How do US troops feel when their C-I-C calls them "civilian killers"

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
I don't understand how this name calling wouldn't hurt any US military person.
Or having their own leaders calling US troops "terrorists", "Nazis", "cold-blooded killers"!

It is so strange to see a President salute the very troops he said were"air-raiding villages.. killing civilians".
Then this same President saying
"And I think traditionally, the notion has been that America's political differences end at the water's edge,"
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7IfnczzWVM]Obama To Romney: "America's Political Differences End At The Water's Edge" - YouTube[/ame]

But here are these "leaders" statements DURING war time that certainly DID NOT help !

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid(D) "The war is lost, the surge is not accomplishing anything "

U.S. Rep. John Murtha(D) "Our troops killed innocent civilians in cold blood,”

Senator Kerry (D) "American soldiers going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children."

Durbin (D) "must have been done by Nazis, Soviets"--action of Americans in the treatment of their prisoners.

Or having their own leaders calling US troops "terrorists", "Nazis", "cold-blooded killers"!

It is so strange to see a President salute the very troops he said were"air-raiding villages.. killing civilians".
"And I think traditionally, the notion has been that America's political differences end at the water's edge,"
Obama To Romney: "America's Political Differences End At The Water's Edge" - YouTube

But here are these "leaders" statements DURING war time that certainly DID NOT help !

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid(D) "The war is lost, the surge is not accomplishing anything "

Senator Kerry (D) "American soldiers going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children."

Durbin (D) "must have been done by Nazis, Soviets"--action of Americans in the treatment of their prisoners.

That is different. Have you forgotten that Democrats don't have to follow the rules, rules are for everyone else. Democrats are above them. Same with laws like paying taxes and not campaigning while on official business.

I would be pissed and am pissed that the Left wing does this. They did it in Vietnam too. Like those soldiers had any chose but to go to war. War sucks. People die even innocent people. It happens. Just like 3000 innocent people died on 9.11 . And the innocent soldiers on Fort Hood , Or the Ambassador of Libya and the 3 other Americans who died this year on 9.11 On which Obama wont call either of the last two terrorist attacks. He calls the one on Fort HOOD a job related killings. YEAH he was talking to Terrorist prior to the killings. And when Obama said the killings in Libya was for a movie trailer which we later learned was a total lie but Obama still is trying to convince us otherwise..

The facts are this President DID call our troops killers! Never in my memory has any person who ran for office was elected that called our troops "killers"! With that mind set i.e. our troops are killers, this person's finger is on the button and with Obama's propensity to JUMP to conclusions as this latest film blaming shows. But his deeper anger with the USA has been clearly shown in doing EVERYTHING possible to destroy our economy!

He wants a single payer health system. Fine .. Where will the $100 billion a year in tax revenue the 1,300 health insurance companies generate come from?
Who will hire the 400,000 unemployed health company workers?

He wants to bankrupt the coal fired utilities. Fine where will the 23% energy out put these utilities come from?

I mean this president OBVIOUSLY does NOT understand one WHIT how the economy works MUCH less how our capitalistic society functions and in so doing
how the USA has more then any other country raised the standards of living world wide!
And he wants to destroy that!

I defy you to show me a quote from Barack Obama where he says that.

Yes, that's always been a courtesy candidates show one another. They can debate foreign policy here at home, but to do it in another country, as Romney did, has been verboten and should be.

Romney criticizing the President's foreign policies in a foreign country is very similar to what the Dixie Chicks did. Did you support them too?

Why are you dredging up comments made during Bush's criminal mishandling of the war in Iraq and applying it to Obama? Heck, Murtha's even dead!

The facts are this President DID call our troops killers!

When and where?

He wants a single payer health system.

If he'd wanted that, why isn't the ACA single payer? It's not. You DO know what that is,...right?

Fine .. Where will the $100 billion a year in tax revenue the 1,300 health insurance companies generate come from?

Huh? :confused::confused:

The facts are this President DID call our troops killers!

When and where?

He wants a single payer health system.

If he'd wanted that, why isn't the ACA single payer? It's not. You DO know what that is,...right?

Fine .. Where will the $100 billion a year in tax revenue the 1,300 health insurance companies generate come from?

Huh? :confused::confused:

OLD GUY... your arteries are clogged to your brain!
Quote exactly from Obama:
BARACK OBAMA, PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE: We've got to get the job done there and that requires us to have enough troops that we are not just air raiding villages and killing civilians, which is causing enormous problems there.

Read more:Barack Obama Caught on Tape Accusing U.S. Troops of 'Killing Civilians' | Fox News

NOW you may say "that's out of context"!
DOESN"T MATTER!!! When you say things like this it doesn't matter because the TERRORISTS USED theses words!!!

Obama SAID about single payer:

Obama in 2003: ‘I Happen to be a Proponent of a Single-Payer Universal Health Care Plan;'
Obama in 2009: ‘I Have Not Said That I Was a Single-Payer Supporter’
In 2003, Illinois state Sen. Barack Obama said he was a supporter of a single-payer health care system. This week, he said he has not said he was a supporter of a single-payer health care system.
By Fred Lucas
August 12, 2009
Subscribe to Fred Lucas's posts

(CNSNews.com) - In 2003, Illinois state Sen. Barack Obama received a big round of applause for telling a gathering of the AFL-CIO,
“I happen to be a proponent of single-payer, universal health care plan.”

He also promised taxes wouldn't be raised and we can keep
In his first presidential speech to Congress, President Obama promised:
"If your family earns less than $250,000 a year, you will not see your taxes increased a single dime.
I repeat: not one single dime."

SO OLD guy... substantiated sourced Obama called our troops civilian KILLERS!
Obama told us in 2003 he favored doing away with 1,300 health insurance companies that PAY $100 billion in federal/state/local income taxes and if you have a health insurance company in your home town... look for them to go out of business and guess what will happen to your local property taxes UP!!!!

And YOU doubt insurance companies are going to go out of business???
READ THIS :
The boss at one of the nation’s biggest health insurers recently dropped a very public bombshell about the future of his industry — by forecasting its imminent death.

At a February conference in Las Vegas, Aetna president Mark Bertolini told a crowd of thousands that
“the end of insurance companies, the way we’ve run the business in the past, is here.”

This isn’t just industry whining — it’s the truth. And the chief reason for the shift is Obamacare — to its critics’ dismay and its champions’ delight.

Obama To Romney: "America's Political Differences End At The Water's Edge" - YouTube

Depends entirely on where they get their information from. I mean here's what was really said and I think you know how it was spun....

"As long as we follow the President's path in Iraq, the war is lost. But there is still a chance to change course and we must change course. No one wants us to succeed in the Middle East more than I do. But there must be a change of course. Our brave men and women overseas have passed every test with flying colors. They have earned our pride and our praise. More important, they deserve a strategy worthy of their sacrifice."

"It's much worse than reported," said Pennsylvania Rep. John Murtha, a critic of the war, but also a Marine combat veteran with close ties to the Marine command. While early reports estimated 15 civilians were killed, Mr. Murtha said the military now believes the number was 24 and that "our troops overreacted because of the pressure on them, and they killed innocent civilians in cold blood."

"There is no reason, Bob, that young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, women, breaking sort of the customs of the historical customs, religious customs."

"When you read some of the graphic descriptions of what has occurred here – I almost hesitate to put them in the record, and yet they have to be added to this debate. Let me read to you what one FBI agent saw. And I quote from his report:

"On a couple of occasions, I entered interview rooms to find a detainee chained hand and foot in a fetal position to the floor, with no chair, food or water. Most times they urinated or defecated on themselves, and had been left there for 18–24 hours or more. On one occasion, the air conditioning had been turned down so far and the temperature was so cold in the room, that the barefooted detainee was shaking with cold.... On another occasion, the [air conditioner] had been turned off, making the temperature in the unventilated room well over 100 degrees. The detainee was almost unconscious on the floor, with a pile of hair next to him. He had apparently been literally pulling his hair out throughout the night. On another occasion, not only was the temperature unbearably hot, but extremely loud rap music was being played in the room, and had been since the day before, with the detainee chained hand and foot in the fetal position on the tile floor.

"If I read this to you and did not tell you that it was an FBI agent describing what Americans had done to prisoners in their control, you would most certainly believe this must have been done by Nazis, Soviets in their gulags, or some mad regime – Pol Pot or others – that had no concern for human beings. Sadly, that is not the case. This was the action of Americans in the treatment of their prisoners."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Durbin

Last edited:
NOW you may say "that's out of context"!
DOESN"T MATTER!!! When you say things like this it doesn't matter because the TERRORISTS USED theses words!!!

Yes, I would say that was out of context, but then again...context matters to those of us who really WANT to understand what someone is saying.

He also promised taxes wouldn't be raised and we can keep
In his first presidential speech to Congress, President Obama promised:
"If your family earns less than $250,000 a year, you will not see your taxes increased a single dime.
I repeat: not one single dime."

Willard said Obama hasn't raised taxes. Don't you trust him?

As for the rest of it, I'll simply point out that the so-called "Obamacare" is NOT a single payer system.

Well, that would be hypocritical of the CiC. He has ordered the assassination of US citizens abraod. He's led drone strikes that have been known to kill civilians abroad. And now he's signed law suspending posse comitatus to US citizens.

So if he said that, it's just one more notch in the Obama belt of lies, hypocracy and double standards.

Obamination, Reid, Kerry, etc....were cheering for the terrorists in Iraq until they won the White House then Obamination took credit for the pullout that was already taking place thanks to Bush.

Again, 'god' bless the troops, but its just the nature of war. Civilians die by the droves in war, and there's no such thing as a "precision bomb"

Baghdad is home to some 5 million people. Do you really think every explosion in this video is only affecting the enemy combatants?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NktsxucDvNI&feature=related]★ Shock and Awe the initial bombing of baghdad ★ - YouTube[/ame]

Again, Bush can't be "an Away Without Leave," idiot.....even if he was AWOL.

The documentation that says you are full of shit is the DD214 Bush has and that you don't have stating he served Honorably in the US military.

Dumbfuck....what is "an AWOL?":eusa_whistle:

Oh, you served 0 minutes in the US military but just throw out acronyms that you see on TV.....
To date, no documentation has been provided showing Bush's whereabouts for 18 months, when he supposed to be stationed in Alabama.

Forum List

Back