How do you persuade others to give you money?

The best way I have found to persuade people to give me money is to sell my skill sets, experience, work ethic, and labor to somebody who needs it and is willing to pay me for it. . . .or. . . .

Write an irrisistible grant application if you have a good cause that needs funding. . . .or. . . .

Be a very persuasive salesperson for whatever charity you are fund raising for.

I've done a fair amount of persuading over the years.
I just show folks a bunch of figures, justify the proposed expenditures, tell them what to expect in return, and educate them as to the risk involved.
No big deal really.

This time of year... by dressing as an elf and carrying a bucket, and having my 'licensed charity collector' ID on. Then I smile, explain that I'm collecting for local needy families. This usually works. If not, I follow them, wait until no one's looking and beat the shit out of them and steal their money.

It's pretty simple. You just say things like "Don't worry, your loan guarantees are on a fast track; they'll be funded long before your bankruptcy." or "We also think those pesky bondholders should go to the back of the line in favor of your union pension obligations. Why should they have first claim on assets just because their contract says they have first lien rights?":eusa_shifty:

I would camp my family on a rich guys lawn and crap all over the place and piss on is porch. I would also start a huge fire in his drive way to keep him from being able to get out to go to work, and when the cops came to remove us, I would throw rocks at them, and cry like a little bitch when the looked at me hard. Or, I would just go to work.

Forum List

Back