how do you plan to spend friday?

I'm going to wedding as a groomsman in the early afternoon. Then I'll be driving down through the nite to Washington D.C. to join the 9/12 anti-government idiocracy protestors if I dont get too drunk at the reception.

EDIT: I just thought about a PM I sent you a few weeks ago :lol:

EDIT2: As far as 9/11 rememberance goes we usually gather as a family to celebrate the life of our friends/relatives who died that day, but the other side of my large family are all getting together for a wedding this time so I'm not sure how that is going to go.

Last edited:
it was a beautiful day here....i was outside painting....painting the ends of lumber so the boards would not check....my husband called....told me a plane has just hit the wtc...i was going on about how the hell did that happen...you can see the damn things forever....when he quietly told me it was an attack and to go inside and turn on the tv....the rest of the day is pretty much a blurr....i just remember the horror the people jumping..hand in hand to escape the fire...the puffs of concerete as the buildings begin to fall...i called my son...it was a day of just wanting to know everyone was okay...we went to give blood and were turned away...the lines were already hours....

we had no idea how much this would day would change this country.

I work half a day on Friday, so I suppose this Friday won't be any different. After work I'm going to shoe my horses then get things ready for a barbecue out at the back lake Saturday.

Going to work, as normal. Those who matter the most to me know they matter. Every day.

it was a beautiful day here....i was outside painting....painting the ends of lumber so the boards would not check....my husband called....told me a plane has just hit the wtc...i was going on about how the hell did that happen...you can see the damn things forever....when he quietly told me it was an attack and to go inside and turn on the tv....the rest of the day is pretty much a blurr....i just remember the horror the people jumping..hand in hand to escape the fire...the puffs of concerete as the buildings begin to fall...i called my son...it was a day of just wanting to know everyone was okay...we went to give blood and were turned away...the lines were already hours....

I remember the day very clearly. I woke up late at about 9pm and had to work from 1-10 pm that night.

I did my morning routine then was in a political chatroom making fun of Gary Condit of Chandra Levy(9/11 saved his ass). Then all of a sudden the room blew up with "TURN ON THE NEWS THERE WAS A BAD ACCIDENT"

We were all discussing the accident, some of us said (me included) "i dont think it could be an accident, i dunno what happened" then BAM the second plane hit....then i knew.

My first repsonse after the 2nd plane was "Saddam Finally did it, he got us back!!!!" Yeah yeah i was wrong but it was my first instinct. Then i stayed glued to the news till 1230 when i had to leave for work.

The store I ran at the time stayed open but NO ONE was out shopping.

I remember a few guys came in and were buying up the socks, flashlights, batteries, and some other stuff....i asked what they were buying it for and they said they were firefighters on their way to NY to help. I took out a store purchase slip and made the big box retail chain buy the stuff for them...basically making it a donation from the store.

The next day at work the store manager threatened my job over it as it was about 200 bucks worth of stuff.....then 2 hours later the regional President showed up at the store to commend me for making the donation and instituted donating to the 9/11 recovery as regional policy for the entire chain.

NOw i feel weird inside remembering all this...im gonna go work

I'll never forget either... :cool:

I know a few people who died that day, so I will definitely say some prayers and reflect in my own small way. Hmmm...Maybe I'll have a bon fire since it's a Friday night. :eusa_think:

It's eery around here lately. The lights have been in the sky at night since the weekend... although they're not nearly as bright as they will be on Friday night. I hate this time of year. Honestly, I do.

I will try not to watch any video images of the planes hitting or the buildings falling.

I don't need to watch video to see the images.

By watching as little of the replays as possible and not posting anything about the attacks. There will be nothing new about either, and eight years of reliving the nightmare is enough.

Edit: I take that back. I think they should stop fiddling around with some kind of redesign of the WTC, leave it as Ground Zero, and let the Tower of Lights say it all.

1034414454015111327IMlCLC

Last edited:

By watching as little of the replays as possible and not posting anything about the attacks. There will be nothing new about either, and eight years of reliving the nightmare is enough.

Edit: I take that back. I think they should stop fiddling around with some kind of redesign of the WTC, leave it as Ground Zero, and let the Tower of Lights say it all.

1034414454015111327IMlCLC

Let's try this again (although there are hundreds of shots on the Internet):

]Webshots Outdated Link

"I'm going to hug everybody just a little bit longer."

Amen! And a little bit harder!

That day will forever be etched in my brain. We were living at my husbands home in Long Island. I was at home recuping from my second back surgery in one month. The light of my life did something he NEVER does. Called in sick. I was sitting on the coffee table watching in shock as he came in the door from getting the paper. I told him "JUST LOOK!" I immediately grabbed the phone because I knew my mother in NC had heard and it took literally two hours to get a clear line out. She was telling me, with her boss man in the back ground, to get off the island. I had to sit silently listening to her cry in her worry for me and my husband only to tell her that we couldn't leave the island. They had shut down all the bridges and roads out of the city. We then went to my sis in laws house, whose husband was a NYC Police Detective on duty that day to stay with her until he came home. Thankfully he did come home! It was then we made the decision to leave the island as soon as we could. I never want to be in the position again that my family can't leave an area because of something like this. My brother in law retired from the NYC Police force shortly after that and I'm sure we'll talk to him on Friday. It's a hard day for him. He lost many many "brothers" that day.

i am going to go about my business as usual but take the time at some point to think about the events of that day but it wont be much different from any other day as 9/11 pops into my head every few days any way, i was in lower Manhattan that day and was close to the wtc when the second plane hit and a few blocks away when the first tower fell and i had to run from the dust clouds, that day is always close in my mind.

I am suppose to go to a college graduation for my friend, I am sure they will do something in memorial there. The only event I have heard around here is dedicating a statue in Couer D Alene in memory of the people who died on 9/11.
They might have something at the park downtown but not sure.

"I'm going to hug everybody just a little bit longer."

Amen! And a little bit harder!

That day will forever be etched in my brain. We were living at my husbands home in Long Island. I was at home recuping from my second back surgery in one month. The light of my life did something he NEVER does. Called in sick. I was sitting on the coffee table watching in shock as he came in the door from getting the paper. I told him "JUST LOOK!" I immediately grabbed the phone because I knew my mother in NC had heard and it took literally two hours to get a clear line out. She was telling me, with her boss man in the back ground, to get off the island. I had to sit silently listening to her cry in her worry for me and my husband only to tell her that we couldn't leave the island. They had shut down all the bridges and roads out of the city. We then went to my sis in laws house, whose husband was a NYC Police Detective on duty that day to stay with her until he came home. Thankfully he did come home! It was then we made the decision to leave the island as soon as we could. I never want to be in the position again that my family can't leave an area because of something like this. My brother in law retired from the NYC Police force shortly after that and I'm sure we'll talk to him on Friday. It's a hard day for him. He lost many many "brothers" that day.

Your husband called in sick? Was he supposed to be working at WTC?

I'll be working probably about first break I'll say a brief parayer for the families of those slain.

Forum List

Back