How do we Know Human are Causing Climate Change?

I live in a place where it rains about 6 months out of the year. He still thinks it's a great investment. And I can't argue since he doesn't pay electricity bills.
At least 95% of the country would benefit from solar panels. There's a small section of the Pacific Northwest which is least feasible for installation and productivity.

In the state of Nebraska the power company has to buy any extra power that an individual or individual entity produces in excess of what they need. On one of the hilltops in Blair a man put in a windmill and has solar panels he has never paid for electricity since in fact The electric company has sent him checks on occasion.
what is the monthly payment for the alternative power for the individual? How many trees must come down?

I live in a place where it rains about 6 months out of the year. He still thinks it's a great investment. And I can't argue since he doesn't pay electricity bills.
The old Harbor Freight solar panels from their relatively cheap 4 panel kits actually still work best under such conditions. Being 100% amorphous, they capture the cloud scattered lower spectrum frequencies much better than the newer, more focused crystalline ones engineered to capture direct sunlight.

At least 95% of the country would benefit from solar panels. There's a small section of the Pacific Northwest which is least feasible for installation and productivity.
sure they would. who's gonna pay for them to be deployed? I'm still waiting on that answer.

sure they would. who's gonna pay for them to be deployed? I'm still waiting on that answer.

Maybe we could take some of the money that is shuffled to the oil companies in the form of subsidies and put it toward greener energy sources?

Sounds like it could work.

how does he heat his home in the winter?

I think he's still got a gas furnace. But he says he runs an excess every month in terms of how much his panels produce and how much he uses, so it could be that he could one day get an electric furnace or soemthing (?) I dunno.

Either way I'm struggling to see how this isn't a good idea. I'm thinking about them for my house.

Maybe we could take some of the money that is shuffled to the oil companies in the form of subsidies and put it toward greener energy sources?

Sounds like it could work.
oil companies don't receive susidies, they get tax breaks. Whole different thing.

Solaris was subsidized and died. that path doesn't seem functionable.

If he's your neighbor and it rains 6 months out of the year then he's lying about not paying any electric bills. There are some places where it's a good investment and others where it isn't.

I think he's still got a gas furnace. But he says he runs an excess every month in terms of how much his panels produce and how much he uses, so it could be that he could one day get an electric furnace or soemthing (?) I dunno.

Either way I'm struggling to see how this isn't a good idea. I'm thinking about them for my house.
how long can his batteries last when they are engaged?

what is the monthly payment for the alternative power for the individual? How many trees must come down?
This is Nebraska. Trees don't grow on hilltops unless you plant them there. Trees only exist in the stream and River bottoms. I don't know what is monthly payments are or if he even has any. He's a very wealthy man. But I do know that there are government incentive programs if you want to do solar.

This is Nebraska. Trees don't grow on hilltops unless you plant them there. Trees only exist in the stream and River bottoms. I don't know what is monthly payments are or if he even has any. He's a very wealthy man. But I do know that there are government incentive programs if you want to do solar.
well, we're talking about the country, are you suggesting we don't have trees in the US?

This just in:

Based on many decades of scientific scrutiny, it can now be reported as confirmed that global climate changes.

Sources close to reality have even said that the term “global climate change” is redundant. Climate always changes. There is no such thing as “static climate.”

oil companies don't receive susidies, they get tax breaks. Whole different thing.

I don't know as that is such a big difference. Easing mandatory tax burdens works out to be about the same as pumping money into the revenue stream.

And, in fact, if you look online, most experts call them "subsidies". I think there's a difference between "direct" and "indirect" but both are subsidies.

I know that if I were running a company and someone offered to lower my tax bill I would end up at the end of the year with more money.

So I think it's still a subsidy.

This just in:

Based on many decades of scientific scrutiny, it can now be reported as confirmed that global climate changes.

Sources close to reality have even said that the term “global climate change” is redundant. Climate always changes. There is no such thing as “static climate.”

I think the question is "why is it changing NOW"?

I mean, yeah, we know that climate changes in earth history. But it always had a REASON. What if the reason for the CURRENT warming is....us?

Couldn't we be doing something to make this hard on ourselves?

Forum List

Back