How Do You Predict The Coming Elections Will Turn Out?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    While I had changed my mind about the probable change in the House prior to the Foley matter, now I think the Dems will win the governorships, the House and probably the Senate. What that will portend over the next two years will play out over time.

I don't think all polls can be that wrong, though many could flip:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/latestpolls/

2. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,154
    I still think the Republicans will gain seats in both houses. I couldnt care less about the governorships other than mine. However, I also know its unlikely we will regain that one so i dont really care.

Yeah Foley crap is stupid and bad, but i dont think people are going to be going into the voting both thinking "oh i cant believe that corrupt Congressman from Florida said bad things to those young adults" I think people are going to be in there voting on the issues. And Republicans win on the issues everytime.

I also dont even think we are going to lose Foley's seat. (hence why I always said the leadership has no motivation to cover up Foley, the seat was never in danger).

I also know we have a good chance to pick up a senate seat in New Jersey. And I think the Florida Senate race could be a surprise upset.

I think if Murtha keeps opening his mouth we can have that seat too. we have alot to defend but i think we can do it.

But the Democrats are acting as though its already over and they won. So i cant imagine how they are going to react when they lose. And trust me they are going to lose.

3. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    I think it all depends how the GOP gets their base out to vote. We shall see soon enough.

4. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    At the University of California, I do not meet many conservatives. My perception of the student population is that the depth of animosity toward Bush has deepened. At this point it’s visceral, and people are not interested in debating the facts. The atmosphere reminds me of that self-possessed, I’m-on-TV, hyperbolic, YouTube fiasco at Columbia, where the protesters shouted down the Minutemen while waving at the cameramen. But then Berkeley (where I am until December) has always seemed like that, even when the rest of the nation is calm. San Francisco is the Pluto of America’s political solar system. Talk radio in SF is like listening to Isvestya. Sorry for the digression. Republicans? If the elections were held tomorrow, I think they’d lose the House and barely retain the Senate. But hey, it’s early, there’s three weeks to go. America is bound to lose attention eight more times between now and then. The Governator looks like he might barely skate by; which underlines just how wasted is his Democrat challenger. Angelides creeps people out. He is a disturbing ganglion on the forehead of California. Do I care if the Republicans lose the House? More than if they lose the Senate. In the past, I have found a few positive reasons to vote for Republicans. Not this year. The Repubs have done a spectacularly poor job on issues such as immigration, energy, deficit spending, and others. The only reason that I will vote for these incompetent elephants is that the alternative is startlingly worse. Solve our energy problems by drilling in Alaska? Right. Hey Hastert, throw another shot glass of water on that forest fire. But Nancy Pelosi? She makes Prozac seem like kool-aid. The kool-aid.

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I think both you and Bonnie are right in different ways. Much does depend on voter turn out. I always think the democratic base seems so angry, they will, but they never do. Hopefully that will happen again.

Three weeks is forever in politics. ;)

6. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    One reason to vote for your lousy local Republican boy-diddler:

Immigration.

If Dems win, we can say hello to Jorge Bush's amnesty plan. The Republicans were just barely holding out against it.

7. Redhots

Redhots Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Diebold in a landslide. :terror:

8. Redhots

Redhots Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36
    I think Ohio is going to go blue though.

Noe + Abramoff + Foley + Bush = too much.

9. trobinett

trobinett Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +162
    Never been good at predictions, but I'll bite.:cool:

The Dem's will gain in the House, really a "non-issue", IMHO.

At the worst, the Dem's gain 1, maybe 2 seats in the Senate, but I really see the Republicans gaining in the Senate.

I've never really followed the races in other States that much, but I don't see the National issues bleeding over into the local elections except maybe on the East, and West Coast.:piss2:

Over all, kind of a "non-event".

Oh, Asa Hutchinson will win the Governorship in Arkansas.:rock:

10. Rico

Rico Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +38
    The enemies of man (dems) will win the House and it's close in the Senate. The American people will get the gov't. they abhore. Increased taxes. Oh yeah. Cut and run nat'l security; you bet. Gay marriage-- A#1. Wow. Al Queda gets to win at the ballot box. Speaker Pelosi. Perhaps the Second Civil War is even closer than I thought.