• Deviled

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Poached

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Coddled

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
Going to have to try this....

It does look interesting and reminds me of 'Egg in a basket' where you cut a hole in the middle of a slice of bread, butter both sides,put in fry pan, then crack an egg into the hole. Fry both sides.......I used to do that as a kid, it was tasty & fun.

I want to check out the texture and taste of the whites mainly.
Do they taste like regular egg whites or does the texture change it in anyway?

I don't know, I've never tried 'Clouds'.......but my first thought was Meringue and I'd guess it would taste like it. IDK :dunno:

Meringue has sugar and either lime,lemon or cream of tartar which helps with setting the whites into a thick foam.
I have to wonder what the whites taste like with just salt and pepper.

Going to have to try this....

It does look interesting and reminds me of 'Egg in a basket' where you cut a hole in the middle of a slice of bread, butter both sides,put in fry pan, then crack an egg into the hole. Fry both sides.......I used to do that as a kid, it was tasty & fun.

I want to check out the texture and taste of the whites mainly.
Do they taste like regular egg whites or does the texture change it in anyway?

I don't know, I've never tried 'Clouds'.......but my first thought was Meringue and I'd guess it would taste like it. IDK :dunno:

Meringue has sugar and either lime,lemon or cream of tartar which helps with setting the whites into a thick foam.
I have to wonder what the whites taste like with just salt and pepper.

True enough about the differences, but I'll let you try them and let me know. Though it is an interesting way of doing eggs.....I'm not interested enough to try it.

1.) Beaten egg whites are too foamy for me

2.) As a kid I had to help my Aunt make divinity at Christmastime every year.....and I'm over it now, thanks

Several ways:

1. Very very soft scrambled in melted butter (not browned).
2. Boiled, 5 1/2 minutes
3. Poached, medium rare
4. Omette, either gruyere & mushroom or green chiles & jack cheese

Typically I prefer them on someone else's plate, don't really like eggs that much.
If you don't like eggs it's most likely the cook's fault.
No, it's the eggs fault combined with my taste buds........
Are you a vegetarian or something??
Nope, eggs have an aftertaste that takes about a pot of coffee to wash away. Now a two pound bacon sandwich (cooked weight) or a couple of pounds of sausage with home fries cooked in butter, onions, salt, pepper and garlic.......... (God I miss those days.......)

Forum List

Back