How Do You Address a Divorced Woman? (not humor)

rtwngAvngr said:
Wow. Case in point. See joz? It was and always has been the family hating feminists who judged/judge homemakers?

Turning back the clock? You're sad, Jillian.

I think youse got comprehension problems, dude. I adore my son. He's my favorite person on the planet. So how does the fact that a woman expects to be an equal equate to "family-hating"?

And thanks, but I'm far from sad. I have a great life (knock wood). Can you say the same? So....:finger:

jillian said:
I think youse got comprehension problems, dude. I adore my son. He's my favorite person on the planet. So how does the fact that a woman expects to be an equal equate to "family-hating"?

And thanks, but I'm far from sad. I have a great life. Can you say the same? So....:finger:

Quit destroying society with your lies.

dilloduck said:
You know where you can put that violin.
rtwngAvngr said:
Not by men, but by feminists.
Mr. P said:
What he said.
I know who's behind it. And it has put men in a different role as well. But not nearly as badly as women. And I will reiterate; men need to find their balls and become men again.
But you can't honestly sit there and say women have been fairly respected by men. If men had done their job, so many women wouldn't have bought into all this bullsh*t. It can sound r-e-a-l good.
jillian said:
I don't think the point was to "poo-poo" motherhood......Why would you want to see the clock turned back and women once again not be taken seriously in business?
I have had about 4 hrs. sleep and am off to another gig this morning. There 's much here I want to talk about but it'll have to wait til tonight. But I promise I'll get back to you.

Joz said:
You know where you can put that violin.

I know who's behind it. And it has put men in a different role as well. But not nearly as badly as women. And I will reiterate; men need to find their balls and become men again.
But you can't honestly sit there and say women have been fairly respected by men. If men had done their job, so many women wouldn't have bought into all this bullsh*t. It can sound r-e-a-l good.
I have had about 4 hrs. sleep and am off to another gig this morning. There 's much here I want to talk about but it'll have to wait til tonight. But I promise I'll get back to you.

Have a baby a stay home !!!!!! Adopt if you must!!!!! Why are you not doing what you're best at?

Joz said:
Oh sure, blame the men. :slap: News...with yer independence comes responsibility.:)

Joz, so you admit it's the feminists behind all this, yet you still blame men. Sorry, that's f-ed up.

Joz said:

I'm looking forward to hearing what you have to say. Mind you, I am in no way denigrating anyone's choice to be a stay-at-home mom. It's just that my ability to make other choices was hard won.

jillian said:
I'm looking forward to hearing what you have to say. Mind you, I am in no way denigrating anyone's choice to be a stay-at-home mom. It's just that my ability to make other choices was hard won.
Like Pennoyer v. Neff, hard won?;)

rtwngAvngr said:
Joz, so you admit it's the feminists behind all this, yet you still blame men. Sorry, that's f-ed up.
Listen carefully.
jillian said:
I don't think the point was to "poo-poo" motherhood. I think the idea was that women should have options. While I respect the choice of my friends who are stay-at-home moms, it wasn't ever something I wanted and I don't see where my son has suffered one iota for it.

I don't think having a child means I have to wait for someone else to give me money or veto my decisions because he's paying the way. And, truth, now my friends who stayed home have kids who are older and they're bored out of their minds but have no entry back into the workplace because they aren't marketable any longer due to the time they've taken off. Now they've got another 40 years or so (if they're lucky) to try to readapt.

Why would you want to see the clock turned back and women once again not be taken seriously in business?

Jillian, I do not want to see the clock turned back. But I think women need to understand better what their role is.
When a woman decides to have a child she accepts the responsibility of teaching another human being to be a God-fearing, independant, productive to society, kind human being. Giving birth and then passing this job onto some daycare is wrong. Please understand, that I am all too aware of circumstances that require a woman to have to leave her child in another's care. But the person she chooses should be sought out with much prayer.

In this day & age an education is needed to get a job flipping burgers. Wise is the woman who gets an education. And during the years she takes rearing her children she should still keep herself educated & informed, throught classes, volunteering and even a job. But her first & foremost job should be the child(ren) Then when her children are old enough she can enter the work force with a vengence.

That could work and has. But in today's society, in some instances, it takes 2 paychecks to live. But that's different than having the most beautiful house with the newest car & a boat & a......... We seem to have lost our priorities.

And any man that doles out money or "vetoes" a woman's decisions while she's running a house & caring for the children is an Asshole; there's no other way to say it. He needs to get his act together through counselling & prayer.

Which brings me to you RW. You argue the ins & outs of certain Bible passages. You might want to study on this. Women are to be respected. That's not the way things have always gone, even in Biblical times. She has been considered a servant, a possession, nothing more than a means as an outlet for the man. THAT'S what's f-ed up.
Men have failed to be the fathers & husbands God intended; they have not been the spiritual leaders of their families. They have abused their status, not viewing his wife as his equal, his helper, comforter, lover. He forgets how tired she can be at the end of the day, as molding a life can be tedious work. He was made physically stronger than her for a reason. He could give a bath or read a story. For a woman that can rest & repair is a value to both her husband & children. There's nothing worse than a tired nag.

Marriage is one of the stablizing foundations of our society. So by the mere fact that men have shirked their responsibility, it has been easy for Satan, by any means he can, (yes, feminists) to attack the marriage and family. Men & women, divided & conquered.

And dillo, I was a stay-at-home mom. There were many, many sacrifices on both the part of my husband & me. I am sorry for alot of things in my life. That is and never will be, one of them.

Joz said:
Listen carefully.

Jillian, I do not want to see the clock turned back. But I think women need to understand better what their role is.
When a woman decides to have a child she accepts the responsibility of teaching another human being to be a God-fearing, independant, productive to society, kind human being. Giving birth and then passing this job onto some daycare is wrong. Please understand, that I am all too aware of circumstances that require a woman to have to leave her child in another's care. But the person she chooses should be sought out with much prayer.

In this day & age an education is needed to get a job flipping burgers. Wise is the woman who gets an education. And during the years she takes rearing her children she should still keep herself educated & informed, throught classes, volunteering and even a job. But her first & foremost job should be the child(ren) Then when her children are old enough she can enter the work force with a vengence.

That could work and has. But in today's society, in some instances, it takes 2 paychecks to live. But that's different than having the most beautiful house with the newest car & a boat & a......... We seem to have lost our priorities.

And any man that doles out money or "vetoes" a woman's decisions while she's running a house & caring for the children is an Asshole; there's no other way to say it. He needs to get his act together through counselling & prayer.

Which brings me to you RW. You argue the ins & outs of certain Bible passages. You might want to study on this. Women are to be respected. That's not the way things have always gone, even in Biblical times. She has been considered a servant, a possession, nothing more than a means as an outlet for the man. THAT'S what's f-ed up.
Men have failed to be the fathers & husbands God intended; they have not been the spiritual leaders of their families. They have abused their status, not viewing his wife as his equal, his helper, comforter, lover. He forgets how tired she can be at the end of the day, as molding a life can be tedious work. He was made physically stronger than her for a reason. He could give a bath or read a story. For a woman that can rest & repair is a value to both her husband & children. There's nothing worse than a tired nag.

Marriage is one of the stablizing foundations of our society. So by the mere fact that men have shirked their responsibility, it has been easy for Satan, by any means he can, (yes, feminists) to attack the marriage and family. Men & women, divided & conquered.

And dillo, I was a stay-at-home mom. There were many, many sacrifices on both the part of my husband & me. I am sorry for alot of things in my life. That is and never will be, one of them.

We don't disagree on much. I have pesonally never been disrespectful to women, personally. Except maybe slightly, as a joke, to get under your skin a little! (btw, I like how you flipped the "casserole" remark back on me!)

Our main point of agreement is that feminism was designed to destroy our families by making women uppity!

Joz said:

I think where our disagreement is lies in the fact that I don't see my "role" as being particularly different from my husband's. We both work. We both spend as much time with the boy as we can. I see what you seem to perceive as role-reversal as an acknowledgement that we're equally capable home and in the work place, as are men. On the other hand, I think we're equally capable as parents, too. I think a lot of this has to do with, perhaps, different life experiences. I saw my grandmother move in with my family because she was incapable of caring for herself after my mom's dad passed away. I never wanted to be in that position.

We were very, very careful about who we picked to sit for Z when he was little. Admittedly, we were very lucky because the woman who watched him while we were at work loved him and still comes to visit him to this day. Also, when he was 2 1/2, we put him in daycare where he made friends, socialized and had a great time. Again, we were very, very careful about where we chose to send him and made sure it was a nurturing environment.

That said, when Z was about 7, it became clear to me that I couldn't run my own practice and be a good lawyer and a good parent. He started complaining that I was always getting phone calls, etc. That's when I decided to give up my practice and go to work for someone else, but in an environment where I have normal hours, don't bring my work home, don't get calls at all hours of the day and night and have real vacation time.

Again, I have nothing but respect for people who choose to stay home, but I also had to know what was right for me since having an unhappy mother wouldn't have benefitted my son.

On the other hand, I know more than a few stay-at-home moms who look down on women who work. I don't see that from you (just so you know) but I didn't appreciate that much since, thankfully, so far so good and I'm very happy with the person I'm raising. Of course, he's young, but we have to hope for the best no matter what.

What I'm seeing from my friends who stayed home is that is very, very difficult, if not impossible. Just what I've observed.

To a degree, I'm sure that's correct. On the other hand, in most places, you really can't get by on one paycheck. And, as I said, I wouldn't choose to, probably, even if I could.

You have far more faith in both than I do, perhaps. ;)

The truth is that money is power, even in relationships, and even if people don't mean for that to happen. I'm not saying what works for me would work for everyone. It's just my opinion.

You care to elaborate on that a bit for me ? Sounds like whoever is the bread winner shouldn't be involved in decision making and if they try they are bad.

jillian said:
I Also, when he was 2 1/2, we put him in daycare where he made friends, socialized and had a great time. Again, we were very, very careful about where we chose to send him and made sure it was a nurturing environment.

Daycare is an abomination. No stranger gives your child the love he needs. The feminazis and family destroying totalitarians suppress information like this, usually.

http://apt.allenpress.com/aptonline...&issn=1097-8003&volume=015&issue=04&page=0239
Full-time daycare for infants and toddlers is stressful. This negative state is induced by perception of maternal rejection and abandonment, lack of an ongoing empathic dyadic relationship with the mother, and having to interact with multiple caregivers. The lack of empathic care the children are experiencing creates a growth-inhibiting environment that produces immature, physiologically undifferentiated orbital affect regulatory systems and parcellation of corticolimbic circuitries. Daycare stress is activating each child’s hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis on a daily basis causing a persistent overproduction of corticotropin-release factor (CRF) and an ongoing release of abnormally high levels of stress hormones such as cortisol and the catecholamines, hormones that may disrupt the neurobiological maturation of the developing brain and destroy brain cells. These stress-induced impairments are implicated in an enduring vulnerability to various later-forming psychiatric disorders such as depression, chronic anxiety, attachment disorders, dissociative disorders, learning disorders, and attention deficit-hyperactivity (ADHD). The empathic dyadic attachment and secure attachment needed for the experience-dependent maturation of the regulatory system in the orbital prefrontal cortex may not be possible in a full-time daycare setting. The infants and toddlers in daycare often develop insecure-avoidant attachment or non-attachment disorders.

jillian said:
And how many kids have you raised? Blah blah blah!:boohoo:

That's irrelevant.

Your kid complained when he was old enough to. Don't slake your guilt on me.

I have no guilt. I'm actually pretty good at the mom thing and my husband is good at the dad thing.

I adapted when he needed me to BECAUSE I'm attuned to him. Frankly, knock wood, my boy is doing just fine....loving, warm, well-mannered, voracious reader, totally secure, a black belt in Tae Kwon Do at 7, plays piano, reads at a about a 9th or 10th grade level, excels in a gifted/talented class, has lots of friends and spends plenty of time with mom and dad doting on him.

He does just fine. Thanks for your er...concern.

And yeah...it's relevant, because I know what has negative and positive impact on my son. You're reading articles that tell you absolutely nothing.

Man, you are a really angry person. :scratch:

jillian said:
I have no guilt. I adapted when he needed me to. Frankly, knock wood, my boy is doing just fine....loving, warm, well-mannered, voracious reader, totally secure, a black belt in Tae Kwon Do at 7, plays piano, reads at a about a 9th or 10th grade level, has lots of friends and spends plenty of time with mom and dad doting on him.

He does just fine. Thanks for your er...concern.

And yeah...it's relevant, because I know what has negative and positive impact on my son. You're reading articles that tell you absolutely nothing.

Man, you are a really angry person. :scratch:

Maybe all those achievements will fill the hole in his heart.

Don't project onto me, lady. You're overcome with anger that your she-power agenda is actually quite anti-human.

rtwngAvngr said:
Maybe all those achievements will fill the hole in his heart.

Don't project onto me, lady. You're overcome with anger that your she-power agenda is actually quite anti-human.

LOL! I don't HAVE to project. You're a misogynist. That comes across pretty clearly. And my boy has no holes in his heart. Again, thanks for your concern. :321::teeth:

dilloduck said:
You care to elaborate on that a bit for me ? Sounds like whoever is the bread winner shouldn't be involved in decision making and if they try they are bad.
I don't know how you got that from what I said but I'll give a stab at an explanation.

A marriage is a partnership, each with their particular roles. And these roles overlap with the ebb & flow of a relationship. Can you imagine a father not feeding his children when the mother is sick, throwing her guts up, because mommy fixes the meals?

When a couple decide that Daddy will go to a job and bring home money while Mommy stays home to care for the home and family, Daddy should not become a tyrant and expect Mommy to have to ask if she can buy herself a candybar. Nor if she allows the child to spend the night with his friend should she have to ask Daddy permission. Or if the kid needs his ass whipped, do it. Not say, "Wait til your father gets home". Just because a mother's job doesn't produce an income does not make it any less important.

Forum List

Back