How do you identify an "elitist"?

Elitists are people who do not think that the normal every day to day rules and or laws apply to them. Elitists are people who believe that they "know" better then anyone else. Elitists are people who believe that money, power, or position make them "better" then anyone else. Elitists are people who believe that respect is owed to them by the masses and is their rightful dues.

I would add to that:

Elitists are people who believe that money, power, position, or political beliefs make them "better" then anyone else...because there are people here with neither money, power, nor position, but still think they're better than everyone else.
Only because they believe that sucking up to the wealthy protects them.
The people I had in mind hate the wealthy.

An elitist is just a new term for an aristocrat. Someone who has had advantages and feels that they are best suited to rule the "little people" who in their view simply can't make responsible choices over their own lives.

Obama is an elitist, as was Dubya

Hmm, so there are "different" kinds of elitists?

After all, Bush was the son of a former president whose brother was a governor. Only got into Harvard because dad pulled strings and graduated with a C minus average, and was most known for being a "party animal".

Obama was raised by a single mom until she died, he received food stamps, took out thousands of dollars worth of loans which he didn't pay off until the publication of two best selling books he authored and he graduated from Harvard near the top of his class and was editor of the Harvard Law review and taught Constitutional Law for 10 years at the University Level.

So these have to be very different kinds of "elite". But being "elite", are they both "bad", according to the right?

elitist simply means you think you know better than the average people. It does not matter whether you actually do or not, or how educated or how many books you published. It is about an attitude of superiority.

A liberal Elitist is someone who thinks everyone who lives between DC and SF are inbred idiots who should not even be allowed to vote. They think they are better than most Americans. They think they are smarter, and wiser, and know best for us all. Education level does not automatically mean you are smarter, or have anymore common sense than the next guy. Many times it just means you had more money :)
So you are saying that Stuttering LimpTard and the CON$ervative movement are Liberal Elitists. :cuckoo:

May 22, 2008
RUSH: I don't have a college degree and look at me, one of the most brilliant people in the country.

May 21, 2008
RUSH: I do think that in other policy areas, for example, there is a large and sizable moron vote that we are all subjected to

December 14, 2007
RUSH: I'm trying to inspire people to think. ... When they start thinking, they will conclude as I do.

Elitists are people who do not think that the normal every day to day rules and or laws apply to them. Elitists are people who believe that they "know" better then anyone else. Elitists are people who believe that money, power, or position make them "better" then anyone else. Elitists are people who believe that respect is owed to them by the masses and is their rightful dues.

I would add to that:

Elitists are people who believe that money, power, position, or political beliefs make them "better" then anyone else...because there are people here with neither money, power, nor position, but still think they're better than everyone else.

I don't feel that strong political beliefs make someone and "Elitist" it does however make them partisan hacks. ;)

So you are saying that Stuttering LimpTard and the CON$ervative movement are Liberal Elitists. :cuckoo:

May 22, 2008
RUSH: I don't have a college degree and look at me, one of the most brilliant people in the country.

May 21, 2008
RUSH: I do think that in other policy areas, for example, there is a large and sizable moron vote that we are all subjected to

December 14, 2007
RUSH: I'm trying to inspire people to think. ... When they start thinking, they will conclude as I do.

I think that he is more narcissistic then anything else. I don't think that rush feels he is due any respect at all. :lol:

I guess we all have different definitions of "elitist". To me, it means "the best".

If I was going to court, I would want an "elite" lawyer.

If I were getting surgery, I would want an "elite" surgeon.

The smartest, the most educated. There are always a few who rise to the top. To me, those are the elite.

Just like with anything, it takes practice to recognize these people. There are some who use an affected and nasal speech pattern who do a fair job of pretending to be an "elite" or what they imagine the "elite" sound like. But true "elite" are "result oriented". You judge them by their actions.

I once spent two weeks working at NASA White Sands on a "Cone Calorimeter". Oh I thought I was so smart, but when you spend two weeks with the geniuses who put landers down on Mars and send satellites careening into asteroids and send out probes to explore the solar system, it can be a very humbling experience. Of course, those guys are out in the desert and want to show off a little. I watched a test were they put some type of high temp canvas material on the back of a stationary "rocket", like a giant sail, and blasted the canvas. It split, but it didn't "burn".
And another test where they were developing some type of magnesium alloy to use as a rocket fuel. We watched it from an underground bunker and they swore like sailors. The fuel wasn't supposed to "sparkle", just burn, but it looked like a giant firework from the 4th of July.

When I left there, I knew "elite". And for those who say, "Really smart people don't have common sense", that is pure BS. I think people say that so they don't feel inferior. For me personally, it's wrong to feel "inferior". I truly believe everyone is "elite" in their own way as corny as that sounds. I'm glad for the power "elite". They make the world a better place.

Ten Years of Heat Release Research with the Cone Calorimeter

And for those who just want "common", "mediocre" and "average", what a shame.

I would add to that:

I don't feel that strong political beliefs make someone and "Elitist" it does however make them partisan hacks. ;)

I agree, but there are people here with absolutely nothing except their political beliefs who feel qualified to tell others what their best interests are.

May 22, 2008

May 21, 2008

December 14, 2007

I think that he is more narcissistic then anything else. I don't think that rush feels he is due any respect at all. :lol:
There is no doubt the lying hypocrite is narcissistic, but he expects the utmost respect for his talent for lying on loan from Gawwwwwd-da. He adheres to the Samual Butler observation that "Any fool can tell the truth, but it requires a man of some sense to know how to lie well." He believes he is crafty enough to insult and compliment his audience and they will only hear the compliment.

February 25, 2009
RUSH:* Well, that's only because of time constraints.* But, Rita, I really am not trying to talk down to people.* I'm trying to inspire.* I'm trying to motivate and lift people up.* I don't look at people as children.* I probably have more respect for the intelligence of my audience than anybody else in the media.* I do not ever think I'm talking down to people.* That's never in my mind.* I don't consider myself better than anybody in the audience.

July 8, 2010
RUSH:** I show up here at noon each day, in my mind, my audience knows nothing until I tell 'em.* All right?

February 25, 2009
RUSH:* I'm not an elitist.* Elitists who are the people that talk down have contempt for people.* I have nothing but love, admiration, and respect for all the people of this country, especially the ones in the audience. So thank you for that, Rita. Thank you very much.

July 8, 2010
RUSH:* So in my mind when I start here at noon every day, you don't know anything until I tell you -- and you certainly don't know what to think of it 'til I tell you what I think of it.*

I would add to that:

I agree, but there are people here with absolutely nothing except their political beliefs who feel qualified to tell others what their best interests are.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

The goal is to get others to agree with that opinion based on merit and not just calling them name or tearing them down because of disagreement.

Strong beliefs make someone opinionated.

Refusing to even try to understand someone else's position is most definitely what makes "partisan hacks".

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

The goal is to get others to agree with that opinion based on merit and not just calling them name or tearing them down because of disagreement.

Strong beliefs make someone opinionated.

Refusing to even try to understand someone else's position is most definitely what makes "partisan hacks".
So people who tell me I vote against my own best interests really know what's best for me? The fact that the interests they want me to vote for parallel their own exactly is just...coincidence?

The right has demonized the elite, but I'm curious:

The "right" is just as infatuated by the allure of power as the "left", if not moreso.

1. Who are these people?

2. What makes them "elitist"?

Sorry if this is a repeat:
WordNet Search - 3.0
•elitism - the attitude that society should be governed by an elite group of individuals

e·lit·ism or é·lit·ism (ĭ-lē'tĭz'əm, ā-lē'-)
n. 1.The belief that certain persons or members of certain classes or groups deserve favored treatment by virtue of their perceived superiority, as in intellect, social status, or financial resources.

a.The sense of entitlement enjoyed by such a group or class.

b.Control, rule, or domination by such a group or class.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition

3. Why are they unwanted?
Elitists seem prone to assume the worst of mankind.
I can only speak for myself of course, but I tend to assume the best about others until they prove otherwise.

That said,
Who really wants to be around people that thrive upon the envy of others? Or worse, seek to enslave others?

4. What is their "threat"?
Slavery, war, hate... all things grown in the elitists garden.

5. Do they make any contributions? and what are they?

Slavery, war, hatred, usury, inhumanity.
To name a few.

Granted some "elite", I guess you could loosely call them capitalists (the few who don't engage in the sins of usury and/or slavery) are a genuine boon to society.
Though their miserly ways (practicality?) may not appear to be the most humane or respected they serve a sometimes humane purpose.

Aww, heck, I suppose some of them might even have a conscience... everyone is different.

The right has demonized the elite, but I'm curious:

The "right" is just as infatuated by the allure of power as the "left", if not moreso.

1. Who are these people?

2. What makes them "elitist"?

Sorry if this is a repeat:
WordNet Search - 3.0

Elitists seem prone to assume the worst of mankind.
I can only speak for myself of course, but I tend to assume the best about others until they prove otherwise.

That said,
Who really wants to be around people that thrive upon the envy of others? Or worse, seek to enslave others?

4. What is their "threat"?
Slavery, war, hate... all things grown in the elitists garden.

5. Do they make any contributions? and what are they?

Slavery, war, hatred, usury, inhumanity.
To name a few.

Granted some "elite", I guess you could loosely call them capitalists (the few who don't engage in the sins of usury and/or slavery) are a genuine boon to society.
Though their miserly ways (practicality?) may not appear to be the most humane or respected they serve a sometimes humane purpose.

Aww, heck, I suppose some of them might even have a conscience... everyone is different.

It seems that the definition of "elite" has been somewhat "skewed". Others may have a different opinion.

Here are some others:

b.The best or most skilled members of a group:

best, first-class

part or group having the highest quality

a unit of soldiers or recruits picked for their competence

High quality

superior, fine

above average

great, wonderful

not an asshat

skillful

Used term when someone is professional at something

------------

Considering the responses, is it any wonder why the Republicans seem to hate the "elite"?

Last edited by a moderator:
obama-elitist-snob.jpg

Elitists are people who think they are better than everyone else because of their 1)money, 2)Education, 3)Race, 4)Political party, or something likewise trivilial. They think they are superior to others. In reality, they aren't. Quite the opposite their pride prevents them of reaching their full potential and others without this pride are more able to contribute positively to the world.

Oh they also tend to think they have no need to work. That others should sustain them in their lifestyle.

"Elitist" is a term that is used by people who realizes that they themselves are inferior.

If the Republicans refer to "elite" as no good snobs, will anyone in that party ever want to excel?

No, rtard. There are many successful people who aren't elitist.

I take it you admire elitists and feel happy about being included in that club. So long as you know that racists and bigots of every form are elitists. That's what being an elitist is.

Forum List

Back