How do you "just know?"

"Faith is that grace which surpasseth all understanding."

That is, the explaination of what FAITH is for the believers.

I mean look at it logically. What is it saying?

It is saying that faith is unsustainable via logic.

The only sane conclusion one can come to is that debates about matters of faith cannot be conducted logically.

Faith is like a GET FREE THE TYRANNY OF LOGIC card.

In "faith's" defense, who/what/where said that faith surpasseth all understanding isn't necessarily correct, thus your conclusions based on said statement aren't either.

A lot of us were brought up going to church and as we got older it seemed more like fantasy and some stopped believing. Some never believed to begin with. Some of us though have had other experiences in life that reinforce our belief in something that is watching over us. I know the time I took the Lord as my Savior was wonderful experience and the feeling I experienced was something that is indescribable. I have also experienced times where I believe an entity, what I term as a guardian Angel, has kept me from harm. So for me there is no doubt and my faith is unshakable. I can understand people who have not experienced these things can have doubt about God. I would hope that they could seek out the hope, the peace of the soul, that true faith can bring. However it is up to each individual to accept or reject that faith in God.

A lot of us were brought up going to church and as we got older it seemed more like fantasy and some stopped believing. Some never believed to begin with. Some of us though have had other experiences in life that reinforce our belief in something that is watching over us. I know the time I took the Lord as my Savior was wonderful experience and the feeling I experienced was something that is indescribable. I have also experienced times where I believe an entity, what I term as a guardian Angel, has kept me from harm. So for me there is no doubt and my faith is unshakable. I can understand people who have not experienced these things can have doubt about God. I would hope that they could seek out the hope, the peace of the soul, that true faith can bring. However it is up to each individual to accept or reject that faith in God.

Who told you that it was a Guardian Angel and not mere coincedence?>

The only sane conclusion one can come to is that debates about matters of faith cannot be conducted logically.

In "faith's" defense, who/what/where said that faith surpasseth all understanding isn't necessarily correct, thus your conclusions based on said statement aren't either.

You failed to grasp Ed's point.
You're still applying logic to your argument.

Unless and until you can prove that the statement about Faith is false, it can only be true.

You failed to grasp Ed's point.
You're still applying logic to your argument.

Unless and until you can prove that the statement about Faith is false, it can only be true.

What I just bolded is a great leap in logic. You can think on it and conclude why, but if not, I'll let you know.

Logic doesn't apply to faith.

Stop trying, or you'll never find the answer.

My brain cannot dismiss logic voluntarily, but the statement you made that I bolded was in and of itself outside of the "faith" discussion, and just an illogical sentence by itself. That's all I was saying, it was a completely falsifiable and illogical sentence.

How?

Becuase:

The inability of an individual to falsify something - -> doesn't mean that said something is not false, or falsifiable. It means that said individual simply has not/copuld not do so. No other conclusions can be drawn, and certainly "it's then true" is not one of them.

My brain cannot dismiss logic voluntarily, but the statement you made that I bolded was in and of itself outside of the "faith" discussion, and just an illogical sentence by itself. That's all I was saying, it was a completely falsifiable and illogical sentence.

How?

Becuase:

The inability of an individual to falsify something - -> doesn't mean that said something is not false, or falsifiable. It means that said individual simply has not/copuld not do so. No other conclusions can be drawn, and certainly "it's then true" is not one of them.

It was intentionally illogical to support my claim that faith and logic don't mix
:cool:

How?

Becuase:

It was intentionally illogical to support my claim that faith and logic don't mix
:cool:

I know what Ed was saying - and what Ed was saying is false if the first sentence in his post is false which - is open for discussion but not proven true.

Forum List

Back