How do you identify an "elitist"?

R

rdean

The right has demonized the elite, but I'm curious:

1. Who are these people?

2. What makes them "elitist"?

3. Why are they unwanted?

4. What is their "threat"?

5. Do they make any contributions? and what are they?

1. Who are these people?

"Elitists" just act like they're better than everyone else and seek to impose their "better way of life" upon everyone else whether they like it or not. They attempt to do so under the guise of "helping people".

Plenty of elitists in the Democrat Party.

1. Who are these people?

"Elitists" just act like they're better than everyone else and seek to impose their "better way of life" upon everyone else whether they like it or not. They attempt to do so under the guise of "helping people".

You're not referring to "family values" are you?

Elitist | Define Elitist at Dictionary.com

e·lit·ism   /ɪˈlitɪzəm, eɪˈli-/ Show Spelled[ih-lee-tiz-uhm, ey-lee-] Show IPA
–noun
1. practice of or belief in rule by an elite.
2. consciousness of or pride in belonging to a select or favored group.

How is supporting democracy being an elitist?

Just more bullshit from the right who want our country owned by the 1% because they worship them like Gods.

Last edited:
An elitist is just a new term for an aristocrat. Someone who has had advantages and feels that they are best suited to rule the "little people" who in their view simply can't make responsible choices over their own lives.

Obama is an elitist, as was Dubya

1. Who are these people?

You start with anyone who actually has an education. The better the school and the higher the degree, the more elitist they are.

When they throw around...this person has "common sense" it usually means they have no education and appeal to the lower educated classes

1. Who are these people?

"Elitists" just act like they're better than everyone else and seek to impose their "better way of life" upon everyone else whether they like it or not."

sound slike ann coulter
amd rush limbaugh
and sarah palin
and allblahblah

1. Who are these people?

"Elitists" just act like they're better than everyone else and seek to impose their "better way of life" upon everyone else whether they like it or not."

sound slike ann coulter
amd rush limbaugh
and sarah palin
and allblahblah

psst. Elitists are usually educated at the elite schools. You know like Harvard, or Yale.......

1. Who are these people?

Actually these are really good questions I'd like to see some real answers to.

There are too many people educated in Ivy League or equivalent universities, many (not all) with money, whom I've met and been friends and colleagues with who don't fit the stereotypes at all. And then I know some real uneducated assholes who would tell everybody how to live if they had the chance because nobody else has their "values" or "morals" or "toughness" or "common sense". What makes one automatically bad and the other automatically if not good, at least tolerated? Or am I wrong in assuming education and wealth have something to do with the idea of "elitism" as denounced in political circles?

Oh Tommy boy ...........got nothing on vote caging?

How can you claim it doesnt exsist if you dont even know what it is?

1. Who are these people?

Actually these are really good questions I'd like to see some real answers to.

There are too many people educated in Ivy League or equivalent universities, many (not all) with money, whom I've met and been friends and colleagues with who don't fit the stereotypes at all. And then I know some real uneducated assholes who would tell everybody how to live if they had the chance because nobody else has their "values" or "morals" or "toughness" or "common sense". What makes one automatically bad and the other automatically if not good, at least tolerated? Or am I wrong in assuming education and wealth have something to do with the idea of "elitism" as denounced in political circles?

no you're not wrong. Like I said a modern day elite is just an old world aristocrat. They have money and that "elite" education. Someone who doesn't have those things and tries to tell others how to live their lives is just a jerk. But give that jerk some money and a lofty diploma and suddenly he thinks he's someone special as that's how people around him , or her, treat him; and THAT creates an elitist.

1. Who are these people?

And conservatives harping on preserving a certain American 'way of life' that they think is better would be...ummm....uhhh...????

Forum List

Back