How Do I Delete....

Merlin

Jul 5, 2004
Ponchatoula, La.
When I double click in the space that I type my Google search in, everything I have ever typed in shows up in a drop down box. How does one go about deleting them? I've tried everything I know.

Merlin said:
When I double click in the space that I type my Google search in, everything I have ever typed in shows up in a drop down box. How does one go about deleting them? I've tried everything I know.

Firefox - Tools, Options, Privacy, Saved form information - uncheck and clear this option

Let me know if you're using IE

jimnyc said:
Firefox - Tools, Options, Privacy, Saved form information - uncheck and clear this option

Let me know if you're using IE
Sorry about the lack of information. I am running Windows XP with IE.

Or, if you just want to delete certain entries, use your arrow keys to scroll down the list and hit the "delete" key (not the "backspace" key)

Cheers.

jimnyc said:
Tools, Internet options, Content tab, Autocomplete, Uncheck/clear from there!
Thanks jimnyc. That sounded like a good plan, but every time I click on Clear Forms, the hour glass shows up and it just sits there. I click on Ctrl-Alt-Delete and everything says not responding. I closed out everything except IE and tried it a few times and it was the same thing. I am continuously tuning up my computer and have no spy ware of viruses that I am aware of and it performs very good other than this.

The ClayTaurus said:
Or, if you just want to delete certain entries, use your arrow keys to scroll down the list and hit the "delete" key (not the "backspace" key)

Cheers.
That worked The ClayTaurus. Thanks. I bet there was over a hundred entries in the Google drop down box. There is none now. Thanks again.

Merlin said:
Thanks jimnyc. That sounded like a good plan, but every time I click on Clear Forms, the hour glass shows up and it just sits there. I click on Ctrl-Alt-Delete and everything says not responding. I closed out everything except IE and tried it a few times and it was the same thing. I am continuously tuning up my computer and have no spy ware of viruses that I am aware of and it performs very good other than this.

Trying to delete too many at once. Delete them a few at a time using the scroll arrows, then when your list is smaller hit the clear key.

Forum List

Back