How do we tell a moderate Muslim from a radical one?

How about your simplify all of this

female=moderate
male=radical

:eusa_hand:

:eusa_snooty:

See any women out protesting? See any women stoning men to death? See any women issuing fatwas? See any women calling for infidel deaths? See any women killing men as an honor killings?

I am serious too. Its the men of this religion that are fucked in the head.

i am telling ya...if they let the women show some skin and let the men drink and go to titty bars they would mellow out.....

sexual deprived men are dangerous people.....

Maybe the easiest way is to make all Muslims wear an arm band with a crescent moon on it.

Radical Muslims and moderate Muslims? EZ is right. Deeds and words make the difference.

Any further discussion only abates the guilt some will inevitably feel once some Radical Conservative majority decides to expatriate all Muslims to the Middle East.

So you are trying to say that trying to decipher between which muslims are hell bent on murdering anyone they can get their hands on and which ones are interested on being peaceful is the same as systematically murdering 6 million innocent Jews, all of which were not at war with or committing terrorist acts within Germany?

In fact all the Jews were legal and peaceful citizens of Germany long before Hitler became a German. None of which called for the beheading of innocent Germans. None of which flew planes into prominent German buildings.

Please do enlighten me on how these two are the same.
I said the guilt felt by many would be abated if there is a continued effort to paint all Muslims as radicals. And that painting is taking place at an accelerated pace. And the foot on the gas is a political foot. One usually found in the mouths of Conservatives.

See, once you manage to ignore the reality of the humanity of Muslims, it's easy to equate each Muslim with fanaticism. And then it's an easy stroll toward criminalizing Islam in America as a general threat to American security.

It's incremental.

And it's interesting that you mentioned Jews as "legal and peaceful citizens of Germany long before Hitler became a German". Muslims have been legal and peaceful citizens of this country long before September 11, 2001. Long before Rush Limbaugh became an American.

How do you tell a moderate Muslim from a radical? Look at the faces of their women, if they're covered, they're radical, if they leave their face exposed, they're moderate.

But in reality.......I like to say it like this........

The radicals of ANY religion are the ones that try to convert you by any means necessary. The moderates will allow people with different belief systems other than theirs to speak with them and will also try to understand what it is about that your particular belief system that coincides with theirs.

In other words, are they "live and let live" or "kill 'em all and let God sort them out"?

Maybe the easiest way is to make all Muslims wear an arm band with a crescent moon on it.

Radical Muslims and moderate Muslims? EZ is right. Deeds and words make the difference.

Any further discussion only abates the guilt some will inevitably feel once some Radical Conservative majority decides to expatriate all Muslims to the Middle East.

So you are trying to say that trying to decipher between which muslims are hell bent on murdering anyone they can get their hands on and which ones are interested on being peaceful is the same as systematically murdering 6 million innocent Jews, all of which were not at war with or committing terrorist acts within Germany?

In fact all the Jews were legal and peaceful citizens of Germany long before Hitler became a German. None of which called for the beheading of innocent Germans. None of which flew planes into prominent German buildings.

I said the guilt felt by many would be abated if there is a continued effort to paint all Muslims as radicals. And that painting is taking place at an accelerated pace. And the foot on the gas is a political foot. One usually found in the mouths of Conservatives.

See, once you manage to ignore the reality of the humanity of Muslims, it's easy to equate each Muslim with fanaticism. And then it's an easy stroll toward criminalizing Islam in America as a general threat to American security.

It's incremental.

And it's interesting that you mentioned Jews as "legal and peaceful citizens of Germany long before Hitler became a German". Muslims have been legal and peaceful citizens of this country long before September 11, 2001. Long before Rush Limbaugh became an American.

So you make your point of not generalizing about Muslims by stereotyping and deamonizing conservatives. Classic!

It doesn't get more retarded than that.

After all, my whole point was asking how do we decipher between the two so we DON'T stereotype.

Last edited:

It's incremental.

So you make your point of not generalizing about Muslims by stereotyping and deamonizing conservatives. Classic!

After all, my whole point was asking how do we decipher between the two so we don't stereotype.
You don't want to stereotype Muslims? Try taking each and every Muslim as individuals and not as a group that may or may not need to be feared.

And I'm demonizing Conservatives for their insistence that Muslims must be stereotyped and feared.

How do you tell a moderate Muslim from a radical? Look at the faces of their women, if they're covered, they're radical, if they leave their face exposed, they're moderate.

The radicals of ANY religion are the ones that try to convert you by any means necessary. The moderates will allow people with different belief systems other than theirs to speak with them and will also try to understand what it is about that your particular belief system that coincides with theirs.

In other words, are they "live and let live" or "kill 'em all and let God sort them out"?

How do you know the ones with their faces covered aren't afraid for their lives if they don't cover them up? You know honor killings and stoning...got to think about them.

How do you know the ones with their faces covered aren't afraid for their lives if they don't cover them up? You know honor killings and stoning...got to think about them.

Covered faces is generally practiced by the radical sects like Wahabism.

Yes i know, but how about the ones who don't want to cover up but still do because of the fear factor of not covering up?

Yes i know, but how about the ones who don't want to cover up but still do because of the fear factor of not covering up?

Like I said, radical sects require the women to cover their faces.

The moderates have their womens faces uncovered.

Like I said, radical sects require the women to cover their faces.

The moderates have their womens faces uncovered.

iiikkknnoooowww. :)

But it may be that not all of the women are radical but are still covering their faces.

It's incremental.

After all, my whole point was asking how do we decipher between the two so we don't stereotype.
You don't want to stereotype Muslims? Try taking each and every Muslim as individuals and not as a group that may or may not need to be feared.

And I'm demonizing Conservatives for their insistence that Muslims must be stereotyped and feared.

Maybe take your own advice before dishing it out then.

Ahh, I see.. Mostly their Actions. such as Radicals doing stupid shit like blowing themselves up or going to Military Funerals and protesting.

Now see therein lies the question, How em I suppose to know?

Good question.

I wasn't intending on turning this into a Christians vs. Muslims thread, but what da heck.

So a radical Muslim follows the teachings of Muhammed and a radical Christian disregards the teachings of Jesus.

Good point.

Well, I wasn't implying it like that, I'm just merely pointing out the difference and similarities of Radicals on all sides for the Religious Spectrum.

A Radical Muslim follows the Koran word for word, including Jihad and the stoning and disregard for Woman's rights.

And Real Christian in my opinion, shouldn't take the Bible word for word, first, it wasn't intended for that. Why? Well, Jesus didn't write it, so saying everything in the Bible is true is well, sort of silly. In my opinion, take the message of the Bible, especially the 10 Commandments.

To sum this up I'd just say, don't take anything word for word.. It's a dangerous game.

All truth is relative right?

Secular Muslims:

1003-Secular-Muslims.jpg

Moderate Muslims:

jihad_on_zionists_xlarge.jpeg

Radical Muslims:

londongaza.jpg

okay so sofar we have:

Moderate:
funny
don't have bombs strapped to themselves
female ;)

Radical:
serious
have bombs strapped to themselves
male

Good now that we've answered that question how do we tell the "crazy fundementalist I've got six wives and Joseph Smith is God" kind of Mormons from the regular every day Mitt Romney "I go to a Mormon Church but don't call me a Mormon" kind of Mormons?

No, they're not camera shy.

They're thugs and criminals when they cover their face, and what's even worse, is they KNOW they're doing wrong, otherwise they'd allow themselves to be identified.

Forum List

Back