How do key words

You cant, the admin can.

Gunny doesn't seem to know anything about it.

That is what vBulletin support is for :)

He said he looked into it when the thing first happened and got back to me that he was still looking for someone to help. Whatever that means. Gunny hasn't been around for a few days..I'll shoot a PM to Echo.. She seems to be somewhat in the loop.

Spider bots!

Search engines use "spider bots" to mine posts on the web. They track every word you post. So when you search words or several words together it will show posts that have the word or links of words.

So does this mean if somebody searches "shit head" on Goggle Search President Obama will pop up as a result because I've posted him as such many times... And is that the reason a slow moving black sedan is always circling the block around my house?

Spider bots!

Search engines use "spider bots" to mine posts on the web. They track every word you post. So when you search words or several words together it will show posts that have the word or links of words.

So does this mean if somebody searches "shit head" on Goggle Search President Obama will pop up as a result because I've posted him as such many times... And is that the reason a slow moving black sedan is always circling the block around my house?

Yep, somewhere in the millions of pages of "shit head" your posts or blogs (if not private) will show up.

Gunny doesn't seem to know anything about it.

That is what vBulletin support is for :)

He said he looked into it when the thing first happened and got back to me that he was still looking for someone to help. Whatever that means. Gunny hasn't been around for a few days..I'll shoot a PM to Echo.. She seems to be somewhat in the loop.

While having Googlebot index your site more quickly is almost always a good thing, there are times when you don't want certain pages or images indexed. Most "reputable" spiders will obey a directive given by the robots.txt file. This file is document that tells spiders what they may and may not index. You can also explicitly instruct a robot not to follow any of the links on a page by the following meta tag:META NAME="Googlebot" CONTENT="nofollow".

Because of how these bots work and the importance they place on text links, many people have begun placing keyword filled text links to their website in their signatures on blogs and other comment sections. To reduce the impact that these have, you can instruct spiders not to follow one specific link by placing the following in the anchor tag:rel="nofollow". This will reduce the outgoing number of links and help you to maintain your pagerank.

What is a Spider, Bot, Crawler - Googlebot, Yahoo Slurp, and MSNbot

Its all about the coding.

I honestly don't know and I ask b/c there was a thread the other day that the keywords were conhog is a slut. Now certainly I don't care what if people think ConHog is a slut, it just piqued my curiosity because I in fact could not find anything in the thread which suggested I was. Just weird.

Search engines refer with string 'q='.

I offer up this thread as a serious question and some try to further deride me.......

Probably something like:

$behind = "q";
function keywords() {
$terms = null;
$query_array = array();
$query_terms = null;
$query = explode($behind . '=', $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']);
(..strip + in search string of a sentence and invalid characters.)
return $terms;
};

Rest is forum specific to add the terms into Database and reference it with the correct thread.
Currently as it stands, the keywords-function has minimal search-engine related value as keywords are readout as normal text-string, like normal content.

The keywords should be displayed as Links tagged into <a href=" ">keyword</a> pointing to the thread, and in case of multi-page thread to the 1st page.

Then it has a better search-engine related value as an onsite-link.

Forum List

Back