How do you feel about the DNC

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by daphillenium, Sep 13, 2012.

1. daphillenium

daphillenium Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I'm an independant that leans more to the left. Don't agree with all the things the DEMS do and say. I'm also a Christian.

Been seeing all over Facebook about the DEMS booing God and what not. Now I know the left has it's fair share of athiests and other religions besides Christianity.

The evangelicals and tea partiers have been saying the Democrats are against God now and all that.

As a Christian I'm torn on my reaction to what happened there.

I look at it one way and feel it was wrong to have the vote and to try to take God out of the "platform."

But then I look at it another way in which I know it's not fair to force my beliefs on those who don't believe what I do.

How does everyone else feel?

2. AmyNation

AmyNation Road Warrior Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,016
    I did not see the booing.

That being said, I don't think it was right to hold a vote and then force god on the dems. I presonally don't care if the dems have god in their platform enough.

I'm a big fan of seperation of church and state:)

3. theDoctorisIn

theDoctorisIn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,932
    Do you mean the DNC as in the Democratic National Committee, or the Democratic National Convention?

4. Truthseeker420

Truthseeker420 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,026
    They didn't boo god they booed the railroading of the platform process.

5. flacaltenn

flacaltenn USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,351
    And they clearly voted 3 times to refuse to restore the reference to God.. Regardless of the interpretation of what happened -- the DNC loses cred...

As far as the religious bent of DNC -- they seem intent on purging all religious reference in a vindictive type of way that agrees with their following. The picture is painted that people of faith are ignorant and dogmatic. Whereas THEIR membership is enlightened and open minded.

This springs naturally from secular humanism. The thought that drives most of the Progressive movement. That man alone is the legislator and grantor of rights and privileges. It's tied at the hip with today's LEFTIST leadership of the DNC..

I disagree with this because I appreciate the HUMILITY of the Founders who admitted that they were not GRANTING rights -- but that rights come from an unusurpable Higher Power. I find that ELEGANT, optomistic and refreshing. Because we all know how many times man has demonstrated a severe tendency to tyrannize a populace thru political dictates.

So while I'm NOT particularly observant. And I don't support EITHER party.. I do have a healthy respect for people of faith because they show that humility of being unfit to dictate to others.. This is the fountainhead of all those arguments about bigger versus smaller govt, about interfering in every trivial detail of our lives, etc, etc..

If I had to chose which foxhole to jump into -- I'd have to side with the humbler people of faith for that reason over the arrogant secular humanists who think they know better and think they ARE better.. It's hard times for ALL people of faith in the Dem camp. And the tent seems to me -- to be getting "progressively" smaller.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  6. Truthseeker420

Truthseeker420 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,026
    Yes, many Democrats like to keep their Church and State separate.

7. daphillenium

daphillenium Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I'd have to partly agree with you. I find it interesting that my family/friends associate me now as being against God because of all this. I try to remind them that they had to ask 3 times there. And each time it appeared about half and half. So it's clear that not all Dems feel that God should be taken out of it. Yeah there's athiests in our party, but that's their belief, not mine.

Like you said, it's sad that the leftist "leadership" paints all us left leaning folks as athiests and wanting to purge religion out of the country.

And yeah, I meant the convention.

8. Zander

Zander Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,882
    The hilarity ensues after Villaraigosa announces that "in the opinion of the chair 2/3 have voted in the affirmative" .....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cncbOEoQbOg]Amidst Boos And Multiple Votes, DNC Reverses Position And Reinstates Jerusalem - YouTube[/ame]

9. Zander

Zander Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,882
    and the teleprompter was already programmed. That's the "Chicago" way baby!!!

[​IMG]

10. AmyNation

AmyNation Road Warrior Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,016
    75% of our country are Christians. Democrats are by vast majority Christian. Not wanting god in your politics doesn't make anyone less Christian.