How do we tell a moderate Muslim from a radical one?

Well, I don't consider Methodists or Catholics Radicals..

They're not going to Military Funerals and protesting with signs saying; "Thank God for IED's" Unlike the Westboro..

Don't you agree?

Yes, but in their daily lives they aren't carrying those signs, so how do we tell them apart? Isn't that the same question the OP is asking about Muslims?

If you saw me at the store, would you know I'm Methodist? Or if you saw a Westboro person at the store, would you know the day before they were protesting at a soldiers funeral?

Ahh, I see.. Mostly their Actions. such as Radicals doing stupid shit like blowing themselves up or going to Military Funerals and protesting.

Now see therein lies the question, How em I suppose to know?

Good question.

I wasn't intending on turning this into a Christians vs. Muslims thread, but what da heck.

So a radical Muslim follows the teachings of Muhammed and a radical Christian disregards the teachings of Jesus.

Good point.

I would like to know how everyone determines the difference between the two.

My doctor is a a moderate muslim from Indonesia. Nice, funny guy.

Now my Jewish accountant? Shit, I've been thinking he's Mossad for the longest time.:lol:

So if someone is funny they are a moderate and if they are not they are a radical?

Maybe the easiest way is to make all Muslims wear an arm band with a crescent moon on it.

Radical Muslims and moderate Muslims? EZ is right. Deeds and words make the difference.

Any further discussion only abates the guilt some will inevitably feel once some Radical Conservative majority decides to expatriate all Muslims to the Middle East.

You mean like this moderate muslim? A man who founded a television network to help display muslims in a better more moderate light? The MODERATE man who beheaded his wife in an honor killing?

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — The crime drips with brutal irony: a woman decapitated, allegedly by her estranged husband, in the offices of the television network the couple founded with the hope of countering Muslim stereotypes.

Muzzammil "Mo" Hassan is accused of beheading his wife last week, days after she filed for divorce. Authorities have not discussed the role religion or culture might have played, but the slaying gave rise to speculation that it was the sort of "honor killing" more common in countries half a world away, including the couple's native Pakistan.

Muzzammil Hassan: Muslim TV Exec Accused Of Beheading Wife In NY May Have Committed "Honor Killing"

Yes, but in their daily lives they aren't carrying those signs, so how do we tell them apart? Isn't that the same question the OP is asking about Muslims?

If you saw me at the store, would you know I'm Methodist? Or if you saw a Westboro person at the store, would you know the day before they were protesting at a soldiers funeral?

Ahh, I see.. Mostly their Actions. such as Radicals doing stupid shit like blowing themselves up or going to Military Funerals and protesting.

Now see therein lies the question, How em I suppose to know?

Good question.

I wasn't intending on turning this into a Christians vs. Muslims thread, but what da heck.

So a radical Muslim follows the teachings of Muhammed and a radical Christian disregards the teachings of Jesus.

Good point.

Well, I wasn't implying it like that, I'm just merely pointing out the difference and similarities of Radicals on all sides for the Religious Spectrum.

A Radical Muslim follows the Koran word for word, including Jihad and the stoning and disregard for Woman's rights.

And Real Christian in my opinion, shouldn't take the Bible word for word, first, it wasn't intended for that. Why? Well, Jesus didn't write it, so saying everything in the Bible is true is well, sort of silly. In my opinion, take the message of the Bible, especially the 10 Commandments.

To sum this up I'd just say, don't take anything word for word.. It's a dangerous game.

You mean like this moderate muslim? A man who founded a television network to help display muslims in a better more moderate light? The MODERATE man who beheaded his wife in an honor killing?

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — The crime drips with brutal irony: a woman decapitated, allegedly by her estranged husband, in the offices of the television network the couple founded with the hope of countering Muslim stereotypes.

Muzzammil "Mo" Hassan is accused of beheading his wife last week, days after she filed for divorce. Authorities have not discussed the role religion or culture might have played, but the slaying gave rise to speculation that it was the sort of "honor killing" more common in countries half a world away, including the couple's native Pakistan.

Muzzammil Hassan: Muslim TV Exec Accused Of Beheading Wife In NY May Have Committed "Honor Killing"

Nah like the the Moderate Imam that used to be the darling of the media who is now targeted for assassination .

http://www.usmessageboard.com/media...to-talk-about-moderate-imam-anwar-awlaki.html

:lol::lol::lol:WE WONT BE FOOLED AGAIN:lol::lol::lol:
Here is what they used to say about the Virginia mosque and "moderate Imam Anwar Awlaki"

Ground Zero mosque organizer Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf has been described by the media as a "moderate" and a "bridge-builder." But not too long ago, the same news outlets gave identical labels to a radical Virginia mosque that has been linked to some of the most infamous Islamic terrorist attacks in recent years. And it celebrated in the same terms a "prayer-leader" who is now one of the most wanted Al Queda terrorists in the world.

A New York Times article from Oct. 19, 2001, lists Al Awlaki as one of the Muslim leaders who were "calling on their colleagues to tone down the incendiary anti-American messages that have long been a staple at some Muslim events."

Al Awlaki is "held up as a new generation of Muslim leader capable of merging East and West," the Times reported.

The same article lists Rauf as another one of these "assertive" religious leaders.

And while there was no coverage of the Virginia mosque by the major network news stations, other media outlets expressed concern over the difficulties faced by Muslim "moderates" like Al-Awlaki.

"The war of ideas in the Muslim world pits extremists, like Osama bin Laden...and moderates, who want to solve the problems without violence. But right now this war of ideas is a lopsided one, says Imam Anwar Awlaki, the prayer leader at the Dar Al-Hijrah mosque in Falls Church, Virginia," reported NPR on Nov. 1, 2001.

"Awlaki, whose mosque is one of the largest in the U.S., sees himself as a Muslim leader who could help build bridges between Islam and the West. ut political scientist Telhami says these are difficult days for Muslim moderates," the NPR report continued.

Read more: FLASHBACK: Media Praising Ground Zero Mosque Used to Call Virginia Terror-Mosque ?Moderate? | NewsBusters.org

Nah like the the Moderate Imam that used to be the darling of the media who is now targeted for assassination .

http://www.usmessageboard.com/media...to-talk-about-moderate-imam-anwar-awlaki.html

:lol::lol::lol:WE WONT BE FOOLED AGAIN:lol::lol::lol:
Here is what they used to say about the Virginia mosque and "moderate Imam Anwar Awlaki"

Ground Zero mosque organizer Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf has been described by the media as a "moderate" and a "bridge-builder." But not too long ago, the same news outlets gave identical labels to a radical Virginia mosque that has been linked to some of the most infamous Islamic terrorist attacks in recent years. And it celebrated in the same terms a "prayer-leader" who is now one of the most wanted Al Queda terrorists in the world.

A New York Times article from Oct. 19, 2001, lists Al Awlaki as one of the Muslim leaders who were "calling on their colleagues to tone down the incendiary anti-American messages that have long been a staple at some Muslim events."

Al Awlaki is "held up as a new generation of Muslim leader capable of merging East and West," the Times reported.

The same article lists Rauf as another one of these "assertive" religious leaders.

And while there was no coverage of the Virginia mosque by the major network news stations, other media outlets expressed concern over the difficulties faced by Muslim "moderates" like Al-Awlaki.

"The war of ideas in the Muslim world pits extremists, like Osama bin Laden...and moderates, who want to solve the problems without violence. But right now this war of ideas is a lopsided one, says Imam Anwar Awlaki, the prayer leader at the Dar Al-Hijrah mosque in Falls Church, Virginia," reported NPR on Nov. 1, 2001.

"Awlaki, whose mosque is one of the largest in the U.S., sees himself as a Muslim leader who could help build bridges between Islam and the West. ut political scientist Telhami says these are difficult days for Muslim moderates," the NPR report continued.

Read more: FLASHBACK: Media Praising Ground Zero Mosque Used to Call Virginia Terror-Mosque ?Moderate? | NewsBusters.org

Got to love those peaceful moderate muslims.

I would like to know how everyone determines the difference between the two.

My doctor is a a moderate muslim from Indonesia. Nice, funny guy.

Now my Jewish accountant? Shit, I've been thinking he's Mossad for the longest time.:lol:

So if someone is funny they are a moderate and if they are not they are a radical?

No, he's not an extremist because he's never called me an infadel or tried to bomb a building.

Go figure. I guess like doing crimes makes you a criminal doing extremist things makes you an extremist. Who would have known?:cuckoo:

Maybe the easiest way is to make all Muslims wear an arm band with a crescent moon on it.

Radical Muslims and moderate Muslims? EZ is right. Deeds and words make the difference.

Any further discussion only abates the guilt some will inevitably feel once some Radical Conservative majority decides to expatriate all Muslims to the Middle East.

So you are trying to say that trying to decipher between which muslims are hell bent on murdering anyone they can get their hands on and which ones are interested on being peaceful is the same as systematically murdering 6 million innocent Jews, all of which were not at war with or committing terrorist acts within Germany?

In fact all the Jews were legal and peaceful citizens of Germany long before Hitler became a German. None of which called for the beheading of innocent Germans. None of which flew planes into prominent German buildings.

Please do enlighten me on how these two are the same.

How about your simplify all of this

female=moderate
male=radical

:eusa_hand:

:eusa_snooty:

See any women out protesting? See any women stoning men to death? See any women issuing fatwas? See any women calling for infidel deaths? See any women killing men as an honor killings?

I am serious too. Its the men of this religion that are fucked in the head.

Forum List

Back