How Do You Find Middle Ground With a Party That Has No Plan?’

Allowing businesses to function without constantly worrying about some agency shutting them down will do wonders.
Let the cavilling start. The GOP wants to pollute our waters and air, oh my!

Thank you. I was beginning to think Conservatives and Republicans were simply unable to discuss things like facts and such.
I've looked at the Ryan budget and find it woeful. It cuts a lot of social programs that the Right finds distateful, increases military spending and doesn't reduce the deficit - although it claims it does by eliminating loop-holes. Which loopholes? That's the problem. Ryan and the GOP don't define them and want us to believe and trust them when they say "Oh we'll figure it out later!".
What if the loopholes are the ones I get as a small business owner who hires 100% American workers? That's going to help us how? Seriously, this budget proposal is basically like saying "We'll reduce the deficit but it will take so long and we will glide by so many details, that by the time you realize we haven't kept any of our promises, three administrations will have come and gone!"

I mean look, don't get me wrong. I'm NOT saying the Dems budgeting skills are good. They're not.
The topic of this thread is what the GOP has accomplished or shown that merits your vote. So okay, there is a flaw in the Ryan budget but perhaps there are other things you like about it or that the GOP has accomplished?

No, yu keep trying to deflect to the GOP. That isn't answering the question.
The issue here is that Dems have no plan. Another "jobs" bill that offers temporary targeted tax cuts for employers does nothing. This has been tried and it failed.
What is the Dem plan to deal with the deficit? Let the Bush/Obama tax cuts expire and raise taxes enormously. We are sailing towards a cliff in Jan 2013 and the economy will go into a tailspin with all the new taxes coming on.
So the Dem solution to the budget deficit is to raise taxes.
Jobs? The Dem solution is to offer a failed strategy.
Trade? The Dem solution is to drag their feet until their union masters tell them it's ok to sign a trade pact.
Immigration? The Dem solution is to declare amnesty.
Terrorism? The Dem solution is to hold civilian trials in criminal courts for al Qaeda members. That's a fail.

The Democrats have no solutions, no plans for anythng. Every plan has been tried and failed. The Dems: The Party of No Ideas.

You contradict yourself. You claim the Dems have no plans or solutions, then you cite all the plans and solutions they have.
Whether or not you like them is irrelevant. They have proposed things that a lot of people like. I don't like all the things they have done or proposed but again, the point of the OP is proven false by you.
If it had been entitled "I dislike the plqns and solutions offered by the GOP, thusfar!", it would have been more accurate.
And yes, we anticipated you would cower from a thread that dealt in facts and substance. Not like that was a surprise.
It's cool. Stay here and on threads where fluff and petty insult are the most cerebrally challenging counterpoints you'll encounter. You'll fare much better.

Thank you. I was beginning to think Conservatives and Republicans were simply unable to discuss things like facts and such.
I've looked at the Ryan budget and find it woeful. It cuts a lot of social programs that the Right finds distateful, increases military spending and doesn't reduce the deficit - although it claims it does by eliminating loop-holes. Which loopholes? That's the problem. Ryan and the GOP don't define them and want us to believe and trust them when they say "Oh we'll figure it out later!".
What if the loopholes are the ones I get as a small business owner who hires 100% American workers? That's going to help us how? Seriously, this budget proposal is basically like saying "We'll reduce the deficit but it will take so long and we will glide by so many details, that by the time you realize we haven't kept any of our promises, three administrations will have come and gone!"

I mean look, don't get me wrong. I'm NOT saying the Dems budgeting skills are good. They're not.
The topic of this thread is what the GOP has accomplished or shown that merits your vote. So okay, there is a flaw in the Ryan budget but perhaps there are other things you like about it or that the GOP has accomplished?

The issue here is that Dems have no plan. Another "jobs" bill that offers temporary targeted tax cuts for employers does nothing. This has been tried and it failed.
What is the Dem plan to deal with the deficit? Let the Bush/Obama tax cuts expire and raise taxes enormously. We are sailing towards a cliff in Jan 2013 and the economy will go into a tailspin with all the new taxes coming on.
Trade? The Dem solution is to drag their feet until their union masters tell them it's ok to sign a trade pact.
Terrorism? The Dem solution is to hold civilian trials in criminal courts for al Qaeda members. That's a fail.

The Democrats have no solutions, no plans for anythng. Every plan has been tried and failed. The Dems: The Party of No Ideas.

You contradict yourself. You claim the Dems have no plans or solutions, then you cite all the plans and solutions they have.
Whether or not you like them is irrelevant. They have proposed things that a lot of people like. I don't like all the things they have done or proposed but again, the point of the OP is proven false by you.
If it had been entitled "I dislike the plqns and solutions offered by the GOP, thusfar!", it would have been more accurate.
And yes, we anticipated you would cower from a thread that dealt in facts and substance. Not like that was a surprise.
It's cool. Stay here and on threads where fluff and petty insult are the most cerebrally challenging counterpoints you'll encounter. You'll fare much better.
They have no plans or solutions. Everything they propose has either tried and failed or has no hope of passing.
The Dums are out of ideas, intellectually bankrupt.
btw, why are you called Independent Logic, since you are neither independent nor logical?

"Tax cuts" you mean tax credits doled out to whoever Obama thought worthy

So you're not going to find out which Republicans in your state got stimulus and what they spent it on? Why you guys always so afraid of "truth". It won't hurt you. Ignorance will.

Doesn't matter Republicans take government money too…. So? I Never said they weren't part of the problem, but the boondoggle is over. Obama could have send out a very large check to every adult and it would have been much more simulative to the economy than all the money wasted by Obama's failed so-called stimulus

Can't mail out tax cuts.

Besides, what are Republican plans? Just kidding. There aren't any.

They have no plans or solutions. Everything they propose has either tried and failed or has no hope of passing.
btw, why are you called Independent Logic, since you are neither independent nor logical?

Well I guess it depends on how you define Independent. I mean a completely ignorant whackjob would label someone Liberal or Democrat, whether or not that person strongly disagreed with a variety of LibDems positions. As long as someone didnt totally agree with all Conservative views, the ignorant whackjob would label them.
I'm curious. On what you your assertion that I am not Independent?

Well I guess it depends on how you define Independent. I mean a completely ignorant whackjob would label someone Liberal or Democrat, whether or not that person strongly disagreed with a variety of LibDems positions. As long as someone didnt totally agree with all Conservative views, the ignorant whackjob would label them.

Why are you deflecting from the discussion. Again.

Deflecting? Dude, do you hear that laughter? That would be all the Libs and Indies who see your weak posts. I've posted several plans and accomplishments of the DNC. You don't like them so you stomp you're little feeties, throw a tantrum and cry "No fair!". Well boo hoo. It's not my fault you're weak on facts and issue.
Then you label me as not being Independent (can you say 'deflecting") and I challenge you directly to prove whether you're right or just another ignorant whackjob. Of course you run from that like you run from a thread that asks for FACT about the GOP. I'm not going to call you a coward just because you run away a lot. I won't do that!
So you've been spanked like a school girl and you still have Zero.
Kinda like the GOP.
Which is why they seem to attract a lot of the same kind of posters.
Fortunately, there are a few here, who don't run away from facts or questions. Perhaps you could learn from people like us! Here, let me show you how to man up and answer a challenge directly.
You claim the Dems have no plans.
The Jobs Act is a "plan".
Whether or not you like it, it's still a plan. If you don't like apples, they are still apples.
There. The Dems have a plan.
See how men do that?
Okay, although your entertaining in a weird way, my work is done here. If you have any real substance about your party (LOL! Okay, just kidding!), you're welcome to come to a man's thread where there is more than mindless prattle from the cerebrally deficient.

Wow. That's even weaker than expected. And it's not like i expected you to come up with "Well the GOP has accomplished "X" and I find that certainly worth consideration." Not exactly your style, is it?
So okay, I took up Rabbi's challenge and posted a thread "What does the GOP have to offer?" We'll see if ConservaRepubs run to or from that post. That will tell much, won't it? Or whether Rabbi will stay away from a post that deals in specifics.
We'll see.

From the OP...
Senate Republicans forced votes on five budget proposals: one offered by Sen. Paul; one each offered by Sen. Pat Toomey (R-Pa.) and Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah); House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan’s (R-Wis.) proposal, and a measure modeled after President Obama’s budget, sponsored by Sen. Jeff Sessions (Ala.). .

Paul Ryan's plan....

Tax Reforms | A Roadmap for America's Future | The Budget Committee Republicans

Credit for hiring workers? The cost of doing business is not loopholes. Tax simplification and eliminating special deals mostly for big business, lower corporate taxes to bring more business and jobs back to this country and the topic of the thread is the Dems have no plan. No plan means no discussions, no attempts to fix any of our problems. Social Security needs reform, Medicare needs reform, and we need to increase our own energy production here, to create jobs and lower energy prices these are all in the Republicans plans

Deflecting? Dude, do you hear that laughter? That would be all the Libs and Indies who see your weak posts. I've posted several plans and accomplishments of the DNC. You don't like them so you stomp you're little feeties, throw a tantrum and cry "No fair!". Well boo hoo. It's not my fault you're weak on facts and issue.
Then you label me as not being Independent (can you say 'deflecting") and I challenge you directly to prove whether you're right or just another ignorant whackjob. Of course you run from that like you run from a thread that asks for FACT about the GOP. I'm not going to call you a coward just because you run away a lot. I won't do that!
Kinda like the GOP.
Fortunately, there are a few here, who don't run away from facts or questions. Perhaps you could learn from people like us! Here, let me show you how to man up and answer a challenge directly.
Whether or not you like it, it's still a plan. If you don't like apples, they are still apples.
See how men do that?
Okay, although your entertaining in a weird way, my work is done here. If you have any real substance about your party (LOL! Okay, just kidding!), you're welcome to come to a man's thread where there is more than mindless prattle from the cerebrally deficient.

The Jobs Act is not a plan. It's a piece of legislation. And it was passed. So it isn't a plan at all.
You really aren't very good at this reasoning shit, are you?

Again, what plan do the Dems have for dealing with high unemployment and a large deficit?

Kinda like the GOP.
See how men do that?

The Jobs Act is not a plan. It's a piece of legislation. And it was passed. So it isn't a plan at all.

Again, what plan do the Dems have for dealing with high unemployment and a large deficit?

A piece of legislation that led to the creation of jobs.

But you deflect.

The Republican plan is.....?

Kinda like the GOP.
See how men do that?

But you deflect.

No, actually it didnt. It is another failed piece of shit from the Democrats attempting to look like they're doing something.
Did you have a point here?

But you deflect.

No, actually it didnt. It is another failed piece of shit from the Democrats attempting to look like they're doing something.

Republicans Voting Against Stimulus Then Asked Obama for Money - Bloomberg

Feb. 22 (Bloomberg) -- Alabama Republicans Jo Bonner and Robert Aderholt took to the U.S. House floor in July, denouncing the Obama administration’s stimulus plan for failing to boost employment. “Where are the jobs?” each of them asked.

Over the next three months, Bonner and Aderholt tried at least five times to steer stimulus-funded transportation grants to Alabama on grounds that the projects would help create thousands of jobs.

They joined more than 100 congressional Republicans and several Democrats who, after voting against the stimulus bill, wrote Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood seeking money from $1.5 billion the plan set aside for local road, bridge, rail and transit grants. The $862 billion American Recovery and Reinvestment Act passed last year with no Republican votes in the House and three in the Senate.

-----------------------

You can find these stories in every state.

Now, prove what you said clown.

FP9399~ODM-Evil-Clown-Posters.jpg

But you deflect.

No, actually it didn't. It is another failed piece of shit from the Democrats attempting to look like they're doing something.

Republicans Voting Against Stimulus Then Asked Obama for Money - Bloomberg

Feb. 22 (Bloomberg) -- Alabama Republicans Jo Bonner and Robert Aderholt took to the U.S. House floor in July, denouncing the Obama administration’s stimulus plan for failing to boost employment. “Where are the jobs?” each of them asked.

Over the next three months, Bonner and Aderholt tried at least five times to steer stimulus-funded transportation grants to Alabama on grounds that the projects would help create thousands of jobs.

They joined more than 100 congressional Republicans and several Democrats who, after voting against the stimulus bill, wrote Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood seeking money from $1.5 billion the plan set aside for local road, bridge, rail and transit grants. The $862 billion American Recovery and Reinvestment Act passed last year with no Republican votes in the House and three in the Senate.
-----------------------

You can find these stories in every state.

Now, prove what you said clown.

FP9399~ODM-Evil-Clown-Posters.jpg

That one was funny :lol:
The Recovery and Reinvestment act passed with no republicans.
Membership as of last year.

435 Members
5 Delegates
1 Resident
Commissioner

Party Divisions

242 Republicans
190 Democrats
0 Independents
3 Vacancies

The OP is wrong. The Democrats have a plan:
1) Spend more money
2) Increase regulations across the board
3) Increase taxes to pay for it
4) Demonize opponents
5) Blame Bush
you forgot these.......
6) Create more dependents and wards of the state- they are the most reliable votes for Democrats
7) Demonize business
8) Punish success
9) Push for equality..of outcome
10) Destroy Capitalism

1) Spend more money
4) Demonize opponents
5) Blame Bush
you forgot these.......
6) Create more dependents and wards of the state- they are the most reliable votes for Democrats
7) Demonize business
8) Punish success
10) Destroy Capitalism

Nice true addition.

1) Spend more money
4) Demonize opponents
5) Blame Bush
you forgot these.......
7) Demonize business
8) Punish success
10) Destroy Capitalism

Nice true addition.

And yet corporate profits have never been so high. Funny how that works out, wouldn't you say?

you forgot these.......
7) Demonize business
8) Punish success
10) Destroy Capitalism

Nice true addition.

And yet corporate profits have never been so high. Funny how that works out, wouldn't you say?

Obama likes his own spiecial Corporations

Obama Backers Tied to Lobbies Raise Millions
Published: October 27, 2011

At least 15 of Mr. Obama’s “bundlers” — supporters who contribute their own money to his campaign and solicit it from others — are involved in lobbying for Washington consulting shops or private companies. They have raised more than $5 million so far for the campaign.

It’s a legitimate concern,” said Craig Holman, a registered lobbyist for Public Citizen, a nonpartisan ethics group in Washington. “The campaign has to draw the line somewhere, but the reality is that the president is still relying on wealthy special interests and embracing those people in his campaign.”

Take Sally Susman. An executive at the drug-maker Pfizer, she has raised more than $500,000 for the president’s re-election and helped organize a $35,800-a-ticket dinner that Mr. Obama attended in Manhattan in June. At the same time, she leads Pfizer’s powerful lobbying shop, and she has visited the White House four times since 2009 — twice on export issues.

But under the byzantine rules that govern federal lobbying, Ms. Susman has not registered with the Senate as a lobbyist.

Nor has David L. Cohen, who oversees lobbying at the Comcast Corporation and is also a member of Mr. Obama’s exclusive $500,000 bundling club.

At a June fund-raiser in the backyard of his Philadelphia home, Mr. Cohen hosted the president and some 120 guests who paid at least $10,000 each to attend; Mr. Obama called Mr. Cohen and his wife “great friends

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/28/u...ave-ties-to-lobbying.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

Oh I forgot Obama did have a "Jobs plan" tax the middle class more. all the dems didn't even support it The Dems "have no plan"

The Senate voted 51 to 48 on a procedural motion to begin debate on the bill. Despite falling short of the required 60 votes, Senate Democratic leaders were at least able to save Obama face by securing a simple majority of Democratic support.

Two Democrats, Sens. Ben Nelson (Neb.) and Jon Tester (Mont.), sided with Republicans in opposing the motion. A handful of other Democrats who had concerns with the bill, including Sens. Jim Webb (Va.) and Joe Manchin (W.Va.), voted to proceed to debate but with the understanding that they would have voted against the bill itself.

"The things I support in this bill are outweighed by the things I can't support," Tester said in a statement after the vote. "It is an expensive, temporary fix to a problem that needs a big, long-term solution."

Obama's bill was a mix of tax cuts and new spending aimed at spurring job creation in the short term. It included $270 billion in payroll tax cuts and other tax relief, along with $175 billion in new spending on roads, school repairs and other infrastructure projects, as well as an extension of unemployment benefits and aid to local governments to prevent impending teacher and police layoffs.

During floor remarks before the vote, Webb said he couldn't support the bill because of its proposal to offset costs by raising taxes on the wealthy. The bill includes a 5.6 percent surtax on households earning more than $1 million as a way to pay for the package. Obama's bill originally proposed raising taxes on people with an annual salary of $200,000, but Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) upped the income level to bring reluctant Democrats on board with the offset.

Obama Jobs Plan Voted Down By Senate

Forum List

Back