How do you feel about known gays/lesbians as teachers...

BOBO

The Magnificent!
Jun 24, 2011
Spokane area
...in the K-12 school system? Should they be banned or accepted in the K-12 program of education? Do you believe that there is discrimination towards the LGBT community in general? Just curious here as the military seems to be dropping it's long held reservation about accepting people into their ranks that are known to be in the alternative lifestyles. Does the military acceptance of queers/lesbians make those in the alternative lifestyles more acceptable to you?

I thought you people were supposed to be teaching your kids not to be afraid of gay people so what does it matter if a teacher is gay?

...in the K-12 school system? Should they be banned or accepted in the K-12 program of education? Do you believe that there is discrimination towards the LGBT community in general? Just curious here as the military seems to be dropping it's long held reservation about accepting people into their ranks that are known to be in the alternative lifestyles. Does the military acceptance of queers/lesbians make those in the alternative lifestyles more acceptable to you?
It's their business with whom they prefer to sleep. As long as they keep their personal business out of the classroom, I see no problem. Heterosexuals as well. It's not an appropriate topic for math, reading, science, history, civics, etc..

Nope not at all,as long as they don't wear their sexuality on their sleeve and teach anything but the schools curriculum ,nope no problems.

Just curious? If the teacher did not bring their sexual preference into class how did some of you make the comment " some of the best teachers I knew were gay"

Personally I have never known what any of my teachers, instructors or professors were sexually speaking, as THEY never brought it up.

I think some of these nutters are suggesting that it is OK to have gay teachers as long as nobody knows they are gay. What an original concept. Maybe they should try something like that in the military?
Let us know where personal sexual habits is an appropriate topic for math, science, reading, civics, etc.

Thanks.

I think some of these nutters are suggesting that it is OK to have gay teachers as long as nobody knows they are gay. What an original concept. Maybe they should try something like that in the military?

Actually, the military had a good system prior to 1980.

It was left to the discretion of unit commanders if the service members behavior was a problem.

That kept guys from using "gay" as a "get out of the Army free" card while allowing them the latitude to get rid of real problem children.

After 1980, they introduced a "no tolerance" policy that was largely ignored unless guys wanted to get out and outed themselves (or claimed to be gay to get out when they found out there weren't any color TV's like their recruiters said there would be) or were real serious problems, such as harrassing straight service members.

DADT really did nothing to change things, because that was kind of the defacto policy before then.

Now the yardbirds can't get out and the problem children will have to find other excuses to get rid of them.

Let us know where personal sexual habits is an appropriate topic for math, science, reading, civics, etc.

Thanks.

Shhhhhh.... schools aren't for that math and science stuff. It's for indoctrination.

Last edited:

Thanks.

How is knowing they are gay knowing their "personal sexual habits" exactly? Growing up I knew which of my teachers was married. Does that constitute knowing their "personal sexual habits"? I know which of my children's teachers are married and I know who their spouses are. Are they flaunting their sexuality?

Thanks.

How is knowing they are gay knowing their "personal sexual habits" exactly? Growing up I knew which of my teachers was married. Does that constitute knowing their "personal sexual habits"? I know which of my children's teachers are married and I know who their spouses are. Are they flaunting their sexuality?

B-b-but....

Thanks.

Knowing a teacher's personal sexual preferences has nothing to do with learning reading, math, science, civics, etc. Absolutely nothing to do with it. Knowing their personal political views has nothing to do with it, either.

It's a simple fact, yet it seems it's offensive to you.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back