How do you pick up chicks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hobbit said:
I stumbled upon some of the best ways to do it by accident. Treat the girl like you would one of your friends. Don't suck up to her. In fact, act like you just want somebody to talk to rather than a date, though maybe show a little intrest in the latter. If she starts the dating game, seduction game, etc., call her on it, and never answer the "date interview" questions seriously (if she asks what you drive, just say "a beige Yugo" with a straight face). Try not to put yourself down, even as a joke, either.

To sum up:
1. Be Confident
2. Be Yourself
3. Be Funny
and above all, do NOT act like you're desperately trying to impress.

This approach has two advantages. The first and foremost is that if you're just acting like you always do when you're around her, you don't have the pressure of pretending, because she likes you for who you really are, rather than some facade you put on. The second advantage is the forbidden fruit aspect. Desirable women are used to holding men in the palms of their hands. If you keep trying to impress them, you're just like everybody else. If you communicate (remember Hitch, 90% of what you say has nothing to do with the words themselves) that it won't bother you if she doesn't like you, she'll wonder why and try to get you to like her enough that it would bother you if she didn't like you. It plays to the old adage that you'll like something more if you have to work for it. Women who can "get any guy they want" will be puzzled with and will often pursue the one they can't just get by batting their eyelashes.

Now, how did I, a womanless, nerdly loser, stumble upon this? A friend of mine was moving away from the area and his going away party was at a night club. I don't normally frequent night clubs, but this one had a "no smoking" policy and didn't seem to focus its decor on sex, so I figured I'd humor my friend and attend. I was the only guy in the group with no girlfriend, and when the others went over to the dance floor, I sat and watched the table, purses, etc. Whenever this happened, I'd talk to some of the girls at nearby tables. I wasn't really interested in any of them, as the night club crowd isn't my type of "hunting grounds," and most of them were engaged in activities which are not typical of the virtuous, church-going crowd that I'd like to find my future wife in. Then, there's the fact that I don't like to move straight from first sight to a romantic relationship, meaning I don't "pick up" chicks. However, they were interesting to talk to. Now, what I found is that these girls kept talking to me and seemed to be...interested...in me. I was asked several times to dance, and always copped out with the "I've gotta watch my friends' purses" excuse, and each time that happened, I got a phone number, without even asking. My friends were speechless. It also seemed that the less romantically interested I acted, the more they liked me.

I ended up calling all of them back and invited them to church. Most thought I was joking. Three actually showed up. One still goes, and if she keeps going, I may actually follow up with what was started that night in the club. I mean, she is quite attractive and the only reason I didn't go for her in the first place is that she didn't live up to my moral and spiritual standards, though that seems to be changing. ;)

Eh, but what do I know. I'm a nerd who is annoyed by Valentine's Day, thinks the "dating game" is a bunch of bullcrap, and has never had a steady girlfriend. However, I think the fact that I'm comfortable with that works to my advantage, as wierd as that sounds. :huh:

How long has this girl been going? Id ask her out anyway. Just treat her like a gentleman and maybe your influence will change her. I just get this impression that you should ask her out. But you don't have to listen to me.

they have the upper hand never approach or hit on a girl unless she has caught your attention by showing interest in you first...just be yourself and let girls do what girls do...and there is nothing wrong with being single and un-attached...anything less will give a guy migrains! :cof:

Everyone has given me good and great advice, espcecially my man Hobbit. I usually pick up chicks with my arms, the full on arm-waiste manoveur, though I have picked up chicks (really really light ones) with hands.

Question for you, archangel.... Am I supposed to just sit back and wait for a girl to show interst in me, then move in? That makes sense, but what does interst look like? In my head, everythign is worked up and way out of proportion, especially when it comes to this, so a girl asking me for a pencil is a sure sign as far as I'm concerned.

Other than that, the question stays the same. What exactly do I say/do? No cheesy pick-up lines, so I just go up and say, 'hey, Im Nick, you're hot" or what?

In my experience, the harder I've tried, the less succesful I've been. I've had the most luck by just trying to be around the person of interest as much as possible, and things usually just work themselves out. Or I get slapped with a restraining order... but she eventually came around and now she's been with me for awhile!

archangel said:
they have the upper hand <b>never approach or hit on a girl unless she has caught your attention by showing interest in you first</b>...just be yourself and let girls do what girls do...and there is nothing wrong with being single and un-attached...anything less will give a guy migrains! :cof:

What the hell's with the headgames? And why would that be considered sound advice?

Shattered said:
What the hell's with the headgames? And why would that be considered sound advice?

Oh, you have no idea. Me and my friends work things into operations in our heads, and compare them to military tactics. When we are unsure, we compare our situation to D-Day, and all out attack, and if defense is fierce, it means we got nowhere. We're pretty messed up kids. I guess that's why I asked a bunch of loonies on the internet with advice on chicks .

Semper Fi said:
Oh, you have no idea. Me and my friends work things into operations in our heads, and compare them to military tactics. When we are unsure, we compare our situation to D-Day, and all out attack, and if defense is fierce, it means we got nowhere. We're pretty messed up kids. I guess that's why I asked a bunch of loonies on the internet with advice on chicks .

Trust me..There aren't a lot of "chicks" out there, that are worth having, that like headgames... The best advice you've received yet is to just be yourself, and be a friend. Let things go from there.

Shattered said:
Trust me..There aren't a lot of "chicks" out there, that are worth having, that like headgames... The best advice you've received yet is to just be yourself, and be a friend. Let things go from there.

Ok. Sounds good to me I guess.... now how do I start things off? I'm talking from square one.

Semper Fi said:
Ok. Sounds good to me I guess.... now how do I start things off? I'm talking from square one.

"Hi." and maybe a smile is a pretty good place to start.

Shattered said:
"Hi." and maybe a smile is a pretty good place to start.

Shatterd, you are a genious. The particular young lady I have in mind sits directly in front of me in one of my classes...anything you got for that? Oh and she's a year younger than me. But doesnt seem like if ya know what i mean.

Semper Fi said:
Shatterd, you are a genious. The particular young lady I have in mind sits directly in front of me in one of my classes...anything you got for that? Oh and she's a year younger than me. But doesnt seem like if ya know what i mean.
Ask her if she needs a tutor. Then "tutor" her. :laugh:

The ClayTaurus said:
Grab her boob. She'll smack you, but that's her way of saying "I loved that!"

The ClayTaurus, you are a genious. The particular young lady I have in mind sits directly in front of me in one of my classes...anything you got for that? Oh and she's a year younger than me. But doesnt seem like if ya know what i mean.

Semper Fi said:

Dude, ive been trying to figure that one out for years. so when you do let me know.

Semper Fi said:
The ClayTaurus, you are a genious. The particular young lady I have in mind sits directly in front of me in one of my classes...anything you got for that? Oh and she's a year younger than me. But doesnt seem like if ya know what i mean.
Drop your pencil in front of her, then ask her to pick it up.

Then drop it again.

Honestly though, it's all the cliche stuff, don't force anything. Just try to get group work with her (but not in that creepy way) smile and say hello, just small things. It might take a little patience for the message to get through.

Or you could have dropped 900 bucks and bought every girl in the school a rose for valentine's. That'd get you some booty, no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back