How Do You Address a Divorced Woman? (not humor)

Nienna

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2005
Ohio
In correspondence, what is the proper address for a divorced woman? Mrs. Miss. Ms. ???

Help!

I always use Ms. if I don't know for certain. If I know them, I say Mrs. if they still use their husbands last name, or unless they say otherwise.

http://www.jbink.com/brochure.html

Divorced Woman
(for wedding invitations)

outside envelope / inside envelope
Ms. Audrey Miller / Ms. Miller
Mrs. Audrey Miller / Mrs. Audrey Miller
Ms. Audrey Smith (maiden name restored) / Ms. Smith

Said1 said:
Hanging around with the resident ladie's man are we?
Yesth...

You sthee, when I sthaid "dinner," I meant "we'd be having sthex"

and when I sthaid "and a movie," I meant "we'd be video taping it"

The ClayTaurus said:
Yesth...

You sthee, when I sthaid "dinner," I meant "we'd be having sthex"

and when I sthaid "and a movie," I meant "we'd be video taping it"

Killer. Nice bangs, btw.

andrev_nerd.jpg

Said1 said:
I always use Ms. if I don't know for certain. If I know them, I say Mrs. if they still use their husbands last name, or unless they say otherwise.
Same here. I took back my own name and with that decided that Ms. was the best bet. I only use it for 'kids' and professional mailings, other than that, just use my first and last name. Funny thing, it's probably the only 'feminist' jargon I've had any use for.

Kathianne said:
Same here. I took back my own name and with that decided that Ms. was the best bet. I only use it for 'kids' and professional mailings, other than that, just use my first and last name. Funny thing, it's probably the only 'feminist' jargon I've had any use for.

I'm one of those "don't call me late for dinner' types, I don't really care. If they get my last name right, I'm happy.

Forum List

Back