How do georgists and democracies handle exponential welfare recipients breeding?

grbb

VIP Member
Oct 15, 2016
Imagine if I have a corporation.

Say some share holders breed and breed and breed and breed. No problem. The share holders and their descendants will only have the same number of shares.

However, democracies and georgism have a problem.

Democracies give votes for every people. One man one vote. Some democracies, like Indonesian ones, even allow "married" people to vote even if they're underage.

It would be like corporations where people get more share, not from buying more shares, but by just breeding.

Imagine the house of Bob and Charlie. Bob works hard with few children. Charlie just breed and breed and breed and breed.

Soon, descendants of Charlie will simply vote for bigger welfare checks from descendants of Bob.

Georgism may make it even worse. Georgism advocate giving money to each "citizens".

So a welfare recipients will just breed and breed and breed to get more cash. Then the least productive members of society will just breed like rabbits. The main reasons

In fact, many democracies give citizenships to refugees. You can have the best governed countries in the world. Your people can have the right mindset. Then as your country prosper, other people, that mess up their countries, will simply come to your place as refugees and take over.

No wonder most governments are governed badly.

What is the point of governing well? Who will be benefited by good government?

If I govern/own a pizza shop, governing well, means more money for me. If I make more delicious pizzas, more customers are coming. I make more money.

What about if a government build better roads, provide better securities, and have more just judicial system?

Someone that just breed like rabbits will take it all.

There are many reasons why people buy pizzas at a particular place that have nothing to do with who makes 'the better pizza'. Even though many deny it, the majority of voters could care less about 'good honest government'; if they did they would have one now.

Don't know where you get your ideas about 'Georgism'; are you referring to Henry George and his theories? Maybe you something else, some other 'Georgism'.

I think there is a correlation between rich countries, land price, and good government.

I am not saying that US is a good government. However, we can agree that US is better than most commies government.

As the result, US people are more prosperous and some land in US rise up in price.

Yes. Georgism is from henry george. Georgism - Wikipedia

Say some share holders breed and breed and breed and breed. No problem. The share holders and their descendants will only have the same number of shares.

Democracies give votes for every people. One man one vote. Some democracies, like Indonesian ones, even allow "married" people to vote even if they're underage.

It would be like corporations where people get more share, not from buying more shares, but by just breeding.

Imagine the house of Bob and Charlie. Bob works hard with few children. Charlie just breed and breed and breed and breed.

Soon, descendants of Charlie will simply vote for bigger welfare checks from descendants of Bob.

Georgism may make it even worse. Georgism advocate giving money to each "citizens".

So a welfare recipients will just breed and breed and breed to get more cash. Then the least productive members of society will just breed like rabbits. The main reasons

In fact, many democracies give citizenships to refugees. You can have the best governed countries in the world. Your people can have the right mindset. Then as your country prosper, other people, that mess up their countries, will simply come to your place as refugees and take over.

If I govern/own a pizza shop, governing well, means more money for me. If I make more delicious pizzas, more customers are coming. I make more money.

What about if a government build better roads, provide better securities, and have more just judicial system?

Never mind all that.

The only thing that anyone will wonder about is, what the heck is georgism?

Never mind, I don't actually want to know. It's probably like that anarcho-capitalism or anarcho-sydicalists, which haven't been seen since the Spanish Civil War. (They lost big time, and nobody mourned, not even the communists.)

It's a problem in democracy too. It's the problem of people getting a piece of a precious pie without making the pie bigger.

Under democracies poor people can breed and breed and breed and breed. When those people breed, the rest fed them and pretty much pay for all the child's need.

And then those kids can vote.

In democracies there things that people do that prevent this from happening.

The rich, for example, ensure that life as a poor guy sucks. Welfare check is reduced not because it's inefficient but because lots of tax payers are fed up having to support tons of cradle to grave welfare parasites.

The poor also demand income taxes. Not so much to get welfare, but to prevent the rich from getting rich.

Actually how do democracies handle that?

I think there is a correlation between rich countries, land price, and good government.

I am not saying that US is a good government. However, we can agree that US is better than most commies government.

As the result, US people are more prosperous and some land in US rise up in price.

Yes. Georgism is from henry george. Georgism - Wikipedia

The best correlation is between size of government, managed capital and wealth.

Rich people are rich for a variety of reasons.
Poor people are poor for a variety of reasons.

Rich people have fewer children... though that is a case by case basis.
Poor people have more children... again, case by case.

OP, do you have a problem with people having children?
I ask because you seem to be hiding such a hatred behind a facade of class.

I'm probably wrong, though let's clear that up first?

Idiocracy was a great movie as disturbing as its "truth" should be.

Consider this though, the United States took in the losers of the European world. If you were a rich sect in England the other protestants probably fled you. If you were poor and powerless you probably fled the rich. Same for Africans, if you were rich and powerful you probably weren't sold into slavery, if you were powerless the odds are probably a little against you. Think the rich of China came over to work for the Central Pacific? Are the rich of South America getting in caravans?

SO, this United States country made up largely of the tired and poor of Europe and Africa and Asia and South America is the world's superpower.

SO, geographic isolation from fanatics may play a larger role then economic genetics.

I hope.

But you have a great country. With assets and good governments. It has "values"

You own your country as much as another citizen. The thing is every citizen that are born dilute your ownership. You don't get compensation for that?

In corporations, people can issue stocks. However, the corporation itself usually get something for those stocks.

Say stocks market value is $100. Say the corporation print 1000 shares of stocks. Whoever get that share must contribute $100k
Now, the welfare parasites do not have to contribute anything. They just breed.

You own your country as much as another citizen. The thing is every citizen that are born dilute your ownership. You don't get compensation for that?

In corporations, people can issue stocks. However, the corporation itself usually get something for those stocks.

Say stocks market value is $100. Say the corporation print 1000 shares of stocks. Whoever get that share must contribute $100k
Welfare parasites.....

Are you talking about the folks who use the power of big government to create AN ENTITY that can declare bankruptcy instead of them?

Welfare parasites.....

Are you talking about the folks who use the power of big government to create AN ENTITY that can declare bankruptcy instead of them?
That is too a big problem.

However, that is a different issue.

Government should regulates business so that businesses are managed in ways that they're unlikely to go bankrupt.

Corporations must be meritocratic . Nothing can be more meritocratic than organizations, with very clear measurable goal, forced to compete with one another. Any corporations that do not practice meritocracy would have been swallowed by others.

Does corporation allow every share holders to vote? Yes
Does corporation allow share holders to inherit shares to descendants? Yes
Does corporation give free shares for descendants of share holders? No.
Does corporation give free shares for babies born on specific location? No.

To have a share in corporations you usually have to do something that are beneficial to corporations or buy from another share holders. To get a share otherwise would hit the interests of other share holders.

I think states should be like corporations.

In fact, the biggest problem in democratic states is that the citizenship itself cannot be easily earned through merit or inherited.

Some poor guys just breed 20 children and each of which is citizens. Who is Britain's most feckless father?

And those dumb people just vote for bigger and bigger welfare checks. That'll be the doom of western civilization.

Welfare parasites.....

That is too a big problem.

However, that is a different issue.

Government should regulates business so that businesses are managed in ways that they're unlikely to go bankrupt.

Do you mean the government should make web hosting companies hold so much capital back or what? I'm not sure. They fool with banking regulations plenty. I'd be open ears to forcing businesses to demolish their empty buildings if no one buys them in six months.

Man, this is a layer of big government I'm not sure I'm ready for though.

In democratic countries, the poor are "forced" to breed. If they work, they pay taxes to those who breed. It's not free market. If anything, the poor would want less kids and more money.

Forum List

Back