How do you interpet these two charts ?

Chart2.jpg

uschina.jpg
The growing trend in American manufacturing is manufacturing components abroad with final assembly in the US. Often that final assemble is nothing more than putting the major assembly in a case, adding accessories, inspecting, packing, and shipping. Thus, most of labor is done overseas. I recently visited a manufacturing plant in Idaho. Today they are producing the same type of product they manufactured in 2000 with an employment of 95 versus 275 employees. The difference is most of the components are made overseas.

- Manufacturing jobs aren't what they once were anyway.

Many manufacturing jobs have, in fact, come back to the U.S. With our labor surplus, though, they don't pay squat.
That's because it's light manufacturing with labor intensive work still done overseas. A lot of it is just final assemble and packing.

- Agreed. I think increasing productivity has something to do with it as well. A lot of skilled manufacturing work is now done robotically. The biggest payoff in automation is when you can get machines to do your highest paid workers' jobs. That's the sweet spot.

The growing trend in American manufacturing is manufacturing components abroad with final assembly in the US. Often that final assemble is nothing more than putting the major assembly in a case, adding accessories, inspecting, packing, and shipping. Thus, most of labor is done overseas. I recently visited a manufacturing plant in Idaho. Today they are producing the same type of product they manufactured in 2000 with an employment of 95 versus 275 employees. The difference is most of the components are made overseas.

- Manufacturing jobs aren't what they once were anyway.

Many manufacturing jobs have, in fact, come back to the U.S. With our labor surplus, though, they don't pay squat.
That's because it's light manufacturing with labor intensive work still done overseas. A lot of it is just final assemble and packing.

- Agreed. I think increasing productivity has something to do with it as well. A lot of skilled manufacturing work is now done robotically. The biggest payoff in automation is when you can get machines to do your highest paid workers' jobs. That's the sweet spot.
I believe automation and other technological developments will eliminate about half the jobs as we know them today within 50 to 100 years. I'm sure there will be many other jobs created, however if either the number of those jobs or the capability of the workforce is not sufficient to fill them then we may find social changes will lower productive and impede progress.

You should try to refrain from calling people stupid.

1) I don't call people stupid. I call liberals stupid
2) It is a civic duty to tell the truth about important subjects
3) If you ever doubt that liberals are stupid just ask one to say something intelligent in defense of liberalism.

In the 2013 government shutdown the House caved in because a handful of government employees were furloughed.

100% stupid and liberal. They caved on that and many other things because the electorate did not approve. Do you have the IQ to understand? If the electorate approved politicians would stampede toward fiscal maturity and responsibility. Ask someone to help you understand!!

In the 2013 government shutdown the House caved in because a handful of government employees were furloughed.

100% stupid and liberal. They caved on that and many other things because the electorate did not approve. Do you have the IQ to understand? If the electorate approved politicians would stampede toward fiscal maturity and responsibility. Ask someone to help you understand!!
What makes you think the electorate would approve of the cuts or tax increases to balance the budget? Most people are ok with cutting some one else's benefits or raising some one else's taxes as long it doesn't cut their food stamps, welfare payments, disability, Social Security, Medicare, their kids student loan, funds for their kids school, or raise their income tax, corporate taxes, sales taxes, or property taxes. Yeah, the public is for a balanced budget just not the means of accomplishing it.

What makes you think the electorate would approve of the cuts or tax increases to balance the budget? .

dear if I said i think the electorate would approve I'll pay you $10,000. Bet or admit to trying to find a strawman so you wont look stupid and liberal.

Our real,problem with China is a function of their economic success and our economic lethargy. China's military is emboldened by the economic success of the country. Our military is bloated and inert, and sooner or later we are going to butt heads. Obama is incapable of negotiating our way through this and once again America will be embarrassed and her power diminished.
culture clown is a little embarrassed. He didn't realize that the plow wheel hammer nail screw PC and electric motor had replaced billions of workers and made us all tons richer.
Didn't I ?
Whose the computer scientist here Ed ?

dear, do you mean "who's" the computer scientist who cant think verbally or conceptually?
Well , excuse the typo. Certainly comming from someone who (still) thinks the Jeffersonian republican model and the actual Chinese model are the same I find my lapsus rather lame.

What makes you think the electorate would approve of the cuts or tax increases to balance the budget? .

dear if I said i think the electorate would approve I'll pay you $10,000. Bet or admit to trying to find a strawman so you wont look stupid and liberal.
If the electorate doesn't approve, then neither will congress and they will just vote to to bypass the amendment just as congress caves in every year to extending the debt limit.

In considering a balanced budget amendment, we have to ask what effects might there be when the nation requires substantial funds that can not raise with taxes. If Abraham Lincoln had allowed budget policy to be the dominant concern in his administration, the United States would today be two or more countries. If Franklin Roosevelt had weighed the need to keep the Treasury in the black with concerns about Hitler, we would belong to a very different world order. If Dwight Eisenhower had decided that the increased risk of running budget deficits should outweigh the economic benefits of the interstate highway program, we would not have the transportation backbone that allowed our economy to grow fivefold in half a century.

Jeffersonian republican model and the actual Chinese model are the same.

dear no two things are exactly the same but certainly the freedom in America and in recent China is comparable, stated, and at least partially realized while liberals are the exact opposite and so want only more and more government.

Do you have the IQ as a typical liberal to understand?

If Abraham Lincoln had allowed budget policy to be the dominant concern in his administration, the United States would today be two or more countries.

1) totally stupid to predict the future. Germany is one country and so probably the USA would be too.

2) had Lincoln been restrained 500k would not have been killed when population was 30 million. Vietnam, in comparison, was only 60K dead when nation was 275 million. Lincoln was the bloodiest of all just to establish a powerful central govt.

Forum List

Back