How do you motivate yourself?

How about a fine Brandy?

19250.jpg

Pour the beer, tequila, dark rum and ouzo into a highball glass. Top with mountain dew, to taste, and serve.

Okay, the Mountain Dew is a deal breaker. I hate that shit. Had no idea there was a drink called that though, thanks :)

The whole damn thing is a deal breaker. Beer, tequila and rum? Together in one glass?

Supposedly it got its name from the slops left over in a bar well after closing time. Everything from there went into one bottle, and it was a cheap drunk for the alkies or college kids (same thing) the next night. People wound up liking it, and so they recreated a recipe to mimic it. BTW, there are about a bazillion different recipes for it because of that. Dunno how true the story is though. Just something I heard.

Pour the beer, tequila, dark rum and ouzo into a highball glass. Top with mountain dew, to taste, and serve.

Okay, the Mountain Dew is a deal breaker. I hate that shit. Had no idea there was a drink called that though, thanks :)

The whole damn thing is a deal breaker. Beer, tequila and rum? Together in one glass?

Supposedly it got its name from the slops left over in a bar well after closing time. Everything from there went into one bottle, and it was a cheap drunk for the alkies or college kids (same thing) the next night. People wound up liking it, and so they recreated a recipe to mimic it. BTW, there are about a bazillion different recipes for it because of that. Dunno how true the story is though. Just something I heard.

Once upon a time there was a bar called Salty's. Tuesday nights featured garbage can punch, in those plastic party cups, for 50 cents a cup.1980s. It was red.I wish I could remember the drink I used to make, chilled and served in shots that tasted similar. It used about the same # of different liquors, but it wasn't iced teas,it was some kind of punch.

You are quite correct though, Beer should only be mixed with whiskey (boilermakers), and tequila should only be taken in its purest form, as nature intended.

Once upon a time there was a bar called Salty's. Tuesday nights featured garbage can punch, in those plastic party cups, for 50 cents a cup.1980s. It was red.I wish I could remember the drink I used to make, chilled and served in shots that tasted similar. It used about the same # of different liquors, but it wasn't iced teas,it was some kind of punch.

You are quite correct though, Beer should only be mixed with whiskey (boilermakers), and tequila should only be taken in its purest form, as nature intended.

Which Salty's? There's a bazillion of those too.

The one that I am familiar with, and went to often, is on PCB.

Last edited:
RadiomanATL:
Which Salty's? There's a bazillion of those too.

The one that I am familiar with, and went to often, is on PCB.

This was in Schenectady, NY
True story: The bar closed because the owner died from a heart attack upon winning the lottery.

Forum List

Back