How do you get clean?

Joz

Mar 9, 2004
I'm a shower person.
I was given an assignment to relax in a tub for 15 minutes. The first 5 were fine. Then I started watching the clock as the time dragged. Haven't been in the tub since. That was 6yrs ago. (I know people who do the bulk of their reading either in the tub or some other bathroom facility.)

First I wash my hair, add conditioner, then the body parts get scrubbed while the conditioner is working. In, out, done!

Joz said:
I'm a shower person.
I was given an assignment to relax in a tub for 15 minutes. The first 5 were fine. Then I started watching the clock as the time dragged. Haven't been in the tub since. That was 6yrs ago. (I know people who do the bulk of their reading either in the tub or some other bathroom facility.)

First I wash my hair, add conditioner, then the body parts get scrubbed while the conditioner is working. In, out, done!
Getting clean? Shower.

Relaxing/destressing/lady-time? Tub, or better, HOTtub :D You can't really get clean in a tub when you just sit in the water that's supposed to be cleaning you.

The ClayTaurus said:
Getting clean? Shower.

Relaxing/destressing/lady-time? Tub, or better, HOTtub :D You can't really get clean in a tub when you just sit in the water that's supposed to be cleaning you.
What he said. Except not lady-time... husband-time. We rented ac abin in KY this weekend with a whirlpool tub built for two. Was VERY nice. Although, I did learn that hot tubs and wine coolers can produce headaches when used simultaneously. :D

But showers are much better for cleaning. Hard to rinse hair in the bath tub.

manu1959 said:

Got a shot of Clay - dunno why he sent this to me awhile back

157clayinbathtub.jpg

Joz said:
I'm a shower person.

I shower. I wash my body first, then my head, then shampoo my goatee.

Takes me 3-4 minutes to get clean, but 15-20 minutes to take a shower. It's my relax time.

How do I get clean, hmmm.
Well I used to spend a fair ammount of time in the detox cell (drunk tank)
at the county jail. :rock:

But I'm not 18 anymore so I shower.

Abbey Normal said:
Shower for me.

When you take a shower, do you face the water, or wash with your back to it?
Back to the water unless I'm rinsing the front. I'm told I make faces when I face the water. :huh:

Abbey Normal said:
Me too. I don't like water hitting my face, especially at the high pressure level I use.

Yea, I'm with you there. Of course, when I wash my face I turn into the water...otherwise I turn my back to it. I need the water pressure though. A shower with low pressure is just not as refreshing.

1549 said:
Yea, I'm with you there. Of course, when I wash my face I turn into the water...otherwise I turn my back to it. I need the water pressure though. A shower with low pressure is just not as refreshing.

ITA.

What about this kind of shower?

shower-A3219a_ls.jpg

Sponge bath delivered by a pair of buxom twins?

Showers for hours.... And I agree, lots of water pressure. And hot... almost scalding hot... Followed by a minute in an ice cold shower....

Very refreshing....

Joz said:
Back to the water unless I'm rinsing the front. I'm told I make faces when I face the water. :huh:

Don't fall for that old joke Joz. They just like seeing your butt vibrate on the pulse setting! :teeth:

Abbey Normal said:
ITA.

What about this kind of shower?

shower-A3219a_ls.jpg

It would certainly eliminate the whole front/back problem. The intensity of the water might be too dependent on gravity though. If that shower head can shoot it out with some power...it would do just fine.

There is an episode of Seinfeld during which Kramer purchases a shower head off the black market. He is told that it is used to wash elephants. When he steps in the shower the water nearly knocks him clear over. That is my kind of water pressure :banana:

The ClayTaurus said:
Getting clean? Shower.

I concur :)

Forum List

Back