How do I naturally deworm my puppy?

521657_535173696533734_1613206370_n.jpg

I want to see evidence and footage. They haven't given us any real information yet.

the seven in one shot is the best way to go !! it is virtually painless when administered properly and it protects your pet from the worst diseases .

We found a litter of kittens under our shed last summer and ended up keeping one. He had worms and I'm not a fan of chemicals and the like so we used this:

Using Diatomaceous Earth to Worm Pets - VetInfo

Got rid of them in no time. I had it for our two dogs, I give them each a dose nearly every day for any intestinal buggies they may pick up and to help with bitey bugs. My older dog was getting nailed with something, itching and pulling out her skin all over but mostly around the base of her tail. I think she ate something outside that had worms or something in it. Anyway, after a few weeks on this the problem completely resolved. Oh, I also sprinkled it on her (put the powder in a glass parmesan cheese shaker lol). Good for many, many things. Read the links, esp the one below. Tons of info there.

Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth Helps Eliminate Worms & Parasites

When we got our Jim Dandy, talk about worms. Aye carumba.

Nuked with a great vet I trusted; but it was a nasty time. I was put off pasta for a number of years. :lol:

No one else in my household ever has nor will they ever have worms again.

My Dobermans had worms when they were puppies. I took them to the vet for their shots and a check-up, the vet gave them something for the worms. That was the end of the worms and they've never had worms since and they're 8 and 9 years old now.

Take your puppy to the vet, let the vet handle these things. And don't trust "natural remedies" you read about on the Internet without researching them or checking them with your vet first. Anyone can post any damn thing on the Internet.

If you want to use natural remedies, fine, check with the vet, see if they're legitimate. But don't cut the vet out of your puppy's healthcare. I always check with my vet. My dogs are too precious to experiment on.

I understand what your point is here, LoudMcCloud, and I am not one to take a bunch of medications. In fact, I am 60 years old and take no medications at all. I won't even take an aspirin if I get a headache.

However, if I were to get high blood pressure and was unsuccessful at controlling it with diet and exercise, I would have to consider taking medication for it.

Sometimes medication is appropriate. Don't go to extremes in either direction.

And I think worming medication is appropriate for puppies. Get those damn worms out of there now!

Last edited:
My Dobermans had worms when they were puppies. I took them to the vet for their shots and a check-up, the vet gave them something for the worms. That was the end of the worms and they've never had worms since and they're 8 and 9 years old now.

Take your puppy to the vet, let the vet handle these things. And don't trust "natural remedies" you read about on the Internet without researching them or checking them with your vet first. Anyone can post any damn thing on the Internet.

If you want to use natural remedies, fine, check with the vet, see if they're legitimate. But don't cut the vet out of your puppy's healthcare. I always check with my vet. My dogs are too precious to experiment on.

:clap2:

My vet loved animals. He had a one man office and was always swamped with patients because the pet owners knew he was a good vet who really cared. Take the advice above and take your puppy to a good vet. Establish a relationship with that vet and trust him/her. I would look for a small practice that is busy. People love their animals and by word of mouth they find the good guys.

Your animal's health is too important to 'experiment on.' So true. If you had a child, would you give her medicine you read about on the internet or take her to a doctor?

Last edited:
Why is everyone's answer always, "Take a pill?"

Well you could do a "reverse mouth-to-mouth" on the puppies anus and suck them out.

Look...we likely all agree that we are over medicated and Doctors (and Mothers) are waaay too quick to prescribe and take medicine.
But in this case...worm pills have been around for decades, and they work. Leaving your puppy with the worms because you want to "be natural" - and you may see the "natural" progression of what intestinal worms do to a dog. Beginning with permanent damage to its intestinal tract.

I use trifexis ? But ya, you need those worms out. Its actually a health issue for you and your family to. If its a money issue then take the pup to a shelter and give it up. But normally, there are organizations that will give it to you for free or at a discount.

Forum List

Back