How do Republicans define "jobs"?

The disaster as you put it started in 2007, and steadily got worse. Yes it really took off after obama was elected. You see election do have there consequences.

Plus the dot com bubble burst in early 2000.

Bush was the disaster. Two wars not included in any budget. Trillions in tax breaks that didn't do jack for the economy. Moving 2.4 million jobs to China. I just don't understand why Republicans ignore these fundamental causes.

I'm not arguing against Bush's "liberal" fiscal spending. However, let's not drop the buck at Bush's door. Every president in the last 70-80 years has involved our troops and/or monetary resources in conflicts overseas. Many (most) of them were unnecessary for our involvement. The U.S. foreign policy is what's too blame. I haven't seen much by any of the last 5 presidents do a damn thing to change our foreign policy....drastically that is.

not to mention that to stay up with population growth he needed to create 100,000 jobs a month to stay even, he created as you say 5 million jobs that was down to 3.5 million when left office and he left the economy in a spiral down mode that hasn't been seen since the great depression which Obama stopped. Oh and he needed to create 9,600,000 jobs to just stay even, which says he was 6.200,000 jobs short of breaking even for 8 years in office.

Bush created no jobs.

Government can not Create permanent Private sector jobs, all they can do is create conditions where the Private sector is better able to add new jobs.

I am not in the GOP but I would define a job as a permanent position. not temporary construction work, or census workers. :)

The GOP did not run on Creating jobs, they ran on creating the conditions where the Private sector could grow. Namely by reducing taxes, and spending, and getting the government out of the way of the Private sector.

I know it hard for a far lefty like you to get Dean, but Government spending can only create government jobs, at it does it by TAKING money out of our Economy which limits private sector growth. Which is the only thing that is going to begin to replace the 8 Million jobs we have lost.

So Bush left office in January 2009, unemployment continued to go up and stayed and it's Bush's fault?

are you that dumb to believe the unemployment didn't come because of BUSH and the conservative wealthy crooks of this country.

Now that Republicans have control of the house, seems they are saying, "We never said we could create any jobs".

First, Gov. Christie of New Jersey is being tauted because he cut 20,000 jobs. Other Republicans are joining they fray. They want to cut 200,000 jobs and the latest, for JB is 700,000. So be it.

So they are saying they have no plan for "job creation"? If they continue to cut taxes for the wealthy and cut middle class jobs, who is going to pay for the military?

Let's point out that cutting 700,000 jobs adds nearly a full percentage point to the unemployment rate. That would bring it back up to over 10%, which is where Bush left it on the last day of his final budget.

Are we only seeing part of the Republican plan? Is there more or is this as far as they've gotten? Used to be the Republican's only plan was to cut taxes. Now it's "cut taxes" and "cut jobs". That's the plan? There has to be more.

what jobs are being cut?
If you're referring to public sector government jobs, I'm fine with that. Federal government payrolls are bloated anyway.
BTW, the best way for government to create jobs is to get the hell out of the way of the economy. The only way we get out of this recession is to permit private sector job growth.

Republican Gov. Christie cut 20,000 in New Jersey.

Republican Gov. Walker is trying to destroy unions and will cut jobs.

Republican Govs across the US are cutting jobs or working to cut jobs. It's not all about the Federal Government.

So Bush left office in January 2009, unemployment continued to go up and stayed and it's Bush's fault?

are you that dumb to believe the unemployment didn't come because of BUSH and the conservative wealthy crooks of this country.

Bush and the Republicans fault. An economy such as the US doesn't change overnight. It works off momentum. Sometimes it takes years to the see the effects of policies. What about the trillions in tax cuts? What did that do for the economy?

Now that Republicans have control of the house, seems they are saying, "We never said we could create any jobs".

First, Gov. Christie of New Jersey is being tauted because he cut 20,000 jobs. Other Republicans are joining they fray. They want to cut 200,000 jobs and the latest, for JB is 700,000. So be it.

So they are saying they have no plan for "job creation"? If they continue to cut taxes for the wealthy and cut middle class jobs, who is going to pay for the military?

Let's point out that cutting 700,000 jobs adds nearly a full percentage point to the unemployment rate. That would bring it back up to over 10%, which is where Bush left it on the last day of his final budget.

Are we only seeing part of the Republican plan? Is there more or is this as far as they've gotten? Used to be the Republican's only plan was to cut taxes. Now it's "cut taxes" and "cut jobs". That's the plan? There has to be more.

what jobs are being cut?
If you're referring to public sector government jobs, I'm fine with that. Federal government payrolls are bloated anyway.
BTW, the best way for government to create jobs is to get the hell out of the way of the economy. The only way we get out of this recession is to permit private sector job growth.

Republican Govs across the US are cutting jobs or working to cut jobs. It's not all about the Federal Government.

No, but it's all about having to pay government employees--whether it be at the state or national level. If the national level wouldn't waste so much of our money, they'd have more money to aid the states, thus allowing the states to not cut state paid employees.

what jobs are being cut?

That's what we've been doing for the last ten years. Tax cut after tax cut. Deregulation and not enforcing regulations.

We end up with over 9 trillion in debt and the greatest recession in a century.

You want that to continue?

what jobs are being cut?

They are cutting GOVERNMENT jobs...That is a GOOD thing! That's called fiscal responsibility.
Walker is NOT trying to destroy unions. He is removing the right of Wisconsin state worker's right to collectively bargain for benefits and pensions.

Now, it is high time politicians are stepping up for the taxpayers and ridding the payrolls of unneeded employees. Sorry, but government work is not an entitlement.

There is nothing wrong with shrinking the size of government or government workforce.
If these people are so skilled at what they do ( as their unions try to convince us) they should have no problem finding work in the private sector.
There, they will find we have things like "merit pay, increases for merit rather than just "putting in my time" and of course that risk we all must face that is if we do not produce, we are out of a job. That's the real world. Surely these highly skilled former government workers will flourish in the private sector, don't you think?

what jobs are being cut?

That's what we've been doing for the last ten years. Tax cut after tax cut. Deregulation and not enforcing regulations.

How many tax cuts? How much deregulation?
Ok, smartass, prove it.
Do you really think I am going to let you get away with posting that bullshit?
Get to work and produce some data.
Show us the the multiple tax cuts and how they in and of themselves have directly caused the Obama admin to run up $14 trillion in debt...That is the CBO estimate for the total amount of debt expected to be accumulated over the next ten years.
Do you really want to sit there and try to convince me that the only way to prosperity is to transfer all economic responsibility to the federal government? Are you really that stupid?
Tell ya what.....here's your chance to offer up an example of ONE thing the federal government does on time and under budget and turns a profit....Go ahead, knock yourself out. Then when you're done not finding that one thing, convince me that government and not the private sector should get the nod for creating jobs.

what jobs are being cut?

How many tax cuts? How much deregulation?
Ok, smartass, prove it.
Do you really think I am going to let you get away with posting that bullshit?
Get to work and produce some data.
Show us the the multiple tax cuts and how they in and of themselves have directly caused the Obama admin to run up $14 trillion in debt...That is the CBO estimate for the total amount of debt expected to be accumulated over the next ten years.
Do you really want to sit there and try to convince me that the only way to prosperity is to transfer all economic responsibility to the federal government? Are you really that stupid?
Tell ya what.....here's your chance to offer up an example of ONE thing the federal government does on time and under budget and turns a profit....Go ahead, knock yourself out. Then when you're done not finding that one thing, convince me that government and not the private sector should get the nod for creating jobs.

that's right. Government jobs costs taxpayers money. Simple as that.

what jobs are being cut?

They are cutting GOVERNMENT jobs...That is a GOOD thing! That's called fiscal responsibility.
Walker is NOT trying to destroy unions. He is removing the right of Wisconsin state worker's right to collectively bargain for benefits and pensions.

Now, it is high time politicians are stepping up for the taxpayers and ridding the payrolls of unneeded employees. Sorry, but government work is not an entitlement.

There is nothing wrong with shrinking the size of government or government workforce.
If these people are so skilled at what they do ( as their unions try to convince us) they should have no problem finding work in the private sector.
There, they will find we have things like "merit pay, increases for merit rather than just "putting in my time" and of course that risk we all must face that is if we do not produce, we are out of a job. That's the real world. Surely these highly skilled former government workers will flourish in the private sector, don't you think?

Effectively destroying the union. If they have no power to do anything, why join? I thought that would be obvious.

The funny thing about "shrinking" the government is "what's left over"?

Any time you put "merit pay" into effect, you have to hire people to over see the "merit pay". I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just pointing out it involves MORE government.

anybody who is stupid enough to think that our problems we have right now is not because of the policies of GWB and the republicans along with the crookedness of the banking and housing markets is a fucking fool and very very stupid at best.

Just because you don't want to admit it, doesn't mean it's not true. The worst thing in America is the greed and wealth grab of the right. You should be ashamed of your self, JC is turning over in his grave thinking about people who care so much about themselves and money as the religious right that you people think you are.

The burning question here is, "Do Republicans really have any solution at all to bringing jobs to the Middle Class"?

Is that why they are going after the President on DOMA and bringing up abortion and teachers unions? Because they have nothing else? No solutions?

I can tell you for sure, "teachers" didn't cause the economic meltdown.

Take a look at any chart out there and you will see that as the unions have diminished, the middle class as a whole has went right along with them in wages and benefits while the wealthy and sorta wealthy have made a steady chart line towards the upside.

and this couldn't happen if they couldn't get sheep to vote for them. To all you people that the right has some how convinced you to vote against your own best interest by pushing hate they neighbor as thy enemy will find out one thing, when you drag all the middle class down, YOU WON'T BE ONE BIT BETTER FOR IT. It just amazes me how those who claim to have a religious base to their lives can be so mean towards others.

Last edited:

Bush and the Republicans fault. An economy such as the US doesn't change overnight. It works off momentum. Sometimes it takes years to the see the effects of policies. What about the trillions in tax cuts? What did that do for the economy?

OK it's Bush's fault, but it's not the Republicans fault, the democrats were in control of congress from 2007 until 2010

Merit pay=the ability to walk on anyone in your attempt to suck up for your own improvement.
Ahh the collective mindset. That substandard workers should be able to ride the coat tails of those who produce. No thanks.
I support the recognition of achievement and success at one's job. This is how one improves their position at their place of employment.
That is the way it should be.

Take a look at any chart out there and you will see that as the unions have diminished, the middle class as a whole has went right along with them in wages and benefits while the wealthy and sorta wealthy have made a steady chart line towards the upside.

and this couldn't happen if they couldn't get sheep to vote for them. To all you people that the right has some how convinced you to vote against your own best interest by pushing hate they neighbor as thy enemy will find out one thing, when you drag all the middle class down, YOU WON'T BE ONE BIT BETTER FOR IT. It just amazes me how those who claim to have a religious base to their lives can be so mean towards others.
We are middle class, have never been union members and have improved our pay and job standards.
We didn't need some pinky ring wearing union mook to tell us we needed him for our survival.

OK it's Bush's fault, but it's not the Republicans fault, the democrats were in control of congress from 2007 until 2010

The tax cut was passed through reconciliation when Republicans were in charge.

Forum List

Back