How Do We Grow Our Economy?

Growing the economy is alot like growing a crop of marijuana. It needs room to grow freely, lots of sunlight, and don't let the government get any where near it.

How do we grow our economy once we cease to have any growth in the population? We're not there yet, but eventually we will stop growing. Economic growth, for the greatest part, is due to growth in population. What happens once that growth stops? How do we divvy up the pie then?

Once a week the president gives a speech about plans to ban something, then watch the lemmings go out and buy out all the stock. It's worked with light bulbs and guns. :cool:

Your stupid chart is is a straight-up lie, as far as Obiongo is concerned. - collected wit and wisdom of senor oddball

Baselines are standing debt on taking the oath, chief.

Yer boy Junebug raised the baseline with his bailouts of his pals.

See, here is how it works: reality changes the baselines, not nutball delusion.

Want to take another blind swing at the pinata, there, odd ball?
Baselines are presupposed automatic increases in spending, upon which are based the disingenuous percentages in increased debt accumulation, along with the cynically claimed "cuts" in spending.

Your Boiking increased the baselines with his $780+ billion "stimulus" garbage. along with other idiotic spending...His real-world increase in debt accumulation is well in excess of 60%.

That's how it works in the real world, disingenuous nutball.

Last edited:
Gees, Dugdale, you're just like Beetle Bailey. Everybody's out of step but you. :lmao:

On a hardscrabble Appalachian farm sixty years ago lessons were "Do the right thing" and not "Follow crowds off cliffs". Those lessons, learned primarily from men and women born in the nineteenth century, have made all the difference in my life.

My decisions are based on evidence. Through 1968 some of my decisions were influenced by emotions, my own and the emotions of others. Since then outside family life if any decision of mine was based on anything but the best available evidence, the decision has slipped from mind.

The charts stand as posted. Accurate. Factual.

One of the few rare and smart posts by you..

:eek:

Saying that there is a "pie" presumes that wealth is finite ....

isn't wealth ='s $$$ - or do the wealthy print their own money ? or in Oddball's case dig for "more" gold, that is infinite.

Well at least he hit the concept that most conservatives don't get.

"Wealth" is not the paper money..or even money. Money is a placeholder.

Wealth is "stuff". By that I mean, stuff you grow, stuff you dig out of the ground, stuff you build and stuff you provide. Or as in the drivers of the economy:

Agriculture.
Mining.
Manufacturing.
Services.

THAT'S the economy.

Wow.... Sallow - a thoughtful and insightful post. Is it from a blog or something? ;)

Last edited:
Your stupid chart is is a straight-up lie, as far as Obiongo is concerned. - collected wit and wisdom of senor oddball

Baselines are presupposed automatic increases in spending, upon which are based the disingenuous percentages in increased debt accumulation, along with the cynically claimed "cuts" in spending.

Your Boiking increased the baselines with his $780+ billion "stimulus" garbage. along with other idiotic spending...His real-world increase in debt accumulation is well in excess of 60%.

So many negative waves...

Generosity of spirit impels one last attempt to get through that thick nutball skull: see the point where TWO lines go out to the right, son? THAT is where speculation starts. EVERY data point to the left is a fact.

It saddens me, too. Reagan and Junebug seemed like the kind of people one might want to go hogging with. Who knew they couldn't manage money?

What Obama has done is a matter of record. That there IS an Obama is the result of Junebug's spectacular crash and burn. What kind of a fucking moron would vote for another nutball in 2008?

Me? I'd have voted for the actual DEVIL in 2008 before voting for another filthy fucking neocon. Especially a geezer with a certifiable idiot as his running mate. You people have only yourselves to blame for supporting people as stupid as nutballs appear to be based on what I hear listening to Pigboy and Beck.

Obama is YOUR fault. Dig it.

ON EDIT: It is hilarious that a fucking moron like you negged me for posting absolute fact. I am HOWLING over that, although in the spirit of turnabout being fair play you shall also be dinged.

Last edited:
How Do We Grow Our Economy?

By shrinking our out of control Government , 80% are leeches ..........:eusa_hand:

Blame public education for the current ugliness, not me.

Unable to learn from experience, packs of nutballs appear to believe social intimidation can influence findings of fact - the same mentality found in lynch mobs.

The rope that hangs me in front of a nutball crowd hasn't been made.

The history of civilization is peppered with governmental constructs which spend resources faster than they can be acquired. It always ends in tragedy.

Welcome to Obamanomics.

D+V+R.jpg

A preponderance of the evidence from the US Treasury Department seems to indicate that filthy god damned neocon scum borrow unsupportable amounts of money to fool morons into believing things are better, while sane presidents like pap Bush and others don't. This chart makes it crystal clear who the culprits are when it comes to fucking our children: nutball scum by ten miles. Many of them actually look like pedophiles. Did anyone notice that smirk on Junebug, or the way Reagan's hands seemed to linger on chlidren? (Maybe the Reagan children have another book to write?)

Your chart is obviously a joke. Obama has already increased the debt by more than Bush, so that part is clearly wrong. Also, it claims the "source" is the Treasury Department." That's clearly a lie. The Treasury Dept. never published such a graph. Some Commie propaganda toad took some data published by the Treasury Dept, and then massaged it and cherry picked it into unrecognizable form.

You can never believe anything published by liberal hosebags. They always lie.

Wow. Nutballs too stupid to read a chart are ha'penny a dozen, but you also seem to equate understanding math and understanding the truth about nutball Icons as "liberal".

You may well be the stupidest nutball posting here. That is no mean feat, chief.
There could be an award in it for you if you people gather from time to time.
You insult people about reading a chart that you yourself do not understand.
Give it up while you're behind, turkey.

Take me down, clown.

The charts - both of them - stand.

That a gaggle of nutballs can't handle the truth isn't news.

As to your introductory point about insults, that didn't start with me, but I'm playing. The original post was to make a general point that is absolutely substantiated by the second chart, which clearly has a split baseline. My posts met -and thoroughly trashed every challenge.

The most hilarious aspect of the wild-eyed bullshit you people are throwing out is that I am a "liberal". I am no more a liberal than any nutball from 1980 on is a legitimate Republican. You and today's liberals represent the worst kind of political partisan blindness.

Last edited:
Here's a plan...

- Redistribute the income so that it is even for everyone.
- Triple deficit spending by the government
- pursue energy policies to make sure that fossil based energy prices necessarily increase.
- maintain US Corporate tax rates to insure they are the highest in the world
- increase regulation on businesses as well as legal liability.
- enact tax and healthcare policies that result in a decrease in take-home pay and increase in healthcare premiums

Will this work? Better yet, is this working? I dont think sow. Many of these policies and programs were sold to US as policies that would improve a weak US economy.

To grow the US economy, we must do a 180 degree departure from these policies and we will see a marked improvement in US economy.

Money spent on infrastructure, technology, healthcare, and education is what drives an economy, not tax cuts for the rich.

Stocks do 9 times better with a Democrat in the White House....

While Republicans promote themselves as the friendliest party for Wall Street, stock investors do better when Democrats occupy the White House. From a dollars- and-cents standpoint, it’s not even close.

The BGOV Barometer shows that, over the five decades since John F. Kennedy was inaugurated, $1,000 invested in a hypothetical fund that tracks the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index (SPX) only when Democrats are in the White House would have been worth $10,920 at the close of trading yesterday.

That’s more than nine times the dollar return an investor would have realized from following a similar strategy during Republican administrations. A $1,000 stake invested in a fund that followed the S&P 500 under Republican presidents, starting with Richard Nixon, would have grown to $2,087 on the day George W. Bush left office.

Stocks Return More With Democrat in White House: BGOV Barometer - Bloomberg

Take me down, clown.

The charts - both of them - stand.

That a gaggle of nutballs can't handle the truth isn't news.

As to your introductory point about insults, that didn't start with me, but I'm playing for keeps.

So wheres did the extra $7 trillion in debt under Obama come from that the right complains about? Maybe Lower gdp since the recession that started in 2008? I ask this because there's been less spending under Obama.

It's after 2010, jason.

The chart is clear that it stops at 2010. I deliberately used Treasury data pumped out by Democrats to blind halfwits into unreasoning blather. Its a negotiating tactic: upset the "other" where they live, then bank the residuals. It almost never fails (see the trail of tears above).

The only thing nutballs are right about is spending is out of control. Is spending really another seven trillion? The actual truth is nobody knows. That is scary. Liberals defend what Obama is doing, but the truth is there is no rational defense. On the upside all nutballs know is attack. Reason is too much of a stretch, so effectively Obama can do pretty much what scum like Geithner and Panetta advise.

But it is not likely there has actually been "less" spending under Obama. Possible, but not likely. The problem is such a high pct of spending is on credit.

Thanks for asking a rational question. All this idiocy sort of caught my whimsical side and the rest is above here. Almost embarrassing that America is degraded to the point where people can't read a simple chart - or admit it.

Last edited:
D+V+R.jpg

A preponderance of the evidence from the US Treasury Department seems to indicate that filthy god damned neocon scum borrow unsupportable amounts of money to fool morons into believing things are better, while sane presidents like pap Bush and others don't. This chart makes it crystal clear who the culprits are when it comes to fucking our children: nutball scum by ten miles. Many of them actually look like pedophiles. Did anyone notice that smirk on Junebug, or the way Reagan's hands seemed to linger on chlidren? (Maybe the Reagan children have another book to write?)

220px-Robert_Menendez,_official_Senate_photo.jpg

Bob Menendez (D- touches young girls, flies to foreign countries to have sex with 16 year olds)
Yes he does, and every time you catch him, his lawyers ante up the $58,000 he shows was charged to his Congressional expense account to pay for it. The trick is, you have to catch him. That's the only time he plays nice.

Forum List

Back