How do we curtail gun violence?

Do you have any scientific data to support your claims? My experience suggests to me that there is some correlation between low intelligence and short fuses, but this does necessarily lead to violence.

Scientific data supporting a link between poverty and violence?

Uh, yeah...

http://www.hhh.umn.edu/people/jbatwood/pdf/link_poverty_conflict.pdf
How Violence Perpetuates Poverty - US News
Conflict and poverty The economics of violence The Economist
Duh! My post challenged your conclusion regarding intelligence (less educated) and violence...not just poverty and violence.

Duh! My post challenged your conclusion regarding intelligence (less educated) and violence...not just poverty and violence.

Education is not the same as intelligence. Obama is highly educated, intelligent he is not.

But education IS the fundamental tool to escape poverty. Lack of education is what keeps most people in poverty, and as proven, poverty is the root cause of most violence.

Since I do not know what the numbers you posted are supposed to refer to, and your wiki link is far too broad, I cannot tell.
What are these numbers supposed to represent?

Why don't you post the correct numbers, or would that blow your opinion?

Since I do not know what the numbers you posted are supposed to refer to, and your wiki link is far too broad, I cannot tell.
What are these numbers supposed to represent?
Why don't you post the correct numbers, or would that blow your opinion?
I don't know why you choose to not understand that the numbers you posted have neither context nor commentary that gives them any meaning; as such, there's no way to post "correct" numbers because there's no way to know what those numbers supposedly represent.
:dunno:

I don't know why you choose to not understand that the numbers you posted have neither context nor commentary that gives them any meaning; as such, there's no way to post "correct" numbers because there's no way to know what those numbers supposedly represent.

Sure it is. The question is gun deaths per 100,000/by year/UK vs US.

See! There you go! Been looking for that for 2 days now.

According to you :

Gun deaths per 100k population:
UK 0.25
US 10.3

What do you think this proves, and how?

UK 0.25
US 10.3

Well...your numbers are only half the story...taken together, gun murders in the Untied States. Comitted by criminals, are 11-12,000 every year. However, guns also stop crime, murders, rapes, robberies and beatings...on average between 250-375,000 times a year...crimes stopped and lives saved....

Looking at only the murder numbers is only half the picture and it is an inaccurate way to look at the issue...

Keep in mind,the 250-375,000 number is the middle range of the statistics...the anti gun researchers claim that the number is over 100,000, and other studies put the number much higher...upwards of 2million times a year....

So in truth...guns used to stop crime and save lives are a net positive, not the negative one side of the numbers presents...

There has been a lot of talk about mass shooting incidents.
What I see in that talk are many people stricken by shock and grief and who have the means to make their voice heard. Very little is said about homicides among our poor.

Gun violence in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Deadly mass shootings have resulted in considerable coverage by the media. These shootings have represented 1% of all deaths by gun between 1980 and 2008.

The United States has a murder rate on par with Thailand.
List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Of those murders, of the ones for which the FBI received weapons data, 67.5% involve the use of firearms in 2010.
FBI ? Expanded Homicide Data
The vast majority of homicides with a firearm were committed using a handgun, not an assault weapon. Most of these guns used in these homicides are obtained on the black market. The black market is fueled by the unregulated secondary market.

What are your thoughts on gun violence in America?
What are the proposals to curtail this secondary market and make a dent in the 99% of gun violence in our country?

Interesting fact

United Kingdom0.25 (2010)
23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
United States
10.30 (2011)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Breed black males out of existence

/thread

See! There you go! Been looking for that for 2 days now.

According to you :

UK 0.25
US 10.3

What do you think this proves, and how?
Apparently 1% doesnt want to tellus what his numbers mean.

Forum List

Back