How do you identify an "elitist"?

well, they can consider themselves to be whatever they want, but if they don't have money and or that upper education they aren't normally going to be able to climb into a position where they can be in any power and affect anything. Call them elitist wannabes maybe :LOL:

You mean somebody like Sarah Palin, with a degree from a branch campus of a public university and no particular family pedigree or fortune?

Pfft. The name on the degree helps, family money more so, but it's certainly not impossible. So again, what's the difference?

Palin is not an elitist. Elitists don't pander to the middle class the way Palin obviously is. In fact elitists aka aristocrats HATE the middle class or the proletariat

But I thought people without what you call "upper" diplomas and/or money never made it into a position of power or influence? :confused:

practice of or belief in rule by an elite

There is one party that wants the government (which reporesents the people) to stay small and powerless so the wealthy can dictate what happens in this country.

You mean somebody like Sarah Palin, with a degree from a branch campus of a public university and no particular family pedigree or fortune?

Pfft. The name on the degree helps, family money more so, but it's certainly not impossible. So again, what's the difference?

Palin is not an elitist. Elitists don't pander to the middle class the way Palin obviously is. In fact elitists aka aristocrats HATE the middle class or the proletariat

But I thought people without what you call "upper" diplomas and/or money never made it into a position of power or influence? :confused:

Did I say never, or did I say normally they don't? EVERY rule has its exceptions. Our government was originally designed to BE the exception, but both parties have ignored that.

The right has demonized the elite, but I'm curious:

1. Who are these people?

2. What makes them "elitist"?

3. Why are they unwanted?

4. What is their "threat"?

5. Do they make any contributions? and what are they?

Dear rdean, any elitist worth their own spit with tell you straight up "I'm an elitist."

:eusa_shhh:

1. Who are these people?

5. Do they make any contributions? and what are they?

Rtard, an elitist is someone who thinks, fundamentally, that some people are born better than others. An elitist thinks that they are superior to others, and therefore have more rights than others. Elitists are racists, bigots and tyrants.

They make no contribution.

Elitists are people who do not think that the normal every day to day rules and or laws apply to them. Elitists are people who believe that they "know" better then anyone else. Elitists are people who believe that money, power, or position make them "better" then anyone else. Elitists are people who believe that respect is owed to them by the masses and is their rightful dues.

Elitists are people who do not think that the normal every day to day rules and or laws apply to them. Elitists are people who believe that they "know" better then anyone else. Elitists are people who believe that money, power, or position make them "better" then anyone else. Elitists are people who believe that respect is owed to them by the masses and is their rightful dues.

And Schooling...lest we forget?

Did I say never, or did I say normally they don't? EVERY rule has its exceptions. Our government was originally designed to BE the exception, but both parties have ignored that.

All right, normally they don't. And those who do are an exception. So how many people in positions of power and authority are from what you would consider "upper" universities? And how many come from money?

(I personally wouldn't count those who are self-made, they earned it rather than were born to it.)

And yet, the Clarence Thomases, Joe Bidens and Congresspeople too numerous to mention are there. So....what makes others who are "jerks" but have no pedigree any different or more acceptable than those who have one and may not be jerks?

Schooling can go both ways. It can make the "elitist" realize their bullshit views on life, or it can exacerbate the problem.

Most of the elitists who have school snobbery have the other prerequisites already. Schooling is an add on to an already overblown problem.

Schooling can go both ways. It can make the "elitist" realize their bullshit views on life, or it can exacerbate the problem.

Most of the elitists who have school snobbery have the other prerequisites already. Schooling is an add on to an already overblown problem.

Yep. The indoctrination continues in the once hallowed halls of Acedemia.

Higher education is not the problem, it is the attitude in which you hold it that is.

1. Who are these people?

5. Do they make any contributions? and what are they?[/quote]"Elitists" just act like they're better than everyone else and seek to impose their "better way of life" upon everyone else whether they like it or not. They attempt to do so under the guise of "helping people".

Plenty of elitists in the Democrat Party.

You just identified every whitey righty on this MB :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

1. Who are these people?

5. Do they make any contributions? and what are they?[/quote]"Elitists" just act like they're better than everyone else and seek to impose their "better way of life" upon everyone else whether they like it or not. They attempt to do so under the guise of "helping people".

Plenty of elitists in the Democrat Party.

You just identified every whitey righty on this MB :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

don't forget the lefties as there are a bunch of them too. :lol:

Higher education is not the problem, it is the attitude in which you hold it that is.

Indeed. And a damned shame that the very same that take part in it hold those that made it possible in such low regard...they attack the very ideals that made it possible.

Much like lopping the nose to spite the face.

There is NOTHING wrong with education you fucking idiots.

You just dont like the fact that education tends to open peoples minds to other ideas.

you dont like that edcucated people tend to think.

You have politized education so that you can scorn those who dontn agree with your failed ideas.

You just dont like the fact that education tends to open peoples minds to other ideas.

You have politized education so that you can scorn those who dontn agree with your failed ideas.

Nah it's only when they use those same ideas to run roughshod over those that don't agree...i.e., infringe on other's liberties just because they are supposedly 'smarter' and know what's best for people they don't know.

Take Obamacare...they KNEW the people were against it...but yet here we are...and that bunch of shenanigans is under Court review...

It's an affront to true Liberty...but that's OK...peachy keen in your world, isn't it?

Having alot of book smarts for many leaves common sense wanting.

Learn it, Live it, Know it.

Indeed. And a damned shame that the very same that take part in it hold those that made it possible in such low regard...they attack the very ideals that made it possible.

Much like lopping the nose to spite the face.

Do you have any examples?

I would add to that:

Elitists are people who believe that money, power, position, or political beliefs make them "better" then anyone else...because there are people here with neither money, power, nor position, but still think they're better than everyone else.

Who said there was? :confused:

You're confusing "educated" and "intelligent". The two are not synonymous.

I would add to that:

Elitists are people who believe that money, power, position, or political beliefs make them "better" then anyone else...because there are people here with neither money, power, nor position, but still think they're better than everyone else.
Only because they believe that sucking up to the wealthy protects them.

The true elitists do not give a rats ass about the average american. They are in it to make money for themselves and the board members of the corps they represent. Nothing more. It is the lobbiests that are the true elitists. They do not care about polotics.

New Topics

Forum List

Back