How Do I replace my avatar?

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
My beautiful puppy died. I cannot keep coming to this site and look at her any longer.

I found an avatar that was okay, but I cannot paste it in the avatar space in my account. Can anyone help?

TIA

Jackson

My beautiful puppy died. I cannot keep coming to this site and look at her any longer.

I found an avatar that was okay, but I cannot paste it in the avatar space in my account. Can anyone help?

TIA

Jackson
Very sorry about your puppy....you should be able to copy and paste a pic from the web and paste it on your avatar or you can save one in a file on your computer and then upload and post it to your avatar...
open avatar on your profile page to get started.....

i am sorry about your puppy dog... to replace your avatar :

is it downloaded to your computer? if so, then go to your name by the inbox/alerts

click to drop down the 'menu'

on the left side towards the bottom is 'avatar' - click on that

then click 'browse' to get to your downloads

click on the pic you wanna upload

check the box to delete current avatar

click okay... that should do it.

TIA

Jackson
Click on your username in the top right of your webpage, then click on Avatar. You should be able to browse your hard drive for a new photo that you can upload to use as your new avatar.

Sorry to hear about your puppy, I'm sure he or she knew how much they were loved.
upload_2019-4-19_16-42-0.png

upload_2019-4-19_16-39-11.png
upload_2019-4-19_16-47-33.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-4-19_16-34-34.png
    upload_2019-4-19_16-34-34.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 114
  • upload_2019-4-19_16-38-47.png
    upload_2019-4-19_16-38-47.png
    22.8 KB · Views: 106
Thank you for trying to help. The error message says the image is too large and I lost it. I'll try again later after I have dried my tears.

Sor
Thank you for trying to help. The error message says the image is too large and I lost it. I'll try again later after I have dried my tears.
ry about your dog. You can look for an avatar converter site that allows you to scale down your photos to an acceptable size

Sor
ry about your dog. You can look for an avatar converter site that allows you to scale down your photos to an acceptable size
Well, I got so far as choosing an avatar and resizing it. But I can't copy and paste it in the avatar space. And I know what you are thinking. Indeed. I am a moron.

Last edited:
Sor
Well, I got so far as choosing an avatar and resizing it. But I can copy and paste it in the avatar space. And I know what you are thinking. Indeed. I am a moron.

Nope. There is a reason I don't have one. They are too much work. I think it is rather silly that sites allow such small size for avatars and allow people to create signatures that are as large as Australia.

Sor
Well, I got so far as choosing an avatar and resizing it. But I can copy and paste it in the avatar space. And I know what you are thinking. Indeed. I am a moron.

Nope. There is a reason I don't have one. They are too much work. I think it is rather silly that sites allow such small size for avatars and allow people to create signatures that are as large as Australia.
I resized it to 50 whatevers and they say it's still too large. I think I am going to give up.

Sor

I resized it to 50 whatevers and they say it's still too large. I think I am going to give up.

If here is like some sites, it might eventually show up even after they said it was too large. It seems like a quirk in software I encountered somewhere maybe 5 or 6 years back. Once I said to hell with it, I had an avatar. Not one I especially liked because it had started off as a sarcastic thing I intended to change. After all that, I just left it.

I DID IT!!! Don't know how but it came up! But it doesn't move. He is supposed to get mad at the computer and go nuts...which is perfect for me!

Thank you everyone!

You need to look for a picture that is 300 X 300 PPI (pixels per inch) tops or once you download it resize it with image editing software of you choosing. I think that's the top range
allowed for avatars.
You can search for your image, example: "Batman 300 x 300" in quotation marks and it should give you only pictures that are 300 X 300 PPI.

You can't see my avatar very well, but it's so cute, I thought I would enlarge it to amuse you before I change it.:

27360.jpg
th

6a00d8341cdd0d53ef0133ec72e775970b-320wi

Forum List

Back