How do you propose that we reduce the number of abortions in our country?

I was hoping we can find common ground. We all want to reduce or eliminate the need for abortions in the first place.

What!

She expounds and uses lots of words to give my answer, which I gave first by the way and you give her thumbs up, but I hardly get noticed! Are you playing favoritism here?

:lol:

Immie

Gee Immie. A one word answer and an essay. I favored the essay I admit it. But I praise you unabashed request for acknowledgment that you expressed the same sentiment as EZ. Bravo

Actually, I liked EZ's essay more myself, but I couldn't resist teasing you.

Immie

What!

She expounds and uses lots of words to give my answer, which I gave first by the way and you give her thumbs up, but I hardly get noticed! Are you playing favoritism here?

:lol:

Immie

Gee Immie. A one word answer and an essay. I favored the essay I admit it. But I praise you unabashed request for acknowledgment that you expressed the same sentiment as EZ. Bravo

Actually, I liked EZ's essay more myself, but I couldn't resist teasing you.

Immie

How naughty of you!

How do you propose that we reduce the number of abortions in our country?

You just have to join islam, they stone you to death for sex outside of marriage. They don't kill the fetus, they kill the mother.
Plus, they don't even have the medical tools to do an abortion in most of the places. Not even any coat hangers either.

Last edited:
Teach the Gospel with power and authority from God to the point where no one can disbelieve. Obviously, it hasnt happened yet. But I know from personal experience that actually living the Gospel can keep you from needing abortion.

Raising your kids to care about people in as meaningful way,
That would mean talking to them about your values , teaching them skills and no video games and limited TV.

Teach the Gospel with power and authority from God to the point where no one can disbelieve. Obviously, it hasnt happened yet. But I know from personal experience that actually living the Gospel can keep you from needing abortion.

It's not the Gospel, its having a spiritual path. Christianity may be a dominant religion but its not the only one on earth or the only one that helps people make wise decisions.

It's not the Gospel, its having a spiritual path. Christianity may be a dominant religion but its not the only one on earth or the only one that helps people make wise decisions.

Says who? ;)

Immie

I'm pretty sure the Bible isn't an effective contraceptive...well, maybe if reading it kills your hard-on?

This country already has safe, effective and free contraception available to anyone who wants it. And abortion rates continue to climb.

Next.

Why does anyone care what other people do? Your life so sad that you have to worry about what others do?

Why does anyone care what other people do? Your life so sad that you have to worry about what others do?

Yeah! Why should any of us care if some other person is drugging his dates to sell them into prostitution overseas?

Why should any of us care if our neighbor is kidnapping kids off the street to rape them in the privacy of his own basement, and then cooking them for dinner?

Yeah! Why should any of us care if some other person is drugging his dates to sell them into prostitution overseas?

Why should any of us care if our neighbor is kidnapping kids off the street to rape them in the privacy of his own basement, and then cooking them for dinner?

1 because he is KIDNAPPING
someone else's kids

2 because he is raping them

3 because he is killing them and eating them for dinner

in each one of your scenarios, there is a born person who is being harmed by another person with no attachment to them.

SOME people believe that an unborn child in its earliest stage does not have the same value as a child that has been born and taken its first breath.

Others believe that from the second of conception, the unborn child has the equal worth under the law as the born child.

Others believe that this takes place upon pregnancy, when the fertilized egg is attached to the uterine wall and begins rapidly multiplying because many fertilized eggs end up being flushed and not attaching to the uterus.

And others believe the fetus has no worth until it is born.

Some others believe the fertilized egg as no worth until the woman makes it through the first month of pregnancy, because many spontaneous natural abortions occur at that time when the body rejects most embryos that are damaged...

UNLESS everyone is forced to get on to the same page with this, there will never be any kind of peace regarding this issue because there are so many different views for so many different, individual reasons.

1 because he is KIDNAPPING
someone else's kids

2 because he is raping them

3 because he is killing them and eating them for dinner

in each one of your scenarios, there is a born person who is being harmed by another person with no attachment to them.

SOME people believe that an unborn child in its earliest stage does not have the same value as a child that has been born and taken its first breath.

Others believe that from the second of conception, the unborn child has the equal worth under the law as the born child.

Others believe that this takes place upon pregnancy, when the fertilized egg is attached to the uterine wall and begins rapidly multiplying because many fertilized eggs end up being flushed and not attaching to the uterus.

And others believe the fetus has no worth until it is born.

Some others believe the fertilized egg as no worth until the woman makes it through the first month of pregnancy, because many spontaneous natural abortions occur at that time when the body rejects most embryos that are damaged...

UNLESS everyone is forced to get on to the same page with this, there will never be any kind of peace regarding this issue because there are so many different views for so many different, individual reasons.

It is indeed because he is doing his criminal actions to another member of our society (one of many victims each time it is done), that we have a right to "care" about what somebody else is doing.

We may disagree that a fetus is a human being and a member of society. But for those who do believe that a fetus or zygote is a human being, then their belief that such a human being has basic RIGHTS is entirely understandable. And that's why they have perfectly legitimate right to care about somebody else having an abortion (especially for the sake of mere "convenience").

SOME people believe that an unborn child in its earliest stage does not have the same value

no so long ago, pepil sed that bout blax and wimmin, too :eusa_whistle:

SOME people believe that an unborn child in its earliest stage does not have the same value

no so long ago, pepil sed that bout blax and wimmin, too :eusa_whistle:

Actually it has gone on for women the past 5000 or more years....what took you guys sooooooo long to give up your kingships and admit that women were equal to men?

Shoot, black men had the right to vote in the USA BEFORE women DID.....?

Hmmmm.....This is probably the underlying reason why MOST WOMEN do not trust men lawmakers...making ANY of their own personal choices for them...?

sky,

maybe this will help some day?

Birth control for men in one injection

Chinese scientists succeed with testosterone jab trial on 1,000 volunteers

By Jerome Taylor

Tuesday, 5 May 2009

Scientists believe they are one step closer to developing an effective male contraceptive jab after successfully carrying out the largest feasibility study to date.

Researchers at the National Research for Family Planning in Beijing injected 1,000 healthy, fertile male patients with a testosterone-based jab over a two-year period and found only 1 per cent went on to father a child. The men were all aged between 20 and 45 and had fathered at least one child in the two years before the testing began. They were also all involved with healthy female partners between the ages of 18 and 38 who had no reproductive problems of their own.

The trial was the largest effectiveness study of a testosterone-based male contraceptive ever undertaken. At the end of the two-year period only one in 100 men had fathered a child. No contraception is 100 per cent effective – 1 to 2 per cent of women still become pregnant while they are on the Pill – but the jab's success rate puts it on a par with the effectiveness of the female Pill or injections.

Dr Yi-Qun Gu, one of the researchers involved in the testing, said: "For couples who cannot or prefer not to use only female-oriented contraception, options have been limited to vasectomy, condom and withdrawal. Our study shows a male hormonal contraceptive regimen may be a potential, novel and workable alternative."

When the contraceptive Pill was introduced in the 1960s it revolutionised sex lives but also placed the onus of reproductive responsibility on women. Scientists have been looking to try to find a suitable alternative for men but have struggled to control male hormones with the same level of efficiency. Previous attempts to develop an effective and convenient male contraceptive have encountered problems over reliability and side-effects, such as mood swings and a lowered sex drive.

Like the female Pill, most testing for a male pill or injection has centred on using hormones to stop the production of key elements of the reproductive process. For the testing in China, a country which has invested heavily in reproductive technology because of its overpopulation problems, the men were given 500mg of testosterone undecanoate (TU) in tea seed oil. The injections resulted in a reduction of two regulatory brain chemicals, follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinising hormone (LH) which in turn disrupted sperm production.

The scientists claim that there were none of the usual side-effects and say the process is reversible. Six months after coming off the injections, the men's sperm count had returned to healthy levels. Dr Gu said further testing would be needed to check how safe testosterone injections are.

Family planning campaigners have welcomed the news and said they hoped an injection would result in men taking a greater level of responsibility over contraception.
Birth control for men in one injection - Science, News - The Independent

I'm pretty sure the Bible isn't an effective contraceptive...well, maybe if reading it kills your hard-on?

But it defintiely CAN be.

All one need do is convince women to keep one clamped between their knees and the Bible can be even more effective than the pill at prventing pregnancy.

Forum List

Back