How do you feel about death?

Still obfuscating and attempting to twist my words, I see.

Anything that can be measured, exists. Anything that cannot, doesn't.

It's not rocket science, and I won't fall for your ruse.

Love, hate, fear, lust... none can be measured, yet all exist.

Of course they can be measured. You can love/hate/fear/lust after somebody a little or a lot. Nice try at taking the discussion off course, though.

I'll tell you what...prove to me scientifically that your wife / kids / parents, whomever, love you...then quantify exactly how much...scientifically.

Scientific method - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LOL...they have no proof Dark Matter even exists.

It's a variable that, when plugged into the equation "why is the universe still expanding" explains why.

Nothing more.

That is why "measured" is in quotations.

It could just as easily be another explanation, and "dark matter" will join "Aether of space" as a scientific taboo, never to be uttered in polite company again.

Love, hate, fear, lust... none can be measured, yet all exist.

Of course they can be measured. You can love/hate/fear/lust after somebody a little or a lot. Nice try at taking the discussion off course, though.

I'll tell you what...prove to me scientifically that your wife / kids / parents, whomever, love you...then quantify exactly how much...scientifically.

Easy peasy. Ask them. You're not questioning the existence of it, so anything else you want to split hairs over is irrelevant.

Last edited:

Easy peasy. Ask them. You're not questioning the existence of it, so anything else you want to split hairs over is irrelevant.

Therefore, if someone feels the presence of God in their lives, just ask them how much and you can measure it...ergo, it exists.

Easy peasy.

It's a subject people don't like to talk about, but does it scare you, do you thinks there's anything after?

When I take my final step into eternal darkness I will go with the comfort that meeting me on the other side won't be a bright white light but the sounds of my beloved pets that have taken that step before me . Their barks and their meows will let me know that I'm finally home free of the misery called life .

Everything we know to be true does not have parameters or any known way to prove them.

Stop obfuscating, my point was about existence, which is objective. Not the "truth" of scenarios which are subjective.

Save your pedantics for the masses.
USMB and the internet is for the masses, House. And you should cut Foxfyre some slack. She keeps a lot of back and forth conversations going around here. ;)

Don't you like to talk and find out what other people think about any given subject, then negotiate a middle ground? Or you a "my way or the highway" kind of guy? You're a little new here, aren't you?

Therefore, if someone feels the presence of God in their lives, just ask them how much and you can measure it...ergo, it exists.

Easy peasy.

I never questioned the existence of fantasy, silly.

Everything we know to be true does not have parameters or any known way to prove them.

Stop obfuscating, my point was about existence, which is objective. Not the "truth" of scenarios which are subjective.

Save your pedantics for the masses.
USMB and the internet is for the masses, House. And you should cut Foxfyre some slack. She keeps a lot of back and forth conversations going around here. ;)

Don't you like to talk and find out what other people think about any given subject, then negotiate a middle ground? Or you a "my way or the highway" kind of guy? You're a little new here, aren't you?

Bullshit for bullshit's sake? Not a fan, sorry.

Easy peasy.

I never questioned the existence of fantasy, silly.

Cop out.

I used the same proof you used to prove your wife loves you.

Either both can be measured, or neither...and either way your premise is flawed.

Losing both parents, a brother, friends, relatives to death made me feel pretty crappy.
Worse, I'm sure, than my own death will make me feel.

I don't want anyone to bum out when I'm gone. That would make me feel crappy even in death. :D

Why are people so terrified of death?

Why?

It will come... terrified or not it will come ...GEEZ ...get over it!

There really isn't such a thing as not begin afraid of death, everyone is but it varies as how afraid they are. Some people are 20/100 scared, 50/100, etc. I used to think I wouldn't be afraid of death, but when I went overseas and I witnessed a couple airstrikes and a drone strike in the Gaza Strip I had this really weird feeling, it was a little feeling of fear, and it's not a good feeling being in a war zone. But, I heard more later on and it became a normal thing for me. I also will say I do believe in God, and I really can't speculate what will happen, but I know that God relieves you from fear and puts you on the right path to eternal life. It's not a 1 day process, it's forever until you die. And I would also say, there have been some people in Gaza who when dead were smiling.

Forum List

Back