How Do You Address a Divorced Woman? (not humor)

jillian said:
That's cause men don't leave until they have some other woman to take care of them. :teeth:
I don't really think it's "take care" of em they're looking for, but that's a matter of opinion of what IS the definition of "take care" of IS, I guess.:)

jillian said:
That's cause men don't leave until they have some other woman to take care of them. :teeth:

At least that makes sense. Women leave for an abstract concept that doesn't exist.

dilloduck said:
Where's Joz??? She loves a good gender war !!!:rotflmao:
You were hoping I didn't find this, huh?

rtwngAvngr said:
At least that makes sense. Women leave for an abstract concept that doesn't exist.
Such as?
Women are the ones that bring civility to the human race. If it weren't for us, you'd still be gun-slingers shooting people in the streets.

Joz said:

Such as?
Women are the ones that bring civility to the human race. If it weren't for us, you'd still be gun-slingers shooting people in the streets.

OK dammit---who blabbed !!!:death:

Joz said:

Such as?
Yer failing, check the crime rates.:)

Mr. P said:
Yer failing, check the crime rates.:)
Yes, and that is because women have had their roles of mothering taken from them. We are told, as is our daughters, that we are suppose to have balls just like a man, in order to survive in a man's world. We are told that we can do anything a man can do and better which you know is not the case. And we're told that we can screw around without consequences, which the epidemic levels of STDs, prove that to be false. We were the civilizing counterpart. Yep, we've come a long way baby.

Joz said:
Yes, and that is because women have had their roles of mothering taken from them. We are told, as is our daughters, that we are suppose to have balls just like a man, in order to survive in a man's world. We are told that we can do anything a man can do and better which you know is not the case. And we're told that we can screw around without consequences, which the epidemic levels of STDs, prove that to be false. We were the civilizing counterpart. Yep, we've come a long way baby.

Who the hell is telling you all this crap?

dilloduck said:
Who the hell is telling you all this crap?
Pick up any woman's magazine & you'll find at least one article dedicated to the de-feminizing of women. Unisex specifically comes to mind.

Joz said:
You just proved it yerself "we've come a long way baby". Remember the "I can bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan" one...Women have done this to themselves, no one else. Ya got what ya wanted, now Deal with it.:)

Mr. P said:
You just proved it yerself "we've come a long way baby". Remember the "I can bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan" one...Women have done this to themselves, no one else. Ya got what ya wanted, now Deal with it.:)
Yeah, I remember. And if men had treated women with the respect they deserved, treated them as an equal, they wouldn't have had to fight so hard to get to vote or hold a job. Teaching & guiding a child is the highest calling of a woman. But the idea of that was poo-pooed. Now the pedulum has swung too far the other direction.

Joz said:
Yeah, I remember. And if men had treated women with the respect they deserved, treated them as an equal, they wouldn't have had to fight so hard to get to vote or hold a job. Teaching & guiding a child is the highest calling of a woman. But the idea of that was poo-pooed. Now the pedulum has swung too far the other direction.

:boohoo:

Joz said:

I don't think the point was to "poo-poo" motherhood. I think the idea was that women should have options. While I respect the choice of my friends who are stay-at-home moms, it wasn't ever something I wanted and I don't see where my son has suffered one iota for it.

I don't think having a child means I have to wait for someone else to give me money or veto my decisions because he's paying the way. And, truth, now my friends who stayed home have kids who are older and they're bored out of their minds but have no entry back into the workplace because they aren't marketable any longer due to the time they've taken off. Now they've got another 40 years or so (if they're lucky) to try to readapt.

Why would you want to see the clock turned back and women once again not be taken seriously in business?

jillian said:
I don't think the point was to "poo-poo" motherhood. I think the idea was that women should have options. While I respect the choice of my friends who are stay-at-home moms, it wasn't ever something I wanted and I don't see where my son has suffered one iota for it.

I don't think having a child means I have to wait for someone else to give me money or veto my decisions because he's paying the way. And, truth, now my friends who stayed home have kids who are older and they're bored out of their minds but have no entry back into the workplace because they aren't marketable any longer due to the time they've taken off. Now they've got another 40 years or so (if they're lucky) to try to readapt.

Why would you want to see the clock turned back and women once again not be taken seriously in business?

Wow. Case in point. See joz? It was and always has been the family hating feminists who judged/judge homemakers?

Turning back the clock? You're sad, Jillian.

Forum List

Back