How do female soldiers who get raped get revenge?

suplex3000

VIP Member
Nov 25, 2014
Georgia
In the military. Its kind of common to hear about unreported rape cases. I was wondering what happens to the guys who did the rape after they were exposed to other soldiers.

Nothing about legal stuff or how they got some administrative punishment.

What do soldiers do to other soldiers who rape women soldiers?

If the charge was true the soldier might find himself being given a shower with lye soap and scrubbed with a horsehair brush (with attention being given between his legs) after which he may accidentally fall from a dangerous and high place.

Come on you guys (and anarchists). If the military member is prosecuted for a sex crime he is removed from his former duty station. If the conviction is as serious as forcible rape it is serious enough to merit discharge from the military. If the charge does not stand up to a serious felony pretty much nobody is interested in revenge except a-holes who never served in the Military.

I bet these guys get covered up, because they think women have no business in the military to begin with, that seems to be the zeitgeist here.

I bet these guys get covered up, because they think women have no business in the military to begin with, that seems to be the zeitgeist here.
It's insulting to the United States Military to assume that "these guys get covered up". A rape in the U.S. Military is treated as a serious crime. The original post suggesting some sort of female vigilante "revenge" is ludicrous.

It's insulting to the United States Military to assume that "these guys get covered up". A rape in the U.S. Military is treated as a serious crime. The original post suggesting some sort of female vigilante "revenge" is ludicrous.
Not in the military, but, I support the idea of revenge for rape, and would even assist if asked by someone close to me.

Think about revenge before you authorize it. Bill Clinton might not be around if the statute of limitations and Hillary's threats didn't get him off.

In the military. Its kind of common to hear about unreported rape cases. I was wondering what happens to the guys who did the rape after they were exposed to other soldiers.

Nothing about legal stuff or how they got some administrative punishment.

What do soldiers do to other soldiers who rape women soldiers?

Dunno. But I'd check how many penis-reattachment procedures there are. :)

Come on you guys (and anarchists). If the military member is prosecuted for a sex crime he is removed from his former duty station. If the conviction is as serious as forcible rape it is serious enough to merit discharge from the military. If the charge does not stand up to a serious felony pretty much nobody is interested in revenge except a-holes who never served in the Military.
Basically this. If you're found guilty of rape then the military legal system handles it. As far as I'm aware (and I'm neither legal nor public affairs so this is something you should take with a grain of salt) the convicted member is busted down to E-1, stripped of all pay and benefits, and sent to Leavenworth, then dishonorably discharged upon completion of the sentence.

We get emails about the outcome of each trial on base. I've seen several conviction emails. I'm pretty sure I've only seen one where the defendant was found innocent. Obviously they don't allow discussion of the case before then so I don't really ever know any of the details.

Why the fuck would the military punish someone for an unreported case? The UCMJ is how the military conducts legal business, the first step is reporting the crime. I personally think it's a dumb idea to throw women in with a overwhelming majority of men and expect smooth sailing. That said, it's the system they are in thanks to political correctness and there's no draft so you must abide by the laws and face the consequences.

I see what you're saying with that but I have to disagree. Every member of the armed forces - male or female - has the right to serve out their contract without the danger of being harassed or attacked by their own colleagues. It's not a privilege. It's not something that would be nice to be true. It's a right. The system exists to protect that right. It's nothing near perfect, but it exists and it's the responsibility of every member of the armed forces to support it. That may be through using it. That may be through encouraging someone else to use it. It doesn't mean anything if people aren't willing to place their trust in it. The wing king himself can't do anything if a troop under his command doesn't tell him that she was attacked. If she chooses to use the system and go unrestricted, then I can vouch for the fact that the typical commander will do everything possible to support the victim in any and every way necessary and move heaven and earth to give the perpetrator hell to pay in the event of conviction. You don't get to a position that high by being the sort of person who wouldn't.

A fast-track discharge upon request for sexual assault victims...

Navy May Allow Sexual Assault Victims to Get Expedited Discharge
Jan 16, 2016 | A fast-track discharge upon request for sexual assault victims and a new app that will assist in reporting of sexual harassment and assault are among a handful of new initiatives the Navy is pursuing to crack down on the crime and support survivors.
Chief of Naval Operations Adm. John Richardson said he wants to have a system in place by this spring that will allow survivors to receive an expedited discharge from the service, but still keep access to support programs and counseling them might need. He said he's also working with personnel officials to make sure an alleged sexual assault victim and the alleged perpetrator cannot end up at the same command later in their careers. "Certainly, if it's a substantiated sexual assault, it will be dealt with and that person will be disciplined appropriately and probably not continue on with their career," Richardson told reporters Thursday. "But let's say something happens and it doesn't result in a conviction or something along those lines. There's nothing hardwired to prevent those people from being assigned to the command in the future."

Richardson, who became CNO in September, said he wanted to send a clear message to the fleet about the importance of cracking down on sexual assaults and protecting and supporting survivors when a crime has been committed. "I want to do everything I can to try and lower obstacles to reporting, certainly do anything I can to prevent any sense of re-victimization," he said. And for those persons who are survivors, I want to give them everything I can to recover as quickly as possible and get on with their lives." The Navy, he said, is considering development of an app based on those in use on some college campuses that will make it easier to report sexual harassment or assault. Such a tool, he said, would remove stigma for survivors, making reporting data more accurate and possibly reducing stigma preventing male sexual assault victims from coming forward.

sexual-assault-shadows-600x400.jpg

A 2014 report by the Rand Corporation found the Navy had the highest incidence of sexual assault with a male as the victim, with 1.5 percent of male sailors reporting having survived an assault. The Navy is also working to expand a program in which civilian resiliency counselors have deployed aboard amphibious assault ships to provide help to survivors and others who might have qualms about reaching out to a chaplain. Richardson said the service planned to move that program ashore, installing counselors at larger bases to augment existing support programs for sailors.

And in the interest of reinforcing the message that all sailors are expected to intervene if they observe harassment or assault, Richardson said he's doing away with terms like "bystander intervention" to describe a sailor's responsibility to step in and defend a colleague in trouble. "The term 'bystander' creates the perception of a choice, or haven if you will, for inaction," Richardson said. "That's not what a shipmate is. A shipmate always moves to help another shipmate." Richardson said his time frame to implement all these initiatives was "brisk," and said the new programs would be presented to the fleet as they became ready. "I'm not going to wait for the slowest thing to implement the fastest thing," he said.

Navy May Allow Sexual Assault Victims to Get Expedited Discharge | Military.com

New Topics

Forum List

Back