How Do You Address a Divorced Woman? (not humor)

jillian said:
Bite me!

BTW, I told my son that some guy on a messageboard said he doesn't know he's loved because I work. He laughed, rolled his eyes and asked if you had kids. I said I didn't think so.

He said to tell you that if you think he doesn't know he's loved, then you probably wouldn't know how to show love to your own child. LOL...

Man, I adore my kid. :)

Well jillian, your kid is not large enough sample size to make a definitive statement either way. I'd suggest you read further on the issue. I can't argue with someone I have to educate. What fun is that?

rtwngAvngr said:
Well jillian, your kid is not large enough sample size to make a definitive statement either way. I'd suggest you read further on the issue. I can't argue with someone I have to educate. What fun is that?

I think, like most things with parenting in an imperfect world, you have to know your own kid. I'm not going to say that I don't know women who can't wait to drop off their kids, I do. I'm just not one of them and my son knows it.

By the same token, there are stay-at-home moms who hand their kid an X-Box or somesuch and let them play it all day long so they don't have to interact.

rtwngAvngr said:
Add mine to the list. She was in day care too..as little as possible but she was there. She is fine.

mom4 said:
In correspondence, what is the proper address for a divorced woman? Mrs. Miss. Ms. ???

Help!

Haven't read through all the pages, but how about her first name?

Mr. P said:
Add mine to the list. She was in day care too..as little as possible but she was there. She is fine.

That you know of. at some subconscious level there may be a seed of doubt. Perhaps this slight torture is what makes kids internalize the empty values of their two income parents. Satan's victory will seem complete until jesus comes.

dilloduck said:
You're eating too much ice cream. It's causing brain-freeze.

I believe we've been talking about the undermining & the treatment of women.
What I meant by that statement is:

If a child should come home from school and say, "Hey mom, so & so asked me to stay all night. Can I? They're leaving to go to xxxx now so I gotta know. Can I?"
I think a mother should be able to make that call without having to wait until Daddy gets home to give the child permission. One, as I said before this is a partnership. Two, Mommy should already know what Daddy would say & make decisions accordingly.

Forum List

Back