How do you justify...

Medical care that directly affects human life. Thanks for clearing that up.

Eating and breathing also directly effects human life. So what's your point?

That you're a hypocrite.

You are concerned with an unborn child and placing dollars above the well being of a fetus, but once the child is born, they are on their own.

Calling me a hypocrite is well, funny as hell and mere opinion on your part.

Somehow you read a lot into what I had posted in this thread. No where have I stated that once a child was born they are on their own.

The truth is I think abortion simply for birth control is murder. I'm against my tax dollars funding abortion, I'm not against my tax dollars helping those in need, but only to those that don't abuse the system . Women that opt for abortion instead of putting the child up for adoption is committing premeditated murder in my opinion.

Now you can disagree with my opinion, but don't go putting words in my mouth.

Eating and breathing also directly effects human life. So what's your point?

That you're a hypocrite.

You are concerned with an unborn child and placing dollars above the well being of a fetus, but once the child is born, they are on their own.

Somehow you read a lot into what I had posted in this thread. No where have I stated that once a child was born they are on their own.

The truth is I think abortion simply for birth control is murder. I'm against my tax dollars funding abortion, I'm not against my tax dollars helping those in need, but only to those that don't abuse the system . Women that opt for abortion instead of putting the child up for adoption is committing premeditated murder in my opinion.

Who said anything about tax dollars funding abortion? So you're ok with abortion as long as your tax dollars don't support it?

So which programs are you in favor of that help single mothers or children with their healthcare needs?

How do fiscal conservatives justify the anti abortion stance, and the cutting of all social programs?

It's something called PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY, spectrum. I know it's not a terribly popular concept in this day and age but some of us do still believe in it.

When you go and stick Tab A into Slot B, you do so knowing that there is the POTENTIAL (regardless of what precautions are taken) to create a new life. If you are not both willing and capable of handling what that means and the responsibilities that come with it then Tab A and Slot B should not be meeting each other. It's really that simple.

For some of us, agreeing to the act of sexual intercourse is the same as agreeing to potentially become a parent, and to support that child(ren) for at least the first 18 years of their life.

You're right. Personal responsibility. Personal as in it's their decision, not yours. And responsibility as in they are doing the responsible thing by not bringing a child in to this world that they are not fit to care for. Time to listen to some of your own crap that you spew.

Ever heard of such a thing called "adoption"?

It's something called PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY, spectrum. I know it's not a terribly popular concept in this day and age but some of us do still believe in it.

When you go and stick Tab A into Slot B, you do so knowing that there is the POTENTIAL (regardless of what precautions are taken) to create a new life. If you are not both willing and capable of handling what that means and the responsibilities that come with it then Tab A and Slot B should not be meeting each other. It's really that simple.

For some of us, agreeing to the act of sexual intercourse is the same as agreeing to potentially become a parent, and to support that child(ren) for at least the first 18 years of their life.

You're right. Personal responsibility. Personal as in it's their decision, not yours. And responsibility as in they are doing the responsible thing by not bringing a child in to this world that they are not fit to care for. Time to listen to some of your own crap that you spew.

Ever heard of such a thing called "adoption"?

Never, please enlighten me.

That you're a hypocrite.

Who said anything about tax dollars funding abortion? So you're ok with abortion as long as your tax dollars don't support it?

So which programs are you in favor of that help single mothers or children with their healthcare needs?

I don't like abortion at all. I'm not in favor of any government programs that deal with welfare. But as it stands some of my tax dollars are used for that purpose and as long as they are then I will have an opinion about who should benefit. And as I stated I don't have a problem helping those that are truly in need as long as they're not abusing or taking unfair advantage of the system.

If I had my way there would be no welfare programs funded by tax payer dollars. I would instead look to private charities and/or faith based groups to take over the duties of welfare.

Welfare programs instituted by the government has done nothing but create generations of welfare families. The government doesn't provide any incentives for people to rise above their station. At least none that I have seen.

I don't like abortion at all. I'm not in favor of any government programs that deal with welfare. But as it stands some of my tax dollars are used for that purpose and as long as they are then I will have an opinion about who should benefit. And as I stated I don't have a problem helping those that are truly in need as long as they're not abusing or taking unfair advantage of the system.

If I had my way there would be no welfare programs funded by tax payer dollars. I would instead look to private charities and/or faith based groups to take over the duties of welfare.

Welfare programs instituted by the government has done nothing but create generations of welfare families. The government doesn't provide any incentives for people to rise above their station. At least none that I have seen.

I got it, so like I originally thought. You're being a hypocrite. It's not a matter of tax dollars paying for abortion that you don't like. You don't want anyone to have an abortion at all even using their own money.

Since you think government doesn't provide the ability for people to overcome hardships, I'm assuming you've never taken any government assistance for anything, right?

I got it, so like I originally thought. You're being a hypocrite. It's not a matter of tax dollars paying for abortion that you don't like. You don't want anyone to have an abortion at all even using their own money.

Since you think government doesn't provide the ability for people to overcome hardships, I'm assuming you've never taken any government assistance for anything, right?

As it stands, an individual can have as many abortions as they want and I don't want my tax money paying for it as it's doing now by funding Planned Parenthood. And yes if I had my way there would be no abortions accept in extreme cases.

No the governemt doesn't do anything but make poor people dependent on government cheese.

No I've never taken government assistance for anything in my life. And I never will.

As it stands, an individual can have as many abortions as they want and I don't want my tax money paying for it as it's doing now by funding Planned Parenthood. And yes if I had my way there would be no abortions accept in extreme cases.

No the governemt doesn't do anything but make poor people dependent on government cheese.

No I've never taken government assistance for anything in my life. And I never will.

And I'm guessing you figured out how to "rise above" and are living the good life now, right?

And I'm guessing you figured out how to "rise above" and are living the good life now, right?

It's not hard to do if you're not afraid of work.

Weird, I would imagine that if you've got it all figured out and worked so hard, you would have at least figured out how to get some health insurance for your family. Maybe you're just not working hard enough?

Weird, I would imagine that if you've got it all figured out and worked so hard, you would have at least figured out how to get some health insurance for your family. Maybe you're just not working hard enough?

I don't need nor have I ever needed health insurance. And with a full time career (after already retiring from one company after 20 years) and co-owning two businesses along with owning a well stocked cattle ranch. I'd say I work hard enough.

I don't need nor have I ever needed health insurance. And with a full time career (after already retiring from one company after 20 years) and co-owning two businesses along with owning a well stocked cattle ranch. I'd say I work hard enough.

Alright then. Have a great day!

No actually that is NOT Personal Responsibility. In fact it's the total OPPOSITE of Personal Responsibility. Personal Responsibility can also be defined as.... "Accepting the Consequences of one's own Decisions and Actions." Personal Responsibility is a key component of Morality and Values, which are the antithesis of what you're suggesting.

No, I think people should be held accountable for their own healthcare. I've raised five children without ever having health insurance. When medical attention was needed I either paid the bill in it's entirety or set up a payment plan, depending on the amount due. Bottom line, the bills were paid and I didn't need an insurance company or the governments input.

So then why do you compare a human life to dollars?

I don't.

I'm comparing dollars to medical care.

Weird. It's like you're rejecting the whole "people can't exist without government health care" premise, or something.

No actually that is NOT Personal Responsibility. In fact it's the total OPPOSITE of Personal Responsibility. Personal Responsibility can also be defined as.... "Accepting the Consequences of one's own Decisions and Actions." Personal Responsibility is a key component of Morality and Values, which are the antithesis of what you're suggesting.

Incorrect, but then again I realize what kind of person you are so I don't expect reasonable logic from anything you spout.

Forum List

Back