How do Obama's new Executive Orders effect me?

katyanareldiv

Rookie
Jan 16, 2013
Louisiana
I have never been convicted of a crime, never officially charged with anything & not been treated for any mental issues. That being said....I have been illegally & falsely arrested for what is called a terrorist threat. Let me explain....Someone I know pulled a gun on me, I called the police & was arrested also. Simply because she said I threatened to kill her on the phone the day before. I now have a terrorist threat on my arrest record from California. I cannot work for the Government, in a port, medical field, Gaming, Real Estate (I was a Realtor) & many more. I can have this expunged from my arrest record for an amount of money I do not have.

My question is, Can I legally own a gun now under his new laws/policies? Can my boyfriend since he has in the past been diagnosed with PTSD after his stint in the Middle East?

I have never been convicted of a crime, never officially charged with anything & not been treated for any mental issues. That being said....I have been illegally & falsely arrested for what is called a terrorist threat. Let me explain....Someone I know pulled a gun on me, I called the police & was arrested also. Simply because she said I threatened to kill her on the phone the day before. I now have a terrorist threat on my arrest record from California. I cannot work for the Government, in a port, medical field, Gaming, Real Estate (I was a Realtor) & many more. I can have this expunged from my arrest record for an amount of money I do not have.

My question is, Can I legally own a gun now under his new laws/policies? Can my boyfriend since he has in the past been diagnosed with PTSD after his stint in the Middle East?

These are good questions to which probably none of us are familiar enough with your local laws and federal laws to give you an accurate answer.

And we are going to have to wait to read the actual EOs and new federal regulations to know what increased enforcement and/or what changes to regulations are going to come about.

Perhaps your best, safest option is to go to a gun retailer and see what pops up when he does the required background check on you.

He already has his sniper rifle from the military. Although it is kept in a family gun vault elsewhere.

How many citizens will get the raw end of the deal on this... I guess we shall find out soon.

On another note...Now that I live in Louisiana, I NEED a gun for protection, since there is a lot of home invasion crimes here. I have already been robbed twice & had a gun pulled on me numerous times. I am pretty sure their guns were not legally owned.

Suspected and even known terrorists can legally acquire guns.

Ex-military can also obtain weapons so long as they were not dishonorably discharged.

He already has his sniper rifle from the military. Although it is kept in a family gun vault elsewhere.

How many citizens will get the raw end of the deal on this... I guess we shall find out soon.

On another note...Now that I live in Louisiana, I NEED a gun for protection, since there is a lot of home invasion crimes here. I have already been robbed twice & had a gun pulled on me numerous times. I am pretty sure their guns were not legally owned.

Go to a gun retailer and buy a gun, then. If you are not allowed to, that will show up when he does the required background check.

That's what you get for living in Kalifornia. If you are a felon you can't own a gun.

Suspected and even known terrorists can legally acquire guns.

Ex-military can also obtain weapons so long as they were not dishonorably discharged.

Yes, but for how long? Everything may change come Tomorrow. I did not actually break a law but that has not stopped that incident from ruining my career. Only because of 9/11 did that happen. They changed the definition of terrorist.

Forum List

Back