How do you run a consumer economy?

Discussion in 'Economy' started by anotherlife, Sep 18, 2016.

1. anotherlife

anotherlife Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,112
    The USA is classified a consumer economy, and is run by extending credit lines. This means that birth dates, social security numbers, and address changes are kept on national file, and all your transactions recorded in it.

But your social security number, birth date, and address is also there in the files of every tax preparation service, both in the US and in China. Plus there are a million services all over the US that do this and so leaks are everywhere.

How does this system work? Your social security number and birth date / address are traded worldwide and X number of people use it to get credit extensions with it simultaneously, daily.

How is it decided who pays the finance charges for those credit extensions? How is it decided which version of you should pay how much? I don't understand any of this. How does this consumer society work?

2. The Great Goose

The Great Goose Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,894
    Well that sounds very complex. I had no idea I was being used as capital.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. anotherlife

anotherlife Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,112
    This is so puzzling. It appears that lenders who write laws consider people as capital commodities for trade. It is a mystery how people as traded numbers can be used for making money.

4. The Great Goose

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,894
    c*nts who think in such abstract gobbldygook are unfathomable. It's disgusting that such non-productive traits should be at the top of the food chain.

5. NCC1701

NCC1701 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,003
    why do you sit around and make shit up? you would be much better served by trying to learn reality

6. The Great Goose

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,894
    He's delving deep. He actually wants to learn. I'm sure there is many reputable books on how a consumer economy is propped up.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Ozone

Ozone Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,424
    it's called debt-slavery and it's the oldest form of slavery in the world. it was invented the next day after prostitution, the money lender is the world's 2nd oldest profession.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  8. Jomama

Jomama VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +139
    WHAT? What database is that? I bought gas this morning, what federal agency is keeping record of that transaction for it's records? Yes, NSA of course, but you're suggesting a commerce agency is keeping this information?

WHAT? Are you talking about credit fraud? That's illegal.

I think the alcohol really kicked in by the second half of your post. Makes no sense to me.

9. Supposn

Supposn VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +100
    http://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/consumer-economy
    “consumer economy (noun): An economic system that depends on people buying a lot of goods and services rather than on production”.

AnotherLife, USA does have many public records. Credit lines are private enterprises individual determinations. There is much exchange of information within the world and certainly no less so within the USA. Many enterprises sell portions of their accumulated lists and data or they rent the use of their information

All of this better facilitates a consumer economy but does not define a consumer economy.

You’re making comments and posing questions regarding individual actions and transactions relative to USA’s entire economy?

Respectfully, Supposn

10. anotherlife

anotherlife Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,112
    No, I am talking about all transactions that are related to credit. E.g. car, house, store card, and so on. And I don't understand what you mean by illegal. Law enforcement has no resources to handle it.