How do you like your coffee?

How do you like your coffee?

• Black.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Cream and sugar (or another type of sugar substitute).

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Cream only.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Sugar only.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In a cup.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • In a cup with some form of alcohol in it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With enough sugar and cream to make it taste like hot ice cream.

Or with hazelnut or vanilla caramel flavoring...enough to make it taste like hot ice cream.

Not a huge coffee fan. In fact, didn't drink it at all until I started working in an office that didn't have a pepsi machine. Then it was like, gimme the shit, I'll drink it.

And I'm from a family of very particular coffee drinkers.

I like tea. With cream (whipping cream) and sugar. Not so much as in coffee, but enough to make it blondish.

And I prefer my tea fairly weak. I don't boil tea bags in the water. For iced tea, I use COLD water and steep the bags (not in the sun). That way it's not bitter.

And about 2 cups of sugar per gallon. Southern iced tea. At least, that's the only place I've ever drunk iced tea that tasted like I like it.

I like my coffee how I like my women ...

... black and bitter ...

... with a spoon in them.

mad2.jpg

With a flavored creamer, preferably french vanilla. I drink too much though. If I don't drink a couple cups before going to bed, I wake up with a massive headache in the morning.

With a flavored creamer, preferably french vanilla. I drink too much though. If I don't drink a couple cups before going to bed, I wake up with a massive headache in the morning.

WOW, I can't drink coffee after high noon or I'm up all night

But I GOTTA have it in the morning!
frenchcoffee.jpg

Last edited:
I can cook campfire coffee...in a regular pot (a regular PAN in otherwords) or in an old-fashioned percolator. I learned to cook coffee in a percolator on the stove before I was 7 for my folks, it was my initiation into cooking. Along with pancakes and roast. And venison.

But I was never into coffee myself. Mama would give us a teaspoon (with cream and sugar) if we wanted it, but didn't allow us to "drink" it. When I got older, I just always liked tea better...my older brother, sister, mom & dad thought I was crazy.

We were raised on "English" tea...or tea with cream and sugar and I always preferred that. Weak. Go figure. My sister and mom always make me drag out the coffee maker and make them coffee when they visit. I always say "I don't know how to make coffee" and they always say "yes you do" and I always end up making it.

And they always say it's great. Of course they would, they taught me to make it just the way they like it.

For me, if I can't have pepsi or coke with ice in the morning while I'm working, I make coffee.

I'm 45 and I have only drunk it on a regular basis (2 x a week) for about 6 months.

Thank you for letting me share. Bow, bow.

I can cook campfire coffee...in a regular pot (a regular PAN in otherwords) or in an old-fashioned percolator. I learned to cook coffee in a percolator on the stove before I was 7 for my folks, it was my initiation into cooking. Along with pancakes and roast. And venison.

But I was never into coffee myself. Mama would give us a teaspoon (with cream and sugar) if we wanted it, but didn't allow us to "drink" it. When I got older, I just always liked tea better...my older brother, sister, mom & dad thought I was crazy.

We were raised on "English" tea...or tea with cream and sugar and I always preferred that. Weak. Go figure. My sister and mom always make me drag out the coffee maker and make them coffee when they visit. I always say "I don't know how to make coffee" and they always say "yes you do" and I always end up making it.

And they always say it's great. Of course they would, they taught me to make it just the way they like it.

For me, if I can't have pepsi or coke with ice in the morning while I'm working, I make coffee.

I'm 45 and I have only drunk it on a regular basis (2 x a week) for about 6 months.

Thank you for letting me share. Bow, bow.

And why is it food and coffee taste SO AMAZING in the moutains camping out?

It's so strange.

Except not with my family. LOL Try to do anything and you get 15 different unasked for directions.

The last time we went, I started to wash the dishes by heating up a huge pot of water on the stove. I stood there listening as my step mom first went over how I might burn my hands if I kept it on the stove. Then my aunt chimed in about it was okay that I did them on the stove, but I needed to use the other dishwashing soap. Then somebody else started up about how I be sure to use the new towel to dry them with. But then they all agreed that I should have taken the pot down to the sprocket and washed them there to keep food particles away from the campsite. Oh but BE CAREFUL you don't burn your hands, are you SURE it's not getting too hot?

I think the whole campground heard me tell all of them I knew how to do ****** dishes!!!

And they went right on to how to put out a campfire...

Jen, I love you but your family are pussies.

You boil the water for 20 minutes, kills anything. You boil the dishes in it, with or without soap, kills anything.

I went camping for a week with my toddler children who wore cloth diapers, without running water or a toilet, we boiled the diapers and the dishes in a big pot. One pot for diapers, one for dishes. It was July, fire time..we always had a fire, and we always had 2 pots on the fire. One for diapers and clothing, one for dishes.

We'd use a little dishsoap to scrub out the dishes, then into the boiling water they went. We put them all in, dumped out that water, poured in new, then brought it to a boil and let it boil for 20 minutes and that was it.

Tell your folks to man up. Nobody in my family has ever been burned. Kids don't get to go near the fire without someone holding their hand...but there's always a fire, and always 2 pots of water if you have kids.

And then when you're cooking, there's a cast iron skillet with grease in it, too.

Jen, I love you but your family are pussies.

You boil the water for 20 minutes, kills anything. You boil the dishes in it, with or without soap, kills anything.

I went camping for a week with my toddler children who wore cloth diapers, without running water or a toilet, we boiled the diapers and the dishes in a big pot. One pot for diapers, one for dishes. It was July, fire time..we always had a fire, and we always had 2 pots on the fire. One for diapers and clothing, one for dishes.

We'd use a little dishsoap to scrub out the dishes, then into the boiling water they went. We put them all in, dumped out that water, poured in new, then brought it to a boil and let it boil for 20 minutes and that was it.

Tell your folks to man up. Nobody in my family has ever been burned. Kids don't get to go near the fire without someone holding their hand...but there's always a fire, and always 2 pots of water if you have kids.

And then when you're cooking, there's a cast iron skillet with grease in it, too.

Forum List

Back