How do you feel about Indianas "Religious Freedom" bill?

I personally feel mixed but it could be put to good use in discriminating against other faiths that are false. I could refuse service towards methodists because i disagree with baby baptism. I could discriminate against jews because of their background. It opens up so many possibilities. Conservatives and liberals how to you feel about it?

Redundant at best. Supposedly there's already a Federal version. So the only reason to have a State version is if it let's them do things the Federal one does not.

Shouldn't even have the Federal version in my opinion because 'Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion.' The concern isn't even homosexual or racial discrimination so much as what happens when some cult wants to assert their cult-religious rights? Gonna let people have sex with children because their religion says that's okay? Use cannabis like the Rastafarian one says? Take 5 breaks at work to pray like Islam says?

What about hospitals, many of which are religious? Can they begin to refuse to treat sinners or even admit them?

Wanna be religious hey that's swell, you go do that. But the law and government shouldn't be in the business of protecting religious expression. That's on you and your church. Open the door to government defining and enabling religous expressions, where does it end?
Yeh, I think so. Religious expression and I think an influence of religion over society, politics, economy should be normalized.

What the Indiana Law Actually Says

Let's ignore the predictable atheist and LGBT rants and get down to the facts. Here's the law:

[That] government entities in the state “may substantially burden a person’s exercise of religion” only “in the furtherance of a compelling government interest[]” and using “the least restrictive means of furthering that compelling government interest.”...

The full text of the law can be read @ http://www.indianahouserepublicans.com/clientuploads/PDF/RFRA/SEA101 RFRA Law.pdf

How do you feel about Indianas "Religious Freedom" bill?

It allows businesses to legally discriminate based on religion and is called the exact opposite of what it really is.

I'm against sharia law.

Period.
???/....aren't you promoting sharia law?......."bake gaycakes because that's what we believe you should do or we will put you out of business"
Its is kinda funny,they run around in a circle barking at something,they just don't get it ,that something is their own tail.

Let's ignore the predictable atheist and LGBT rants and get down to the facts. Here's the law:

[That] government entities in the state “may substantially burden a person’s exercise of religion” only “in the furtherance of a compelling government interest[]” and using “the least restrictive means of furthering that compelling government interest.”...

The full text of the law can be read @ http://www.indianahouserepublicans.com/clientuploads/PDF/RFRA/SEA101 RFRA Law.pdf

Thank you. I was about to go out to read the bill. I really don't see a thing in this bill I would object to.

I would be interested in what the actual objectionable section is, if people could point it out.

Thank you. I was about to go out to read the bill. I really don't see a thing in this bill I would object to.

I would be interested in what the actual objectionable section is, if people could point it out.

There's nothing to object to! It's just another BS rant by leftists and atheists.

You see just who the intolerant people are. they run around wailing and wishing hurt on people who lives in a state. THEY DON'T even live in...

all these freaks from San Fransicko, now Seatte mayor and the ugly intolerant beat goes on and on

The over 200 Christian churches within a 10 miles radius of me wasn't pretty indicative of religious freedom already existing? The 1st Amendment? The Federal Religious Freedom bill. Now every state needs one too so religions can do what exactly? What couldn't they already do that they weren't free to do before but discriminate?

Can't wait to start seeing the Protestant owned businesses' "No Papists" signs. :)

Not as far-fetched as it seems. There WAS a time in this country where sections of the country were virulenty against the Catholic church.

When the USA took over California from Mexico, the first governor was going to declare that the Catholic church did not have the right to regain control of their missions. He was thwarted when President Lincoln declared they were the property of the Catholic church before he could.

A side not, it was that same same, Governor Burnett, who was responsible for having all the Indians rounded up and put on reservations. Something the Catholic friars never did.

Forum List

Back