How do you pick up chicks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't.

If it is going to happen, it will happen. Be yourself. Don't put on an act. Do and say what you would normally do and say. You talk, laugh, share a glance, find out you have things in common, feel an "electricity" and the rest will follow suit.

If you are yourself, then she will "fall" for the rest you - not someone who is only there because you decided to be on your best behaviour and try to impress her with a fancy line, your wallet, or .... whatever.

All these contrived pick up lines, etc..are exactly that: contrived.

Things that happen naturally - be it romance, friendship, or anything else two people share are best left to fate, spontanaety, and life.

Said1 said:
I care way less about your personal life than you do mine. But people can say anything on the internet, right?

I've seen your picture, windbag. I'd say it's fairly accurate.

it's nice when one is losing a argument they pull out the so-called insults...ain't gonna happen...insult away Princess of the night...hurry now time is running out to hit me... until tomorrow! LOL

archangel said:
it's nice when one is losing a argument they pull out the so-called insults...ain't gonna happen...insult away Princess of the night...hurry now time is running out to hit me... until tomorrow! LOL

What argument?

Go ahead, pretend you're not here, as usual. Shit-for-brains.

Said1 said:
What argument?

Go ahead, pretend you're not here, as usual. Shit-for-brains.

but will sign off in a few...hit a nerve eh...your not so photogenic either? Then again ya love to attempt to intimidate others...what I said about myself over the year or so in this board is true...what say you...I have nothing to hide! And you ask questions then rebuff when ya get a answer you don't like!
Hey it was fun and all...but you have a way about you that is for the most part a little Phoney...no? oh yeah,were you referring to the pics of me and the horses,boat and kids? They were accurate pics...but how do they relate to your homo pics and the old dude with the bow tie you chose to post as a so called joke? ...they were family pics only...sorta kinda like a friend sending another possible friend pics...nothing more! So ya have lost me as a potential friend.... :baby:

rtwngAvngr said:
THis is bad advice. WOmen respond to pursuit, of course not in desperation, but from a position of power.

http://www.takeninhand.com/node/92

this site may piss alot of women off, but check it out, and be honest about what you really want.
I couldn't get to this site, but I googled "taken in hand."

All I can say is... there's a fine line between leadership and domination. A woman may accept the leadership of a man, but no healthy woman wants to be dominated.

mom4 said:

All I can say is... there's a fine line between leadership and domination. A woman may accept the leadership of a man, but no healthy woman wants to be dominated.

that just about sums it up!

mom4 said:

Domination is just a way of tricking yourself into thinking you've found the "right one." The "right one" won't require domination to get what you want and need from them.

archangel said:
but will sign off in a few...hit a nerve eh...your not so photogenic either? Then again ya love to attempt to intimidate others...what I said about myself over the year or so in this board is true...what say you...I have nothing to hide! And you ask questions then rebuff when ya get a answer you don't like!
Hey it was fun and all...but you have a way about you that is for the most part a little Phoney...no? oh yeah,were you referring to the pics of me and the horses,boat and kids? They were accurate pics...but how do they relate to your homo pics you chose to post as a so called joke? ...they were family pics only...sorta kinda like a friend sending another possible friend pics...nothing more! So ya have lost me as a potential friend.... :baby:

Rebuff, kinda like looking in the mirror isn't it? Obviously hit a nerve with you.

Anyway, other than ONE question today, I can't recall asking you anything. However, you have avoided others questions to you. Many times. Who's the phoney?

I could care less if you think I'm photogenic or not, I make no claims of being hot. I never saw a photo of you and the kids and boat - just you and a plane. However, I stand by my opinion of the photo.

As far as a potential friend, I could give a shit. The fact that you even say that makes me laugh. You're an asshole, with filth and scum oozing out of almost everything you post.

Bu-bye.

The ClayTaurus said:
Domination is just a way of tricking yourself into thinking you've found the "right one." The "right one" won't require domination to get what you want and need from then.
I agree. I'm old-fashioned, and my dad was a "man's man." But he knew how to treat a woman gently.

I would hazard a guess that most(?) women like a strong man who isn't afraid to take certain risks or to assert himself. But, his wife is the one person in his life with whom a man should be able to put aside competition. A love relationship should be all about giving, on both sides. (Healthy) women who are attracted to strong or assertive men are attracted to the protection they may be able to give. A woman who wants to have her will constantly overruled has problems.

Said1 said:
Rebuff, kinda like looking in the mirror isn't it? Obviously hit a nerve with you.

Anyway, other than ONE question today, I can't recall asking you anything. However, you have avoided others questions to you. Many times. Who's the phoney?

I could care less if you think I'm photogenic or not, I make no claims of being hot. I never saw a photo of you and the kids and boat - just you and a plane. However, I stand by my opinion of the photo.

As far as a potential friend, I could give a shit. The fact that you even say that makes me laugh. You're an asshole, with filth and scum oozing out of almost everything you post.

Bu-bye.

I bid you adu...now if you will only refrain from posting any further comments on my posts which are not directed at you...which seems to be the case with you if I am having a conversation with others here you come with the "filth and scum" not me...so go away... not mad... just go away! Bye Bye!

Semper Fi said:
Other than that, the question stays the same. What exactly do I say/do? No cheesy pick-up lines, so I just go up and say, 'hey, Im Nick, you're hot" or what?

Getting the conversation started is probably the hardest thing about meeting women, or dating in general as far as I'm concerned.

Most pick up lines are stupid, but there is one I liked that I refer to as a conversation starter. Only works in a bar, but it's, "Can I buy you a drink so I'll start to look better?" It's a little self deprecating, let's her know you aren't taking things too seriously, and it gets the conversation started.

I've found that I've had the most success not trying. An opprotunity rises to talk to someone, I talk to her, and it goes from there. My most recent relationship was with a waitress. She came to the table and asked, "What can I get you darlin'?" In my best Irish accent (which isn't bad since I'm part Irish) I said, "Ah, you almost sounded Irish when you said that darlin'." Turns out she was part Irish, which lead to how we were both part Irish... and it went from there. Dated her for about 8 months and we're still good friends today.

Other than that, I can just echo what others have said. Be yourself, be respectful, and maybe more important than anything, actually listen to what she says. Instead of "picking up girls", try meeting new people. The fact that they are of the opposite gender and it could lead to dating is secondary.

archangel said:
I bid you adu...now if you will only refrain from posting any further comments on my posts which are not directed at you...which seems to be the case with you if I am having a conversation with others here you come with the "filth and scum" not me...so go away... not mad... just go away! Bye Bye!

Tick-tock.

mom4 said:

Read what the ladies say. THey love it.

archangel said:
being quite and polite and waiting for the girl to show interest is a headgame?
Well it works for me...but then again I am not attracted to girls like you with a smart mouth and hostile attitude...

You can not possibly even begin to imagine how happy I am to hear that.

And, for the record, you didn't say shit about waiting.. You said don't ever make the first move - wait for her... That's nothing more than a head game...

Smart mouth, and hostile? That's "conceited bitch" to you, thanks.

Shattered said:
You can not possibly even begin to imagine how happy I am to hear that.

And, for the record, you didn't say shit about waiting.. You said don't ever make the first move - wait for her... That's nothing more than a head game...

Smart mouth, and hostile? That's "conceited bitch" to you, thanks.

and where pray tell did I say "don't ever"...you young lady have such a axe to grind with me that you see things that aren't there! :read:

archangel said:
and where pray tell did I say "don't ever"...you young lady have such a axe to grind with me that you see things that aren't there! :read:
archangel said:
...never approach or hit on a girl unless she has caught your attention by showing interest in you first...
...yeah

archangel said:
While technically correct, those that are above a 5th grade level in reading could imply:
they have the upper hand never approach or hit on a girl unless she has caught your attention by showing interest in you first...just be yourself and let girls do what girls do...and there is nothing wrong with being single and un-attached...anything less will give a guy migrains!

Page 2. Your first post on the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back