How do you feel about known gays/lesbians as teachers...

Gay/lesbian teachers can't keep their sexuality out of the classroom. Every orgasm is a teachable moment. If they could, this subject would never come up.

What does marriage have to do with anything I said?

And, no, I didn't know if my teachers were married or not. They were too busy talking about history, math, English, science, etc.

If they are married to someone, it makes it a lot easier to know if they are straight or gay. I knew which of my teachers was straight and which ones were gay. It did not effect my ability to learn in any way.
Gays can be married today, too.

And, I do know one of my teachers was married, now that I think of it. Her daughter was one of my best friends and I was often at their house.

What that has to do with educating me is still a mystery to me. It didn't affect me either.

So, what exactly is your issue with my thinking that an educator's personal life is irrelevant to my education? Their sexual preferences, their political preferences, boxers or briefs, what color car, their religion....

What does that have to do with education?

So you DID know your teacher's sexual "preference" and it didn't effect your education in the slightest. Good to know.

If they are married to someone, it makes it a lot easier to know if they are straight or gay. I knew which of my teachers was straight and which ones were gay. It did not effect my ability to learn in any way.

And, I do know one of my teachers was married, now that I think of it. Her daughter was one of my best friends and I was often at their house.

What that has to do with educating me is still a mystery to me. It didn't affect me either.

So, what exactly is your issue with my thinking that an educator's personal life is irrelevant to my education? Their sexual preferences, their political preferences, boxers or briefs, what color car, their religion....

So you DID know your teacher's sexual "preference" and it didn't effect your education in the slightest. Good to know.
Outside of the classroom, yes I did.

Now, perhaps you can answer my previous question to you: "So, what exactly is your issue with my thinking that an educator's personal life is irrelevant to my education? Their sexual preferences, their political preferences, boxers or briefs, what color car, their religion....

What does that have to do with education? "

Thanks.

Read "Conduct Unbecoming" by Randy Shilts and then come back and tell us what a wonderful policy the military had prior to and during DADT.

I was in the military at that time, prior to DADT. Worked just fine as far as I was concerned.

It isn't about "you". It's about the mission.

Slavery worked fine for the slave owner too...doesn't mean it was a good "program" now does it?

I love it when straight people say "there was nothing wrong with DADT or the policies prior to that". Well, there was if you were gay.

Again, the military isn't about you. It's about it's ability to perform it's mission.

I was hardly a slave owner when I was in... I was an NCO who had a problem soldier who was as queer as a square donut who caused nothing but disciplinary issues. The time the MP's woke me up at 3 AM because he was at the infirmary because he groped some guys in the enlisted club and they beat the shit out of him was particularly memorable.

Today, we'd send those guys in for "tolerance training".

Ugh.

And the thing is, we didn't discharge him. We told him he'd better straighten up his act or he was done. Which he did until they discharged him on a medical due to his HIV turning into full blown AIDS.

Now, if you were to ask me about gay marriage, or any other civil rights issue like that, I'd be totally on your side. this is different. This is using the military to promote a political agenda where it has no place.

Last edited:

I went to a Catholic school, and it was well known all the nuns were lesbians...

...in the K-12 school system? Should they be banned or accepted in the K-12 program of education? Do you believe that there is discrimination towards the LGBT community in general? Just curious here as the military seems to be dropping it's long held reservation about accepting people into their ranks that are known to be in the alternative lifestyles. Does the military acceptance of queers/lesbians make those in the alternative lifestyles more acceptable to you?
Banned. By the way, homosexuality is not a lifestyle, it is a perverted sexual preference.

Now, perhaps you can answer my previous question to you: "So, what exactly is your issue with my thinking that an educator's personal life is irrelevant to my education? Their sexual preferences, their political preferences, boxers or briefs, what color car, their religion....

Thanks.

There is no difference in education whether knowing or not knowing. Gays and lesbians shouldn't have to hide who they are in order to teach. They should not have to fear for their jobs if someone does find out. We didn't need DADT in our military and we certainly don't need it in education.

Quick question
How many pedophiles have homosexual or bi-sexual tendencies? Does anyone have the true numbers on this nothing right leaning or left leaning.

I went to a Catholic school, and it was well known all the nuns were lesbians...

Aha! Now I know why Julie Andrews was my first and most enduring crush...

sound-of-music-maria-nun-julie-andrews.jpg

Thanks.

There is no difference in education whether knowing or not knowing. Gays and lesbians shouldn't have to hide who they are in order to teach. They should not have to fear for their jobs if someone does find out. We didn't need DADT in our military and we certainly don't need it in education.
When did I ever say someone should lose their job?

:confused:

I'm asking how it - personal preferences in sex, or religion, or politics, or type of underware, etc. - is relevant to educating. And, I still don't have an answer.

Quick question
How many pedophiles have homosexual or bi-sexual tendencies? Does anyone have the true numbers on this nothing right leaning or left leaning.

Do some reading...

What is Pedophilia

Pedophiles and their Characteristics

I was thinking more along the lines of arrest numbers.. How pedophiles have been charged with sexual assault on the same sex.

That's why I told you to educate yourself. That guy that molested all those boys at Penn State was a heterosexual. It isn't about the sex of the child, it is often about the pre-pubescence of the child. It is also often about ACCESS.

One of the links I provided you gave numbers...11 to 1 heterosexual over homosexual.

People are free to follow whatever career path they choose... homosexuals are not a predatory group for children...

BUT... that being said.. if teachers are prevented from sharing beliefs in religion and the associated lifestyle, etc... they should then also be prevented from sharing beliefs in this lifestyle... you don't get your cake and eat it too

I was thinking more along the lines of arrest numbers.. How pedophiles have been charged with sexual assault on the same sex.

That's why I told you to educate yourself. That guy that molested all those boys at Penn State was a heterosexual. It isn't about the sex of the child, it is often about the pre-pubescence of the child. It is also often about ACCESS.

One of the links I provided you gave numbers...11 to 1 heterosexual over homosexual.
Considering that homosexuals comprise about 10% of the population, that 11 to 1 seems about right.

People are free to follow whatever career path they choose... homosexuals are not a predatory group for children...

BUT... that being said.. if teachers are prevented from sharing beliefs in religion and the associated lifestyle, etc... they should then also be prevented from sharing beliefs in this lifestyle... you don't get your cake and eat it too

Except for the fact that teachers are NOT prevented from sharing their religious beliefs. A teacher who tells the class they are Jewish or Catholic or Buddhist, etc. don't lose their jobs.

Forum List

Back