How do Republicans define "jobs"?

Now that Republicans have control of the house, seems they are saying, "We never said we could create any jobs".

First, Gov. Christie of New Jersey is being tauted because he cut 20,000 jobs. Other Republicans are joining they fray. They want to cut 200,000 jobs and the latest, for JB is 700,000. So be it.

So they are saying they have no plan for "job creation"? If they continue to cut taxes for the wealthy and cut middle class jobs, who is going to pay for the military?

Let's point out that cutting 700,000 jobs adds nearly a full percentage point to the unemployment rate. That would bring it back up to over 10%, which is where Bush left it on the last day of his final budget.

Are we only seeing part of the Republican plan? Is there more or is this as far as they've gotten? Used to be the Republican's only plan was to cut taxes. Now it's "cut taxes" and "cut jobs". That's the plan? There has to be more.

Your math is wrong:

700000/153000000 - Google Search
Employment Situation Summary Table A. Household data, seasonally adjusted

Your timing of when government spent according to Bush's last budget is wrong:

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

Read The Bill: H.R. 2638 [110th] - GovTrack.us

H.R. 1105 [111th]: Omnibus Appropriations Act, 2009 (GovTrack.us)

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/133478-obama-got-a-fresh-start.html

You are publishing a bunch of links without explaining anything.

Remember, Bush left out the cost of both wars and the cost in real terms of his trillions in tax cuts and "drugs for votes" bill. That's 3 to 7 trillion right there. Obama actually published the first honest budget in 8 years.

Besides, the 2.4 million jobs Republicans moved to China from 2001 to 2008 was trending employment downward. Which peaked in Oct of 2009. See your own link at:

Because Obama passed some bills, we know that once it's passed, it takes months and even years before it affects anything. Because it takes time to put a "structure" in place. Republicans want to make Obama the "instant president". Because if he weren't the "instant president", then the damage has to come from their disastrous policies, which, obviously, it does.

Besides, the 2.4 million jobs Republicans moved to China from 2001 to 2008 was trending employment downward. Which peaked in Oct of 2009.

How did the Republicans move these jobs exactly? did they call U-Haul or Ryder trucks.
Can you be a little more specific please.Did they go into offices at night and move peoples desks one by one to China....Did Joe the mail room guy walk into his office and go to sit down only to discover that the chair was gone? Your a funny guy....you make me laugh:lol:

Government can not Create permanent Private sector jobs, all they can do is create conditions where the Private sector is better able to add new jobs.

I am not in the GOP but I would define a job as a permanent position. not temporary construction work, or census workers. :)

The GOP did not run on Creating jobs, they ran on creating the conditions where the Private sector could grow. Namely by reducing taxes, and spending, and getting the government out of the way of the Private sector.

I know it hard for a far lefty like you to get Dean, but Government spending can only create government jobs, at it does it by TAKING money out of our Economy which limits private sector growth. Which is the only thing that is going to begin to replace the 8 Million jobs we have lost.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bush and the Republicans fault. An economy such as the US doesn't change overnight. It works off momentum. Sometimes it takes years to the see the effects of policies. What about the trillions in tax cuts? What did that do for the economy?

OK it's Bush's fault, but it's not the Republicans fault, the democrats were in control of congress from 2007 until 2010

The tax cut was passed through reconciliation when Republicans were in charge.
Reagan proved Tax cuts worked. obama has proven tax cuts work by extending the Bush plan. and your point?

You are publishing a bunch of links without explaining anything.

Remember, Bush left out the cost of both wars and the cost in real terms of his trillions in tax cuts and "drugs for votes" bill. That's 3 to 7 trillion right there. Obama actually published the first honest budget in 8 years.

Besides, the 2.4 million jobs Republicans moved to China from 2001 to 2008 was trending employment downward. Which peaked in Oct of 2009. See your own link at:

Because Obama passed some bills, we know that once it's passed, it takes months and even years before it affects anything. Because it takes time to put a "structure" in place. Republicans want to make Obama the "instant president". Because if he weren't the "instant president", then the damage has to come from their disastrous policies, which, obviously, it does.

Besides, the 2.4 million jobs Republicans moved to China from 2001 to 2008 was trending employment downward. Which peaked in Oct of 2009.

How did the Republicans move these jobs exactly? did they call U-Haul or Ryder trucks.
Can you be a little more specific please.Did they go into offices at night and move peoples desks one by one to China....Did Joe the mail room guy walk into his office and go to sit down only to discover that the chair was gone? Your a funny guy....you make me laugh:lol:

Wow, I'm glad you asked. Through subsidies and good old fashioned politics.

US Chamber of Commerce lobbyist moderated panel on outsourcing American jobs

Newsvine - "US" Chamber of Commerce hosts seminars with Chinese gov officials to teach American firms how to outsource

In fact, there is one of the schedules posted on the Internet:

bchinab.jpg

The growing trade deficit between the U.S. and China eliminated or displaced an
estimated 2.4 million jobs in the U.S. between 2001 and 2008, according to a new report
from the Economic Policy Institute

http://www.epi.org/page/-/bp260/20100323_china_trade_pr.pdf

FULL QUESTION
What’s the truth behind the assertion that the Chamber of Commerce is funding ads attacking Democratic candidates with money solicited from foreign interests — China, oil emirate, Russian banks, etc. Currently MoveOn.org is working this story.
FULL ANSWER
U.S. Chamber of Commerce President Tom Donohue has declared that his group will spend $75 million in connection with the upcoming midterm election. But the chamber won’t say specifically where that money is coming from, which gives corporations a conduit for funding attack ads anonymously.

The Chamber and Foreign Contributions | FactCheck.org

======================

Just to summarize, The Chamber of Commerce has been working for the Chinese since 2001. They have received tens of millions of dollars at least from "anonymous sources (remember, they are working with the Chinese). 90% of that money has gone to Republicans or "conservative" Democrats or has been used to fund attack ads on Democrats.

Put the pieces of the puzzle together. If it looks like dogshit, and smells like dogshit. Believe me, it's "dogshit".

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure that "job creation" means creating a circumstance where people who would not otherwise have such an opportunity (creepy CEO types) can get ----jobs from their underlings

The disaster as you put it started in 2007, and steadily got worse. Yes it really took off after obama was elected. You see election do have there consequences.

Plus the dot com bubble burst in early 2000.

Bush was the disaster. Two wars not included in any budget. Trillions in tax breaks that didn't do jack for the economy. Moving 2.4 million jobs to China. I just don't understand why Republicans ignore these fundamental causes.

Wars didnt start till after 9/11. You know, when we were attacked.

it seems difficult how you can blame Bush for the wars in, not only before the wars happened, but before Bush was in office.

Unlikek you, we can't ignore reality.

Effectively destroying the union. If they have no power to do anything, why join? I thought that would be obvious.

The funny thing about "shrinking" the government is "what's left over"?

Any time you put "merit pay" into effect, you have to hire people to over see the "merit pay". I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just pointing out it involves MORE government.

Let's see. No Union = lower labor costs = more jobs.

So you are against having more jobs as long as your political buddies get more? I thought you were whining against the lack of jobs and here you are supporting less job availability.

The burning question here is, "Do Republicans really have any solution at all to bringing jobs to the Middle Class"?

Is that why they are going after the President on DOMA and bringing up abortion and teachers unions? Because they have nothing else? No solutions?

I can tell you for sure, "teachers" didn't cause the economic meltdown.

Solutions to bringing jobs to the middle class? So you don't think the wealthy or poor are entitled to work? How heartless are you? Who needs jobs more, the middle class or the poor?

The biggest flaw with your reasoning is that government isnt supposed to supply people with jobs. Just provide people with freedom so that people can create their own jobs.

BTW where exactly where you when the Democrats were pursuing Obamacare against the wishes of the American people while the middle class you claim to care about so much continually lost jobs? Oh yeah, you cared more about making the economy worse to fit your agenda than you did about people having jobs.

Is it any wonder none of us believe you actually give a crap about the American people?

OK it's Bush's fault, but it's not the Republicans fault, the democrats were in control of congress from 2007 until 2010

The tax cut was passed through reconciliation when Republicans were in charge.
Reagan proved Tax cuts worked. obama has proven tax cuts work by extending the Bush plan. and your point?

Obama simply proved that Raising taxes in a bad economy is stupid. Which just about anyone who understands economics realizes.

When he actually cuts taxes, ill agree with what you say. Till then, I am not going to pretend Obama has cut any taxes when he hasnt.

Forum List

Back