own or carry, legally, you are arrested.

This post shows that the above statements are backed up by the real world.

The problem.....? Morons like you let the violent gun criminals back out in less than 3 years...where they then go on to commit murder....

you are the problem, not us.....

You are a moron.

58 people murdered in Vegas.....with 2 guns...out of 600 million guns.

89 people murdered in Nice, France....with a rental truck.

Americans use their guns 1,500,000 times a year to stop violent criminal attacks...rapes, robberies, and murders, including some mass public shootings....

Can you tell the difference in those numbers?

Look at this moronic dumb ass.
Two guns out of 600 millions guns murdered 58.
Is that supposed to be acceptable?

Forum List

Back