How do we fix our problems as a nation?

some people just don't get it , all military action is not war .
the president doesn't need to get congressional permission every time it acts . take the Somalia pirates we didn't need congress to let the seas shot them and save hostages .

theres a big difference between invation and action .

So the Constitution should say that; just not leave it to interpretation.
You do notice that while the Constitution gives Congress the power to declare war, the Constitution does not specify any limits to the Article II powers of the CinC.
Right?

Yes. The President can do whatever he or she wants with the military at any time, any place in the world; totally free of the Constitution. No limits.

So the Constitution should say that; just not leave it to interpretation.
You do notice that while the Constitution gives Congress the power to declare war, the Constitution does not specify any limits to the Article II powers of the CinC.
Right?

Yes. The President can do whatever he or she wants with the military at any time, any place in the world; totally free of the Constitution. No limits.
Good to see that you understand now.
My work here is done.

Right?

My work here is done.

actually the president has a specific amount of time allotted to him without Congressional authorization. If he goes past 60 days he must then go to congress to get Congressional approval.

My work here is done.

actually the president has a specific amount of time allotted to him without Congressional authorization. If he goes past 60 days he must then go to congress to get Congressional approval.
Speaking of which

time's almost up in Libya

My work here is done.

According to the War Powers Act, yes.
But then, Congress has no power to create such limits.

Forum List

Back