HOW do YOU SLEEP?

Do you have a bedtime ritual, such as tub soaking or reading? Reading, sometimes
Do you use medication? NO
Do you sleep on your side or back or stomach? Mostly side, sometimes back
Do you snore? No
Dream alot? Yes
Reocurring dreams? Sometimes
Dream in color? Yes Have nightmares or night terrors? No--just strange dreams
Do you get 8 hours? No More, less? Mainly less, sometimes more
How about sleeping alone? I'm single

I have terrible insomnia. So, I don't sleep. I have literally been up for days. And, truly. Some people think I mean that I can only sleep a few hours. I am saying, no there are times when I am awake for days. It really is it's own kind of hell. But, once I realized I am not gonna die, I just learned to live with it.

I have terrible insomnia. So, I don't sleep. I have literally been up for days. And, truly. Some people think I mean that I can only sleep a few hours. I am saying, no there are times when I am awake for days. It really is it's own kind of hell. But, once I realized I am not gonna die, I just learned to live with it.

I am not a doctor, but you should analyze your diet and make sure to get regular exercise.

I too had insomnia, but not as bad as you describe. I eliminated ALL grains, processed foods, and sugar from my diet and found almost instantly I slept better. I now have vivid dreams that I never had when eating that shit. I also have more energy, lost weight, and generally am in much better health.

I also found that when I can't sleep, laying in bed trying to get back to sleep, usually fails. Get up and more around. Read a book and drink tea. Seems to help me.

I have done all that. I have run the gamut. It is what it is. I just deal.

I have done all that. I have run the gamut. It is what it is. I just deal.

Sorry to hear that. I'm sure you know sleep is very important to repair and refresh the human body. Without it, the body likely ages much more quickly, particularly the brain. You need to do more research to find solutions. Don't give up and accept it.

Thank you. I do appreciate your kind words. It has gotten a bit better. I havent' been up for 4 days in quite awhile. I may lay awake for one or two nights now but I just assume that the next night I will sleep enough to get by and then I do.

Thank you. I do appreciate your kind words. It has gotten a bit better. I havent' been up for 4 days in quite awhile. I may lay awake for one or two nights now but I just assume that the next night I will sleep enough to get by and then I do.

Another thing I found is the psychology of insomnia. At times of insomnia, I was "afraid" I would not sleep. This fear would be with me as I laid down to sleep, preventing me from sleeping. I also found that when I slept well, this fear was not on my mind. So it may be all in your head.

Interesting topic since we spend so much time asleep.

I sleep mostly on my left side facing the edge of the bed. I usually keep my feet out from under the covers.
I tend to get about 5-6 hours of sleep but if I wake up any time after 3 AM I am usually done for the night.

My wife is an extremely light sleeper and quite the insomniac. She is a true night owl too. She says she gets her best sleep after I get up.

We tend to stay a little closer physically when we go to bed but tend to sleep apart.

Could be. But, I have tried various things through the years. And, yes the fear of not sleeping is what winds up making your crazy. As I said, I finally just accepted that as my reality and realized there is no point worrying about it. I will either sleep tonight or I won't. And, if I don't, I will just get up and keep going and I will probably sleep a bit the next. The world won't end. So, I think I have kind of worked through the fear or all in my head issues.

I used to be quite the insomniac. I just couldn't contain all the thoughts and ideas and visions that were going through my head.

But then I got to where I don't require a boss anymore or a job where I have to report in at a certain time. I can now work on my own terms, whenever I feel like it, so sometimes I sleep during the day and sometimes at night, and sometimes half and half, or a nap here and nap there. Whenever I feel tired.

Forum List

Back